Evangelicals and Trump

#601 reply to #597
1. My claim is not "false", the difference between us is one you invented based on semantics, so that you have an excuse to attack me and others like me.

Are you speaking in tongues or something? Let’s be clear. I think you are saying that I invented the fact that America was founded by a group of religiously Christian, Deist and Unitarian white men so that I have an excuse to attack you for saying that America was founded by Christian White men.

Was America founded by (A) Christian white men or was it founded by (B)Christian, Deist and Unitarian white men.

Please answer (A) or (B).

Last edited:
You are an anti-Christian bigot, and this thread is nothing but a small part of the constant push by people like you to undermine and marginalize Christians and Christianity in our history and current and future culture.

Actually I believe most sincere Christians are a huge asset to our society and have been from the beginning. Not without flaws, but a good thing overall.

I’m happy they are here. I don’t agree that Christianity has a lock on setting and preserving morality in a society over other forms of spirituality, philosophy, religion or lifestyle choices, but I believe that if those that profess a belief in Christian doctrine find meaning and well being in their lives - and the end result is positive productive citizens the all is well.

But those Christians who take any Criticism of what they do in the secular and political arena ti be motivated by bigotry and is an sinister and hostile attempt to remove Christianity from the face of the earth, are assinine, feeble minded fools who lack confidence in their own religious beliefs.

What society needs that?

1. "Sincere Christains", and right there you set yourself up as a judge on which Christians are deserving of being treated with respect and which deserve to be marginalized. Hint. It depends mostly on whether or not they agree with you.

2. So far your "criticism" has been to mainly conflate Christians with Christian Nationalists and White Nationalists. That is not valid criticism but simply propaganda from a dishonest and bigoted enemy.

Thus, my point stands.

You are an anti-Christian bigot, and this thread is nothing but a small part of the constant push by people like you to undermine and marginalize Christians and Christianity in our history and current and future culture.
you have yet to give an example where christianity was not at the forefront of persecution and victimization of the innocent to the present day ...
a present example of the evil christianity employs to eviscerate the true message of the 1st century - their dreadful christian bible ingratiates them in recalcitrant motive -

Oh, sorry, I did not bother wading though your shit posts closely and must have missed it.

How about I the various Soviet Genocides and Mass Murders? Those were nice atheists committing horrificc persecutions and victimizations of innocents.

My point stands.

you have yet to give an example where christianity was not at the forefront of persecution and victimization of the innocent to the present day ...
there is no example of christianity fulfilling the goals of the 1st century theological enlightenment void of the fallacies and forgeries found in the christian bible that is the true history of christianities past deeds - and certainly the reason for their resultant exclusion from the text of the u s constitution.

otherwise they would provide the exculpatory evidence they are unable to demonstrate.

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him. (Matthew 4:8-11)

Notice one thing. Jesus never contested the fact that those earthly kingdoms did indeed belong to Satan. Now there is a direct line of cause and effect from the kingdoms Satan offered Jesus to the United States of today. Still think the US is a "Christian Nation"?

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. (John 18:36)

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Matthew 6:33)

So Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world, and Christians are to put the seeking of that Kingdom first. Is the establishing of Christ's Kingdom on Earth contingent upon Christian seizing earthly political power? If yes, show me some scriptures to back that up.

Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, He taketh up the isles as a very little thing. (Isiah 40:15)

ETA: Forgot this one:
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. (Revelation 16:14)

It did not say "Except for America".

Last edited:
#572 you asked
What do you think of liberals that claim that American does not even have a culture? What is that about?

#576 reply to #573
They are more stupid and dishonest than white Christian evangelicals who say America was founded as a Christian Nation.

Before you follow up on my answer to your question could you provide an example of a liberal who claims that American does not even have a culture?

My answer has not changed but I think you owe me something that shows you did not just make that up?

Do you think that it is a good thing for Christians in this country to celebrate our nations Christian heritage and culture(s)?

#568 my reply to #565
Absolutely yes! That includes Reverend Darby whom you call a dupe.

Just noticed ding rated my answer thumbs down. Was it the fact that my answer was a welcome for Christians in America to celebrate our nation’s Christian heritage and culture or was it that my welcome includes a black preacher who does not agree with some of his fellow Christians that America was founded as a Christian Natiion,

Actually I believe most sincere Christians are a huge asset to our society and have been from the beginning. Not without flaws, but a good thing overall.

I’m happy they are here. I don’t agree that Christianity has a lock on setting and preserving morality in a society over other forms of spirituality, philosophy, religion or lifestyle choices, but I believe that if those that profess a belief in Christian doctrine find meaning and well being in their lives - and the end result is positive productive citizens the all is well.

But those Christians who take any Criticism of what they do in the secular and political arena ti be motivated by bigotry and is an sinister and hostile attempt to remove Christianity from the face of the earth, are assinine, feeble minded fools who lack confidence in their own religious beliefs.

What society needs that?

1. "Sincere Christains", and right there you set yourself up as a judge on which Christians are deserving of being treated with respect and which deserve to be marginalized. Hint. It depends mostly on whether or not they agree with you.

2. So far your "criticism" has been to mainly conflate Christians with Christian Nationalists and White Nationalists. That is not valid criticism but simply propaganda from a dishonest and bigoted enemy.

Thus, my point stands.

a present example of the evil christianity employs to eviscerate the true message of the 1st century - their dreadful christian bible ingratiates them in recalcitrant motive -

Oh, sorry, I did not bother wading though your shit posts closely and must have missed it.

How about I the various Soviet Genocides and Mass Murders? Those were nice atheists committing horrificc persecutions and victimizations of innocents.

My point stands.

there is no example of christianity fulfilling the goals of the 1st century theological enlightenment void of the fallacies and forgeries found in the christian bible that is the true history of christianities past deeds - and certainly the reason for their resultant exclusion from the text of the u s constitution.

otherwise they would provide the exculpatory evidence they are unable to demonstrate.

The Bible in it's original tongue is about as close to original as it gets.
Please read: The 5 Most Accurate Bible Translations | Faith Founded on Fact.

#608 Post-Debate: Now that everyone who watched the first debate has seen a losing incumbent President disgrace himself (perhaps the strategy was to be an asshole because his base is so fond of his assholiness.)on national Fox News. But is that the kind of holiness that Evangelicals want to be in the White House for another four years?

What we just saw was TrumpO give up on winning and not give a damn about destroying the Republican Party.

So a good question for any Christian Trump supporters is where do you go when Trump loses in a landslide and takes the Republican majority in the Senate down with him?

Do Christian Trump supporters go third party? OR Do you apologize and weasel your way into what’s left of the Republican Party and roam the wilderness for the next 50 years again?

#600 reply to #599
Nope. There is nothing contradictory in being a Christian Nation, with Religious Freedom.

On American soil we shall never know if that is possible or true. The is no Christian Nation and never was under the US Constitution in which to test your hypothesis.

Religious freedom comes through our Constitution. A Christian Nation exists only in yours and some of the white Christian Evangelicals who want to go back to something that never was. And they have the real religious Freedom to believe In some things in the secular world that are not true.

The question of intent of the men who founded this nation, over two hundred years ago, is not relevant to any current day issues, and does not infringe on anyone's religious freedoms.

That is just you being a drama queen, to justify your attacks on people who disagree with you on policy.

There is no conflict between this nation being a Christian Nation and this nation respecting the religious freedoms of our religious minorities.

That is just shit you made up.

#608 Post-Debate: Now that everyone who watched the first debate has seen a losing incumbent President disgrace himself (perhaps the strategy was to be an asshole because his base is so fond of his assholiness.)on national Fox News. But is that the kind of holiness that Evangelicals want to be in the White House for another four years?

What we just saw was TrumpO give up on winning and not give a damn about destroying the Republican Party.

So a good question for any Christian Trump supporters is where do you go when Trump loses in a landslide and takes the Republican majority in the Senate down with him?

Do Christian Trump supporters go third party? OR Do you apologize and weasel your way into what’s left of the Republican Party and roam the wilderness for the next 50 years again?

Are you insane or just insanely dishonest?

You are pretending that the only reason a religious person could have for supporting a political candidate is a religious reason.

That is an incredible level of dishonesty, even compared to what you have already shown in this thread.

The debates must have been very bad for you, to be so butt hurt this morning.

In the final analysis it matters not if some people call America a Christian Nation. What I want to know is if Jesus thinks America is a Christian Nation.

Last edited:
#612 reply to #609
The question of intent of the men who founded this nation, over two hundred years ago, is not relevant to any current day issues, and does not infringe on anyone's religious freedoms.

Who were the men that founded America based upon the principle of religious freedom? Did they or did they not put their Intent in writing in a document called the Constitution?

You have decided, based on nothing written in the Constitution by those men, to declare a universal truth of your own making that those original writers of the Constitution founded a Christian Nation.

And now you tell us in Post #609 that “The question of intent of the men who founded this nation, over two hundred years ago, is not relevant to any current day issues”. Yes, you just write that.

Where did you get the universal truth that America was founded as a Christian Nation? Do you have Divine Inspiration?

What society needs that?

Thus, my point stands.

My point stands.

Please read: The 5 Most Accurate Bible Translations | Faith Founded on Fact.
they spent a century writing the christian bible including text only of their choosing - there are no original copies of any text, non etched in stone or clay gliffs nor notes for the century long process that in many cases relied on votes for material submission - the trinity as one - used to tie their loose ends together.
Christianity in the 4th century was dominated in its early stage by Constantine the great and the First Council of Nicaea of 325, which was the beginning of the period of the First seven Ecumenical Councils (325–787), and in its late stage by the Edict of Thessalonica of 380, which made Nicene Christianity the state church of the Roman Empire.
and was written for the establishment of the religion of the roman empire. there are forgeries and falacies on nearly every page of that document, written by the persecuitors of the original 1st century adherents.

In the final analysis it matters not if some people call America a Christian Nation. What I want to know is if Jesus thinks America is a Christian Nation.

Your point is a good one because the act of declaring the US a Christian Nation by a minority of practicing Christians can be questioned on the basis of WWJD. In this case What would Jesus want them to do.

My point I think to the same end is that I question the Christian Nation motivation from a secular non/Christian perspective.
Correll has decided to overwrite (Post#609) the founding fathers saying their intent (thus their wisdom) is relevant today. I have no reason to believe it matters to him what Jesus had to say about worldly nations.

There is a majority of Christians who are not obsessed with Christian Nation creationism. Correll seems not to care about that as well. Such is his obsession.

#608 I asked
is that the kind of holiness that Evangelicals want to be in the White House for another four years?

#610 reply to #608
You are pretending that the only reason a religious person could have for supporting a political candidate is a religious reason.

#615 reply to #610 I said nothing about ONLY reason. You miss-responded to this:

“is that the kind of holiness that Evangelicals want to be in the White House for another four years?”

I’m addressing Trump's character, his emotional and mental state. (Being an asshole) If what you saw TRUMPO do on National FOX TV etc last night gives you no pause for concern regarding that demonstrated asshole having access to the Nuke codes gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, then just say you are good with it.. It’s God’s plan laid out in Revelations.

Last edited:
#616 reply to 504
in Post #504 PC says America.....
....was founded by orthodox Christians, based on the Judeo-Christian Bible....

But she has not tried to explain why there is not one word of text in the Constitution that can be found to be based on the Judeo-Christian Bible..

And who are the orthodox Christians PC thinks wrote parts of the Constitution? None of their orthodoxy came through.

Last edited:
#616 reply to 504
in Post #504 PC says America.....
....was founded by orthodox Christians, based on the Judeo-Christian Bible....

But she has not tried to explain why there is not one word of text in the Constitution that can be found to be based on the Judeo-Christian Bible..

And who are the orthodox Christians PC thinks wrote parts of the Constitution? None of their orthodoxy came through.

Now watch me wipe up the floor with you yet again:

The Constitution provides for an observance of the Sabbath in its Presentment Clause, mandating that the President has ten days, excluding Sundays, to veto a bill lest it become binding.

And the instrument was framed with a view to the Declaration, which unequivocally bestows gratitude on the God of the Bible for America's independence.

" The most quoted source was the Bible. Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” Here we see the judicial, the legislative and the executive branches. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them.”

When we look at our Constitution we see in Article 4 Section 4 that we are guaranteed a Republican form of government, that was found in Exodus 18:21: “Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:” This indicates that we are to choose, or elect God fearing men and women. Looking at Article 3 Section 3 we see almost word for word Deuteronomy 17:6: ‘No person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses. . .’ Deuteronomy 17:6 “At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses. . .”. The next paragraph in Article 3 Section 3 refers to who should pay the price for treason. In England, they could punish the sons for the trespasses of the father, if the father died.

Roger Anghis -- Bring America Back To Her Religious Roots, Part 7

You, being this ignorant, makes it eminently simple.

America was not founded to be a Christian only nation.
It was never meant to be a theocracy.

But it was founded by orthodox Christians, based on the Judeo-Christian Bible....which was the single most quoted document by the Founders, and points to Jesus Christ in the text of the Constitution. Segments of our founding documents come directly from the Bible.

That religion and that book were always seen as the guidance that would form the basis of our morality.

It is the neo-Marxist influence of government school that has corrupted your view and deprived you of the truth. I doubt you will ever recover from said intellectual abuse.

And, of course, it is true.

#601 reply to #597
1. My claim is not "false", the difference between us is one you invented based on semantics, so that you have an excuse to attack me and others like me.

Are you speaking in tongues or something? Let’s be clear. I think you are saying that I invented the fact that America was founded by a group of religiously Christian, Deist and Unitarian white men so that I have an excuse to attack you for saying that America was founded by Christian White men.

Was America founded by (A) Christian white men or was it founded by (B)Christian, Deist and Unitarian white men.

Please answer (A) or (B).

I have been clear, repeatedly, that my statement is a generalization. YOur pretense that you do not understand that is not credible.

YOU ARE LYING, when you pretend to think I am denying the existence of non-Christians or non-protestants, among the Founders.

The reason for your lie, is so that you have an excuse to attack me, and other Christians, so you can create the illusion that we are being "Bad" and so that you can have an excuse to dismiss and/or marginalize US, so that you can avoid having to defend your positions and policies based on their merits.

Because you know that you CAN'T do that, because your positions and policies are BAD FOR THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS.

I am quite prepared to keep repeating my points and calling you on your bullshit, till the end of time.

You sure you don't want to switch over to more personal attacks? That is SOP of liberals who are losing as badly as you aree.

#612 reply to #609

Who were the men that founded America based upon the principle of religious freedom? Did they or did they not put their Intent in writing in a document called the Constitution?

You have decided, based on nothing written in the Constitution by those men, to declare a universal truth of your own making that those original writers of the Constitution founded a Christian Nation.

And now you tell us in Post #609 that “The question of intent of the men who founded this nation, over two hundred years ago, is not relevant to any current day issues”. Yes, you just write that.

Where did you get the universal truth that America was founded as a Christian Nation? Do you have Divine Inspiration?

There is no conflict between religious freedom and being a Christian nation.

Forum List

Back