Evangelicals and Trump

He liked the New Orleans he has before and wanted to keep it that way it was.

where do you see the Mayor of New Orleans Stating that New Orleans was founded as a chicolate City. Meaning saying the city was founded by black people to the exclusion of whites?

He liked the New Orleans he has before and wanted to keep it that way it was.

where do you see the Mayor of New Orleans Stating that New Orleans was founded as a chicolate City. Meaning saying the city was founded by black people to the exclusion of whites?

That is a nice strawman you have there. I can see you are proud of it. I respectfully decline your invitation to join you in tandem play with it. It is all yours and I have nothing to do with it.

Over here in the real world, my point stands. The mayor liked his city the way it was, and wanted to keep it that way.

And thus my point. You claim to respect America's Christian Heritage and Culture(s) and Traditions, but your words are just that, empty words and nothing more.

The moment that any American Christian actually wants something or to do something that conflicts with your wants and goals, it is TABOO, UNAMERICAN, THEOCRATIC, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

You are an anti-Christian bigot, and this thread is nothing but a small part of the constant push by people like you to undermine and marginalize Christians and Christianity in our history and current and future culture.

All toward an end, that you won't even hint at. Because you know that being honest would shock and appall all but the most radical lefty or stupid Americans.

Trump has shown some amazing things about religion in America and particularly Evangelicals when it comes to political power. You would think Trump Christ-like. But I fail to remember Christ being in favor of caging children or breaking up families. Did I miss that? Two pieces below help, it isn't about being religious, is it? What then of religion? Has it lost its holiness, its goodness.

'How the evangelical movement became Trump's "bitch" — and yes, I know what that word signifies'

'As an evangelical myself, I can see how far the movement has sunk — even to betraying its own ideal of masculinity'

"His most notable advice for interacting with half the human population is "grab 'em by the pussy". Who could have predicted such an alliance?"

Climate too. Why not pray away hurricanes floods and fires, poverty too while they are at it. Interesting how the mixture of politics and religion accomplishes so little good.

'Faith and politics mix to drive evangelical Christians’ climate change denial'

'Climate science denial may stem more from politics than religion'

'Social scientist Dan Kahan rejects the idea of an automatic link between religiosity and any anti-science bias. He argues that religiosity only incidentally tracks science denial because some scientific findings have become “culturally antagonistic” to some identity groups.'

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24
That's an idiotic rant from a low IQ easily brainwashed global warming doomsday cult member.

It's like you idiots are totally oblivious to how stupid you look when, even an entire decade after climategate, you still ascribe to that totally debunked CAGW dogma.
Oh and I thought all that ballyhoodeling was coded solicitations for lgbt sex or something. My bad.

You are an anti-Christian bigot, and this thread is nothing but a small part of the constant push by people like you to undermine and marginalize Christians and Christianity in our history and current and future culture.

Actually I believe most sincere Christians are a huge asset to our society and have been from the beginning. Not without flaws, but a good thing overall.

I’m happy they are here. I don’t agree that Christianity has a lock on setting and preserving morality in a society over other forms of spirituality, philosophy, religion or lifestyle choices, but I believe that if those that profess a belief in Christian doctrine find meaning and well being in their lives - and the end result is positive productive citizens the all is well.

But those Christians who take any Criticism of what they do in the secular and political arena ti be motivated by bigotry and is an sinister and hostile attempt to remove Christianity from the face of the earth, are assinine, feeble minded fools who lack confidence in their own religious beliefs.

What society needs that?

You are an anti-Christian bigot

Thats absurd and you know it. You fail on debating the facts based on reason. This is your standard victory speech you make when you lose.

Said the man that cut everything I said, before he tried to rebut my argument.

Dude. Why are you like this? Why do you support an agenda that your actions clear show you know it wrong?

Actually I believe most sincere Christians are a huge asset to our society and have been from the beginning. Not without flaws, but a good thing overall.

I’m happy they are here. I don’t agree that Christianity has a lock on setting and preserving morality in a society over other forms of spirituality, philosophy, religion or lifestyle choices, but I believe that if those that profess a belief in Christian doctrine find meaning and well being in their lives - and the end result is positive productive citizens the all is well.

But those Christians who take any Criticism of what they do in the secular and political arena ti be motivated by bigotry and is an sinister and hostile attempt to remove Christianity from the face of the earth, are assinine, feeble minded fools who lack confidence in their own religious beliefs.

What society needs that?

1. "Sincere Christains", and right there you set yourself up as a judge on which Christians are deserving of being treated with respect and which deserve to be marginalized. Hint. It depends mostly on whether or not they agree with you.

2. So far your "criticism" has been to mainly conflate Christians with Christian Nationalists and White Nationalists. That is not valid criticism but simply propaganda from a dishonest and bigoted enemy.

Thus, my point stands.

2. So far your "criticism" has been to mainly conflate Christians with Christian Nationalists and White Nationalists. That is not valid criticism but simply propaganda from a dishonest and bigoted enemy.

That is a lie.I am not critical of that or conflating anything. I am critical of white evangelical Protestant and conservative Catholic Christians who insist that it is a fact that America was founded as a Christian nation because that statement is not true as stated.

You cannot dispute that so you attack my motives.

That is a lie.I am not critical of that or conflating anything. I am critical of white evangelical Protestant and conservative Catholic Christians who insist that it is a fact that America was founded as a Christian nation because that statement is not true as stated.

You cannot dispute that so you attack my motives.

That is a minor question of historical trivia. But you present it, over and over again, as though saying that, is a statement that this is a nation ONLY FOR Christians or that saying it is dismissing the contributions of non-Christians.

In doing so, you are purposefully inciting division and anti-Christian bigotry, by attempting to convince non-Christians of Christian ill intent.

1. "Sincere Christains", and right there you set yourself up as a judge on which Christians are deserving of being treated with respect and which deserve to be marginalized.
has there ever been a Christian who has been judged by Christians to be not sincere?

That is a minor question of historical trivia.
Sure. Lots. Why do you ask? How is that relevant to anything?

I’m not judging or marginalizing anybody. I let sincere Christians decide who among the us not sincere. So quit lying about what I think.

Sure you are. When you call someone "unamerican" you are judging them.

Why are you lying about what you think and say?

Answer: Because you know that the Truth would turn nearly EVERYONE against you lefties.

If it’s trivial and minor why do you fight, whine and cry foul against any request to drop or change your false claim that America was founded as a Christian Nation to this;

“America was founded by Christians, Deists, and Unitarians under a secular-minded Constitution establishing religious freedom for all.”

That’s truth and you know it is. So every time you say the generalized white Evangelical Christian nationalist version, you are a liar.

You are an idiot: You asked this;

“What about if that means taking a stand against non-Christian immigration?”

Taking a stand against non-Christian immigration is not only un-American it’s probably un-Constitutional to have a discriminatory policy forcing a religious test to become a US CITIZEN.

Last edited:

What society needs that?

1. "Sincere Christains", and right there you set yourself up as a judge on which Christians are deserving of being treated with respect and which deserve to be marginalized. Hint. It depends mostly on whether or not they agree with you.

Thus, my point stands.

you have yet to give an example where christianity was not at the forefront of persecution and victimization of the innocent to the present day ...
a present example of the evil christianity employs to eviscerate the true message of the 1st century - their dreadful christian bible ingratiates them in recalcitrant motive -
Oh and I thought all that ballyhoodeling was coded solicitations for lgbt sex or something. My bad.
truly a home spun christian crucifier if there ever was one.

#596 reply to #565
When you are sloppy about your words and thus conflating white people who are American Nationalists with White Nationalist, a very different and fringe group.

Let’s be factual here. You are the one bringing up White Nationalists not me. Your statement in #565 is false. Will you clean up your act, please.

I’m white. I am an American. And I live in the greatest nation that ever was and will ever be.

it was a unique and exceptional convergence in time - The Revolution and the founding of America - It was a certain genius in the men of the times and a certain spirit in the people that made up the American settlement.

I do not attribute that Amazing creation coming from one source:

It was not a specific religion that converted a successful revolution into the ideal of a nation dedicated to freedom and liberty with the protection of the individual rights being as the highest order of its governing system

It was Americanism created there, unrestrained by dogmatic and authoritarian religion. We were indeed a religious people then, perhaps for the most part. We were Ethan Allen and his Green Mountain Boys. We were Thomas Paine and Virginia l!s Baptist’s, nothing alike, but we all came together to found and nurture Americanism.

Why? I say in large part because we had freedom of religion, not one specific religion.

We had freedom from religion as well

To say America was founded as a Christian denied the glory and mystique Americanism,

It just does. It’s an inappropriate phrase.

Last edited:

If it’s trivial and minor why do you fight, whine and cry foul against any request to drop or change your false claim that America was founded as a Christian Nation to this;

“America was founded by Christians, Deists, and Unitarians under a secular-minded Constitution establishing religious freedom for all.”

That’s truth and you know it is. So every time you say the generalized white Evangelical Christian nationalist version, you are a liar.

You are an idiot: You asked this;

“What about if that means taking a stand against non-Christian immigration?”

Taking a stand against non-Christian immigration is not only un-American it’s probably un-Constitutional to have a discriminatory policy forcing a religious test to become a US CITIZEN.

1. My claim is not "false", the difference between us is one you invented based on semantics, so that you have an excuse to attack me and others like me.

2. Having an immigration policy that is designed to NOT be disruptive or transformative to American culture and heritage is not un-American. You just want "judge" it, so that you can avoid making the argument why the change you want, is something we should actually want to do.

Because you can't. Because it is a bad change, and you know it.

What society needs that?

Thus, my point stands.

you have yet to give an example where christianity was not at the forefront of persecution and victimization of the innocent to the present day ...
a present example of the evil christianity employs to eviscerate the true message of the 1st century - their dreadful christian bible ingratiates them in recalcitrant motive -

Oh, sorry, I did not bother wading though your shit posts closely and must have missed it.

How about I the various Soviet Genocides and Mass Murders? Those were nice atheists committing horrificc persecutions and victimizations of innocents.

My point stands.

#596 reply to #565
When you are sloppy about your words and thus conflating white people who are American Nationalists with White Nationalist, a very different and fringe group.

Let’s be factual here. You are the one bringing up White Nationalists not me. Your statement in #565 is false. Will you clean up your act, please.

I’m white. I am an American. And I live in the greatest nation that ever was and will ever be.

it was a unique and exceptional convergence in time - The Revolution and the founding of America - It was a certain genius in the men of the times and a certain spirit in the people that made up the American settlement.

I do not attribute that Amazing creation coming from one source:

It was not a specific religion that converted a successful revolution into the ideal of a nation dedicated to freedom and liberty with the protection of the individual rights being as the highest order of its governing system

It was Americanism created there, unrestrained by dogmatic and authoritarian religion. We were indeed a religious people then, perhaps for the most part. We were Ethan Allen and his Green Mountain Boys. We were Thomas Paine and Virginia l!s Baptist’s, nothing alike, but we all came together to found and nurture Americanism.

Why? I say in large part because we had freedom of religion, not one specific religion.

We had freedom from religion as well

To say America was founded as a Christian denied the glory and mystique Americanism,

It just does. It’s an inappropriate phrase.

Nope. There is nothing contradictory in being a Christian Nation, with Religious Freedom.

#600 reply to #599
Nope. There is nothing contradictory in being a Christian Nation, with Religious Freedom.

On American soil we shall never know if that is possible or true. The is no Christian Nation and never was under the US Constitution in which to test your hypothesis.

Religious freedom comes through our Constitution. A Christian Nation exists only in yours and some of the white Christian Evangelicals who want to go back to something that never was. And they have the real religious Freedom to believe In some things in the secular world that are not true.

Forum List

Back