Evangelicals and Trump

#608 I asked
is that the kind of holiness that Evangelicals want to be in the White House for another four years?

#610 reply to #608
You are pretending that the only reason a religious person could have for supporting a political candidate is a religious reason.

#615 reply to #610 I said nothing about ONLY reason. You miss-responded to this:

“is that the kind of holiness that Evangelicals want to be in the White House for another four years?”

I’m addressing Trump's character, his emotional and mental state. (Being an asshole) If what you saw TRUMPO do on National FOX TV etc last night gives you no pause for concern regarding that demonstrated asshole having access to the Nuke codes gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, then just say you are good with it.. It’s God’s plan laid out in Revelations.

When you say that "this kind of holiness" you are ruling out any "non-holy" reasons.

D'uh.

Do you not understand the words you are using?

Trump is better than past republicans who left lefties like you interrupt them and get away with it, and better than you, you anti-Christian and probably anti-American bigot.

In the final analysis it matters not if some people call America a Christian Nation. What I want to know is if Jesus thinks America is a Christian Nation.

America was not founded to be a Christian only nation.
It was never meant to be a theocracy.

But it was founded by orthodox Christians, based on the Judeo-Christian Bible....which was the single most quoted document by the Founders, and points to Jesus Christ in the text of the Constitution. Segments of our founding documents come directly from the Bible.

That religion and that book were always seen as the guidance that would form the basis of our morality.

It is the neo-Marxist influence of government school that has corrupted your view and deprived you of the truth. I doubt you will ever recover from said intellectual abuse.

And, of course, it is true.
Still didn't answer my question. I'll rephrase it. How does Jesus feel when people attach His Name to an earthly political entity? No one besides me bothered to see what He had to say about His followers wielding worldly political power, and I'd have to say He considers it to be blasphemous.

#612 reply to #609
The question of intent of the men who founded this nation, over two hundred years ago, is not relevant to any current day issues, and does not infringe on anyone's religious freedoms.

Who were the men that founded America based upon the principle of religious freedom? Did they or did they not put their Intent in writing in a document called the Constitution?

You have decided, based on nothing written in the Constitution by those men, to declare a universal truth of your own making that those original writers of the Constitution founded a Christian Nation.

And now you tell us in Post #609 that “The question of intent of the men who founded this nation, over two hundred years ago, is not relevant to any current day issues”. Yes, you just write that.

Where did you get the universal truth that America was founded as a Christian Nation? Do you have Divine Inspiration?

There is no conflict between religious freedom and being a Christian nation.
you are a fraud ...
"Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works." 2 John 1:9-11
the christian bible is a book of forgeries and fallacies, deliberately written to insure loyalty or the wrath the religion legitimizes against any that do not adhere to its corrupted teachings. the roman empire. coral - chick - chemical - the crucifiers.

#612 reply to #609
The question of intent of the men who founded this nation, over two hundred years ago, is not relevant to any current day issues, and does not infringe on anyone's religious freedoms.

Who were the men that founded America based upon the principle of religious freedom? Did they or did they not put their Intent in writing in a document called the Constitution?

You have decided, based on nothing written in the Constitution by those men, to declare a universal truth of your own making that those original writers of the Constitution founded a Christian Nation.

And now you tell us in Post #609 that “The question of intent of the men who founded this nation, over two hundred years ago, is not relevant to any current day issues”. Yes, you just write that.

Where did you get the universal truth that America was founded as a Christian Nation? Do you have Divine Inspiration?

you are a fraud ...
"Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works." 2 John 1:9-11
the christian bible is a book of forgeries and fallacies, deliberately written to insure loyalty or the wrath the religion legitimizes against any that do not adhere to its corrupted teachings. the roman empire. coral - chick - chemical - the crucifiers.

You did not make a point. YOu cited a bible verse and then attacked your own source.

What is your mental health diagnosis?

#612 reply to #609

you are a fraud ...

You did not make a point. YOu cited a bible verse and then attacked your own source.

there is no source for the christian bible -

that is the point, correll your salivating over the verse must have excited your senses ...

#626 reply to #617
Presentment Clause,

The Presentment Clause does not exclude Jesus Christ birthday. Why not?

There are fifty two Sundays each year. The framers excluded Sunday’s because back then travel to ‘advise’ the President was considered work so Sunday’s didn’t count because the President could not have advisers come to his office.

III. THE PRINCIPLE OF THE DELIBERATIVE EXECUTIVE
If not to endorse religious observance, then what purpose does the Sunday exception serve? Answering this question requires reading the Sunday exception in the context of the ten-day period of the Presentment Clause. Analysis of the ten-day period (Sundays excepted) demonstrates embedded process values, namely those of a deliberative executive. This principle further relies on two aspects of the President’s powers—a duty of deliberation and the necessity of advice. The deliberative executive relies on an enterprise of advisors and deliberative activity to consider legislation. The deliberative executive would often need the full extent of the ten-day period be- fore returning the bill to Congress. Considered in this context, the Sunday exception allows the work of due diligence and deliberation to coexist with the eighteenth century’s bans on Sunday labor and travel.

Last edited:
#627 reply to #618

Thats obvious when one reads these words : “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof”

So could you advise your Christian nationalist cohorts ding Correll that America was not founded as a Christian only Nation. All religions and no religion were free to become established in the new nation under the newly written Constitution.

Because of that tell them it is a lie to say that America was founded as a Christian Nation.

It was not founded Christian only..as you say

The best way to tell a religion oriented truth about America’s Founding and the diverse group of men who did it is to say “America was founded on the basis of freedom of religion.”

Try it. say it. The truth is not too hard to say.

Last edited:
#628 reply to #621
you anti-Christian and probably anti-American bigot.

Post anything I’ve written that is anti-Christian. My words - Not your imagination.

Does one need to profess a belief in original sin and salvation through Jesus Christ to be a Christian?

Is Christianity a religion without adherents being required a to accept his love and forgiveness, believing that Jesus Christ died on the cross to redeem their sins, and getting baptised?

Why are you afraid to answer questions about what it means to be a Christian?

You argue that I live in a Christian nation but you can’t explain what ‘Christian’ means when it is applied to describec a pluralistic and multi-cultural nation.

#628 reply to #621
When you say that "this kind of holiness" you are ruling out any "non-holy" reasons.

I’m ruling out nothing.

It’s obvious from his debate performance that Trump’s not going for re-election through the sacred process of appealing to a majority of voters and winning. He is going for chaos. The Proud Boys are standing by. Waiting further chaos orders.

here’s my suggestion to reduce chaos at polling places, buy a red MAGA hat and wear it on the way in ... once inside take it off ... and vote. That will throw Trump’s Proud Boys off., The idiots will think the Goon in Chief is winning in a big way.,

Last edited:
#629 reply to #617
Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” Here we see the judicial, the legislative and the executive branches.

So Correll are you good with the one and only God himself or his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON or the HOLY GHOST from the Christian Bible (our creator) being the Founder’s inspiration for our High court , Our Congress and our King.

OUR “KING” tells me the Holy Bible promotes a theocratic dictatorship with nothing democratic about it.

#612 reply to #609

you are a fraud ...

that is the point, correll your salivating over the verse must have excited your senses ...

I was clearly discussing how YOU used the bible as a source. The bible certainly exists and you did just use it as a source.

To make that little jab of a "point", you had to pretend to be really, really stupid.

That is all you did there. Was pretend to be stupid.

My point stand. You have not actually made any points, other than to play stupid, to make little jabs at people you hate.

What is your position relevant to the topic.

Two sentences, and without any bullshit.

So, we have a chance at least, of understand what the fuck you are trying to say, if anything.

#627 reply to #618

Thats obvious when one reads these words : “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof”

So could you advise your Christian nationalist cohorts ding Correll that America was not founded as a Christian only Nation. All religions and no religion were free to become established in the new nation under the newly written Constitution.

Because of that tell them it is a lie to say that America was founded as a Christian Nation.

The fact that we had/have religious freedom and did not have an Established State Church, does not mean that we were not a Christian Nation.

YOu are ginning up a bullshit issue out of this question of semantics, so that you have an excuse to attack and marginalize Christians today, so that you can avoid having to deal with their very strong and valid arguments and interests.

You are an anti-Christian Bigot.

#628 reply to #621
you anti-Christian and probably anti-American bigot.

Post anything I’ve written that is anti-Christian. My words - Not your imagination.

Does one need to profess a belief in original sin and salvation through Jesus Christ to be a Christian?

Is Christianity a religion without adherents being required a to accept his love and forgiveness, believing that Jesus Christ died on the cross to redeem their sins, and getting baptised?

Why are you afraid to answer questions about what it means to be a Christian?

You argue that I live in a Christian nation but you can’t explain what ‘Christian’ means when it is applied to describec a pluralistic and multi-cultural nation.

#628 reply to #621

I’m ruling out nothing.

It’s obvious from his debate performance that Trump’s not going for re-election through the sacred process of appealing to a majority of voters and winning. He is going for chaos. The Proud Boys are standing by. Waiting further chaos orders.

here’s my suggestion to reduce chaos at polling places, buy a red MAGA hat and wear it on the way in ... once inside take it off ... and vote. That will throw Trump’s Proud Boys off., The idiots will think the Goon in Chief is winning in a big way.,

1. Your actions are what reveal you to be an anti-Christian bigot, ie your constant attacks on Christians in order to marginalize them in modern society.

2. I don't care to discuss what a "Christian" is, because it is irrelevant to the topic. You are just trying to bog the discuss down in irrelevant details to distract from the fact that you have lost and more than lost, been revealed as a dishonest participant.

3. Trump was not going to allow Biden to stand there and just talk shit, without challenge. That was Biden showing that he has given up on the Contest of Ideas, much like you have. Liberals as a group, know that their ideas are bad.

4. Your fear mongering about Trump being a threat to democracy was stupid in 2016, and is even more stupid now, that we have seen him be a fairly normal President, for the last 4 years.

5. The Proud Boys are not the bad guys. You are. You and the dems and your brownshirt thugs, Antifa and BLM.

#629 reply to #617
Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” Here we see the judicial, the legislative and the executive branches.

So Correll are you good with the one and only God himself or his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON or the HOLY GHOST from the Christian Bible (our creator) being the Founder’s inspiration for our High court , Our Congress and our King.

OUR “KING” tells me the Holy Bible promotes a theocratic dictatorship with nothing democratic about it.

1. I have no opinion on that matter. Politicalchic has looked more into the history of the period than I care to do so and her opinions on what she has read, are hers and not a concern of mine.

2. God did not tell you that. You are pretending to not understand the concept of "inspiration" so that you can pretend it means that Christians engaged in the political process are working towards a "theocratic dictatorship".

3. btw, that is a good example of your actions revealing your anti-Christian bigotry, that you were asking for earlier.

4. AND, it gives you a personal justifications for your hatred and attacks on Christians and gives you a reason to offer to other seculars, to be afraid of, if not hate Christians too.

#627 reply to #618

It was not founded Christian only..as you say

The best way to tell a religion oriented truth about America’s Founding and the diverse group of men who did it is to say “America was founded on the basis of freedom of religion.”

Try it. say it. The truth is not too hard to say.
I knew you wouldn't disappoint me in proving you misstate me. Thanks for not letting me down. :lol:

Give me an example where the judgement of whether or not this nation was founded as a Christian Nation, is relevant to any current issue today.

I told you why. Apparently telling the truth about the crucial amount of the non-Christian founding fathers without excluding the Christian contributions made in the creation of a secular Constitution is not important to you.

You're just here to hump legs. There is no 'crucial amount of non-Chrisitn founding Fathers", you're just babbling the vast majority of them were Chrisitans, and many were pastors and deacons. You tards keep babbling about the same three names ove over and over and over, two of which weren't even at the 1787 Convention at all, as if they were the only Founders, out of 225 or so at the Federal level and the 5,000 or so at the state levels. Now you're just playing " I Touched You Last!!!"

Even the Establishment clause come directly from one of the three founding platforms of an evangelical Christian sect, the Baptists, which is why your allegedly 'atheist' Jefferson was so anxious to keep them on his side in the elections.

Thomas Helwys (c. 1575 — c. 1616), an Englishman, was one of the joint founders, with John Smyth of the Baptist denomination.

In the early seventeenth century, Helwys was principal formulator of that distinctively Baptist request: that the church and the state be kept separate in matters of law, so that individuals might have a freedom of religious conscience. Thomas Helwys was an advocate of religious liberty at a time when to hold to such views could be dangerous. He died in prison as a consequence of the religious persecution of Protestant dissenters under King James I.

Last edited:
#601 reply to #597
1. My claim is not "false", the difference between us is one you invented based on semantics, so that you have an excuse to attack me and others like me.

Are you speaking in tongues or something? Let’s be clear. I think you are saying that I invented the fact that America was founded by a group of religiously Christian, Deist and Unitarian white men so that I have an excuse to attack you for saying that America was founded by Christian White men.

Was America founded by (A) Christian white men or was it founded by (B)Christian, Deist and Unitarian white men.

Please answer (A) or (B).

I have been clear, repeatedly, that my statement is a generalization. YOur pretense that you do not understand that is not credible.

YOU ARE LYING, when you pretend to think I am denying the existence of non-Christians or non-protestants, among the Founders.

The reason for your lie, is so that you have an excuse to attack me, and other Christians, so you can create the illusion that we are being "Bad" and so that you can have an excuse to dismiss and/or marginalize US, so that you can avoid having to defend your positions and policies based on their merits.

Because you know that you CAN'T do that, because your positions and policies are BAD FOR THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS.

I am quite prepared to keep repeating my points and calling you on your bullshit, till the end of time.

You sure you don't want to switch over to more personal attacks? That is SOP of liberals who are losing as badly as you aree.

The indoctrinated for the most part are too cowardly to confront the Militant Secularist mob.

And they haven't read Dostoyevsky....
“…Dostoyevsky (1821-1881) worried deeply about mankind unbound from moral obligation. He saw in the rise of an atheistic world the face of the Marquis de Sade…..sadist, rapist, pedophile who embraced passion, discounted human responsibility, and….dismissed God…

[Dostoyevsky] foresaw that materialist man was far more of a threat than religious man-….He saw that man would find in his search for purpose something far darker than the Judeo-Christian tradition…” Shapiro, “The Right Side Of History,” p. 115-116

Ivan Karamazov, in “The Brothers Karamazov,” exclaimed ‘if God does not exist, then everything is permitted.’

Dostoyevsky was prescient in so may ways. He saw that reason and science were being touted as the only guides that mankind needed….and he didn’t accept same. “Human beings are creatures that seek more than which reason and science purport to give them- and they are more than the self-interested animals reason and science seek to make them. ….freed from moral responsibility….[they] would burst forth in a conflagration that will set the whole world on fire, Dostoyevsky predicted.

God’s death, Dostoyevsky thought, was man’s death as well.”

Shapiro, Op.Cit., p.117

In the final analysis it matters not if some people call America a Christian Nation. What I want to know is if Jesus thinks America is a Christian Nation.

But it was founded by orthodox Christians, based on the Judeo-Christian Bible....which was the single most quoted document by the Founders, and points to Jesus Christ in the text of the Constitution. Segments of our founding documents come directly from the Bible.

That religion and that book were always seen as the guidance that would form the basis of our morality.

It is the neo-Marxist influence of government school that has corrupted your view and deprived you of the truth. I doubt you will ever recover from said intellectual abuse.

Still didn't answer my question. I'll rephrase it. How does Jesus feel when people attach His Name to an earthly political entity? No one besides me bothered to see what He had to say about His followers wielding worldly political power, and I'd have to say He considers it to be blasphemous.

Political?

There are two political entities in this nation.

Your job is to decide which is closer to the morality of the Bible, the basis for Western Civilization.

That's the answer to your question.

#612 reply to #609

you are a fraud ...

I was clearly discussing how YOU used the bible as a source. The bible certainly exists and you did just use it as a source.

To make that little jab of a "point", you had to pretend to be really, really stupid.

That is all you did there. Was pretend to be stupid.

My point stand. You have not actually made any points, other than to play stupid, to make little jabs at people you hate.

What is your position relevant to the topic.

Two sentences, and without any bullshit.

So, we have a chance at least, of understand what the fuck you are trying to say, if anything.
you are still drunk reading one of your madeup verses ...

that verse among many other forgeries in your christian bible is the very reason this country was founded as a secular nation under its constitution as best could be accomplished at the time period it was written.

a forgery as no such verse would have been spoken in the 1st century as contrary to the very events taking place of liberation theology from political / religious suppression that verse represents and the form of argument exercised by 4th century christianity - correll.

#639 reply to #597
YOU ARE LYING, when you pretend to think I am denying the existence of non-Christians or non-protestants, among the Founders.

Here is the path brings you to your Post #597 Lie that I pretend that you denying the existence of non-Christians or non-protestants, among the Founders.

In Post #597 you wrote that I ‘invented’ the difference between us.

1. My claim is not "false", the difference between us is one you invented based on semantics, so that you have an excuse to attack me and others like me.

So I asked you to choose (A) or (B) in Post #601:

Was America founded by (A) Christian white men or was it founded by (B)Christian, Deist and Unitarian white men.

Please answer (A) or (B).

So why not just answer (A) or (B) so this can be settled since the Constitution forbade all who followed the founders to establish any religion which includes forbidding establishing Christianity as the Nation’s religion.

Yet you continue to demand with an attitude that all other non-Christisns bow down to your and accept that we are lucky that Christians let us live in their Christian Nation that was founded as a Christian Nation over two centuries ago.

Last edited:

Political?

There are two political entities in this nation.

Your job is to decide which is closer to the morality of the Bible, the basis for Western Civilization.

That's the answer to your question.
My point is that a Christian America means as much to Him as a Hindu India, Buddhist Thailand, Muslim Saudi Arabia or an Atheist China. I doubt you're scoring any points with Him with your Christian America.

Forum List

Back