Evangelicals and Trump

Democrats are Marxists who have goals of destroying the family unit and all organized religion. As such, the only evangelicals who would favor Biden are posers and rat bastards. MAGA, vote straight Republican.

Your anti-Christian spin is a. not the Truth

My objection to your insistence that every single founding father was every bit as much a Christian as you are is not an anti-Christian objection or spin. It is a direct challenge to your baseless denial that the many of the founding fathers held beliefs similar to my spiritual beliefs and philosophy.

My challenge to you is based on the truth that many of the founding fathers were not Christians. You say that I’m wrong.

Are you still saying that all the founding fathers were Christians like you.

The best case that America was not founded as a Christian nation was and still is the Constitution and the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom

You have no response except to declare yourself the winner and divert to modern Christians are Oppressed victims of the evil secular left.

#1096.
#1096 reply to #1088.
Stop lying. I've been clear that you've made your case as well as you could, and you lost.

#1096 The case I defend was made by the founding fathers. Shoutout!!!! to Madison and Jefferson.

Not one Christian nationalist can explain how it is possible to have a Christian Nation when at least one of the states and the national Constitution expressly forbids it.
  • On January 16, 1786, the Assembly enacted the statute into the state's law. The statute disestablished the Church of England in Virginia and guaranteed freedom of religion to people of all religious faiths, including Christians of all denominations, Jews, Muslims, and Hindus. Wikipedia › wiki › Virginia_Statute...Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom - Wikipedia
March 4, 1789 On June 21, 1788, New Hampshire became the ninth state to ratify the document, and it was subsequently agreed that government under the U.S. Constitution would begin on March 4, 1789. In June, Virginia ratified the Constitution, followed by New York in July. History Channel › u-s-constituti...U.S. Constitution ratified - HISTORY
In case Christian Nationalists don’t know, (A) 1786 came before 1789. (B). Jews, Muslims and Hindus are not Christians.

1. I never claimed that the Founders were ALL Christians. That was shit you made up.

2. I generalized that as a group, they were Christian. I have already addressed your pretense that you don't understand generalizations. Knock that stupid game off.

3. I have moved past our discussion, where you are just stonewalling now, to discuss your motives for your behavior. That is reasonable.

4. Do you believe that it is a valid interest for Christians in this country, MAJORITY Christians to want to maintain our Christian heritage and culture(s)?

#548 reply to #513
2. YOu are conflating "Christians" with "Christian Nationalists". That is you dishonestly smearing hundreds of millions of good people. you are being a anti-Christian bigot.

Are you saying there are no Christians who want everyone to know and accept that America was founded as a “Christian” nation and that America remains so today.

NOpe. I am saying what I said. And that you cut from the context of your statement where people could plainly see that you did what I said you did.

There is no confusion there, other than what you generated by removing context and mischaracterizing what I actually said.

So, knock that silly shit off.

YOu are purposefully being sloppy with your words and lack of commas, to dishonestly smear hundreds of millions of good people, who are Christians, as the tiny, tiny fringe group, Christian Nationalists.

That is you being dishonest to try to defend your position.

That you choose to be actively dishonest to defend your position is an admission on your part, that you know you cannot defend your position based on it's merits.

IE. you know you are in the wrong.

Yet, you actively stand by your position that you know is wrong.

Why do you do that?

Is there a "Greater Good" that you are trying to secretly serve, that requires you to commit injustice on Christians in this country ?

That is a rhetorical question. We both know the answer, and the reason.

Last edited:
#548 reply to #513
2. YOu are conflating "Christians" with "Christian Nationalists". That is you dishonestly smearing hundreds of millions of good people. you are being a anti-Christian bigot.

Are you saying there are no Christians who want everyone to know and accept that America was founded as a “Christian” nation and that America remains so today.

You're giving a whole new meaning to 'slow learner.'

America was not founded to be a Christian only nation.
It was never meant to be a theocracy.

But it was founded by orthodox Christians, based on the Judeo-Christian Bible....which was the single most quoted document by the Founders, and points to Jesus Christ in the text of the Constitution. Segments of our founding documents come directly from the Bible.

That religion and that book were always seen as the guidance that would form the basis of our morality.

It is the neo-Marxist influence of government school that has corrupted your view and deprived you of the truth. I doubt you will ever recover from said intellectual abuse.

And, of course, it is true.

He's stonewalling now. He knows he has lost the debate, so he is just stonewalling in the hopes of creating an illusion of a questionable doubt in some readers, so that later on some day, if he or some other libs gets to them when we are not around, he or that lib can successfully lie to them, and bring them over to their side.

Even though his actions reveal that he knows his side is the wrong side, or the bad guys.

#551 reply to 513

1 You are conflating "white" with "White Nationalists". THe is you dishonestly smearing hundreds of millions of good people. You are being a wace baiting asshole.

You are confused or it is a diversion.
The Christian nationalists I refer to are mostly white evangelical Protestant Christians and some Catholic conservatives who self identify also as Christian nationalists.

Religious nationalism is the relationship of nationalism to a particular religious belief, dogma, or affiliation. This relationship can be broken down into two aspects: the politicization of religion and the influence of religion on politics.[1]​
In the former aspect, a shared religion can be seen to contribute to a sense of national unity, a common bond among the citizens of the nation. Another political aspect of religion is the support of a national identity, similar to a shared ethnicity, language, or culture. The influence of religion on politics is more ideological, where current interpretations of religious ideas inspire political activism and action; for example, laws are passed to foster stricter religious adherence.[2]​

Ideologically-driven religious nationalism may not necessarily be targeted against other religions per se, but can be articulated in response to modernity and, in particular, secular nationalism. Indeed, religious nationalism may articulate itself as the binary of secular nationalism. Nation-states whose boundaries and borders are relatively recent or that have experienced colonialism may be more prone to religious nationalism, which may stand as a more authentic or "traditional" rendering of identity. Thus, there was a global rise of religious nationalism in the wake of the end of the cold war, but also as postcolonial politics (facing considerable developmental challenges, but also dealing with the reality of colonially-defined, and therefore somewhat artificial, borders) became challenged. In such a scenario, appealing to a national sense of Islamic identity, as in the cases of Pakistan and Indonesia, may serve to override regional tensions.​

The danger is that when the state derives political legitimacy from adherence to religious doctrines, this may leave an opening to overtly religious elements, institutions, and leaders, making the appeals to religion more 'authentic' by bringing more explicitly theological interpretations to political life. Thus, appeals to religion as a marker of ethnicity creates an opening for more strident and ideological interpretations of religious nationalism.​

Many ethnic and cultural nationalisms include religious aspects, but as a marker of group identity, rather than the intrinsic motivation for nationalist claims.​

Where’s the smear and race-baiting?

When you are sloppy about your words and thus conflating white people who are American Nationalists with White Nationalist, a very different and fringe group.

I explained that multiple times already. You are now just stonewalling asking the same already answered questions, over and over again, in a dishonest attempt to avoid admitting that you have lost the debate,

AND to avoid any discussion of your motives for your dishonest behavior.

Do you think that it is a good thing for Christians in this country to celebrate our nations Christian heritage and culture(s)?

#548 reply to #513

You're giving a whole new meaning to 'slow learner.'

America was not founded to be a Christian only nation.
It was never meant to be a theocracy.

But it was founded by orthodox Christians, based on the Judeo-Christian Bible....which was the single most quoted document by the Founders, and points to Jesus Christ in the text of the Constitution. Segments of our founding documents come directly from the Bible.

That religion and that book were always seen as the guidance that would form the basis of our morality.

It is the neo-Marxist influence of government school that has corrupted your view and deprived you of the truth. I doubt you will ever recover from said intellectual abuse.

And, of course, it is true.

He's stonewalling now. He knows he has lost the debate, so he is just stonewalling in the hopes of creating an illusion of a questionable doubt in some readers, so that later on some day, if he or some other libs gets to them when we are not around, he or that lib can successfully lie to them, and bring them over to their side.

Even though his actions reveal that he knows his side is the wrong side, or the bad guys.

....or, it may be a psycho-neurological problem.

2. I generalized that as a group, they were Christian.

Then you are lying when you say that America was founded as a Christian Nation when you know that the truth is America was generally founded as a Christian Nation.

Complete your statements if you dont
Want to be a liar.

Is belief In original sin and salvation through belief that Jesus Christ will erase your sins if you believe he will a fundamental doctrine of Christian Religion.

and that original sin applies to every human being ever born on the earth since Adam and Eve?

2. I generalized that as a group, they were Christian.

Then you are lying when you say that America was founded as a Christian Nation when you know that the truth is America was generally founded as a Christian Nation.

Complete your statements if you dont
Want to be a liar.

ANd now you change the debate to one of semantics, knowing that this will lose most readers, so most people will wander off at this point, and very few will stick around to see that you are just blowing smoke at this point.

Do you think that it is a valid issue for American Christians to want to maintain our Christian Heritage and Traditions?

What about if that means taking a stand against non-Christian immigration?

Yes indeed celebrate that in the public square to your Christian heart’s content. It’s un-American though and they should be called out on it.

What about if that means taking a stand against non-Christian immigration?

Yes indeed celebrate that in the public square to your Christian heart’s content. It’s un-American though and they should be called out on it.

Wow. So much for it being a valid issue. Guess it is only valid, as long as it is just empty words and the moment it clashes with something YOU want, they are "un-American".

What do you think of liberals that claim that American does not even have a culture? What is that about?

ANd now you change the debate to one of semantics,
The liars best took. Semantics.
When Christians do not agree among Christians that it is historical FACT America was founded as a Christian and your side does not mean to say that - you should be much more precise in how you say it.

ANd now you change the debate to one of semantics,
The liars best took. Semantics.
When Christians do not agree among Christians that it is historical FACT America was founded as a Christian and your side does not mean to say that - you should be much more precise in how you say it.

Blah, blah, blah, we are past that. You lost that debate and you admitted it when you changed the subject to silly tactical word games.

Did it bother you when the Mayor of New Orleans said that New Orleans "will remain a Chocolate City", meaning mostly black?

What do you think of liberals that claim that American does not even have a culture? What is that about?

They are more stupid and dishonest than white Christian evangelicals who say America was founded as a Christian Nation.

Did it bother you when the Mayor of New Orleans said that New Orleans "will remain a Chocolate City", meaning mostly black?

Never heard it until now? I think it’s a stupid thing to say but it has nothing to do with the absence of reference to Christianity in the US Constitution.

Wow. So much for it being a valid issue.

BULLSHIT, idiot. It’s a valid issue - celebrate it all you wish. What a crybaby you are. In my opinion it is un-American.

Nothing un-American about wanting to keep the America you grew up in.

Just a few posts ago, you were saying that wanting to maintain and celebrate that heritage was a good thing.

But, now that that interest might conflict with something you want, now it is NOT a good thing.

You are an anti-Christian bigot.

They are more stupid and dishonest than white Christian evangelicals who say America was founded as a Christian Nation.

But they are doing the same thing you are, working to undermine and marginalize anyone that gives a damn about celebrating and/or maintaining America's traditions and heritage.

You are just being slightly more subtle about your anti-Christian actions.

Never heard it until now? I think it’s a stupid thing to say but it has nothing to do with the absence of reference to Christianity in the US Constitution.

I think it was fine. He liked the New Orleans he has before and wanted to keep it that way it was.

No other libs had a problem with it when he said it.

If you like or love or are proud of something as it has been, wanting to keep it that way, is a valid position.

That is what this is about. YOu wanting to undermine the idea of America having a valid heritage and/or cultures, to celebrate and maintain, if the face of relentless change.

Change that empowers YOUR SIDE AND YOUR AGENDA.

All your stated excuses are bullshit justifications. Which is why they feel apart so quickly when we seriously challenged them.

Forum List

Back