CDZ EV question

They already do. And it's not sufficient to keep the battery at 100%
Point being ? And riddle me this then, if a vehicle already does what I'm saying or inferring, then why all the charging stations at a cost of million's if not billion's of tax payers money to go electric vehicle ??? Sounds like the technology isn't complete, otherwise if our government is being propositioned to go green at taxpayers expense, and then the technology isn't even completed ???

Point being ? And riddle me this then, if a vehicle already does what I'm saying or inferring, then why all the charging stations at a cost of million's if not billion's of tax payers money to go electric vehicle ??? Sounds like the technology isn't complete, otherwise if our government is being propositioned to go green at taxpayers expense, and then the technology isn't even completed ???
Because regenerative charging will not charge a battery to 100%. Over time, the battery will completely deplete. No such thing as perpetual motion.

Because regenerative charging will not charge a battery to 100%. Over time, the battery will completely deplete. No such thing as perpetual motion.
Absolutely! The expensive higher end L-I batteries like what Telsa sells in their $60K vehicles will be about 80% efficient after seven years. The cheaper batteries significantly less than that.

L-I technology is shitty. These Moon Bats are simply too dumb to understand it.

I want to ask this, and please give the best answer you all can bring within your abilities to think inside or outside the box.

Question - Why can't an EV be self charging if it only needs one drive wheel turning for the power, and yet there are three other wheels turning, where as couldn't at least one of them be hooked up to a charging mechanism in order to automatically charge the batteries ??? Even if the power is switched to the spare set while the mains recharge in a loop that is constantly managed and monitored by the on board computer, would it work ?????

This has got to be possible now, but is it being withheld due to the sudden and devastating impact it might have on the volume of oil used, and the job's committed to the fossil fuel industry that involve the transportation category ?????

The wheel with the generator on it would provide a good bit of resistance. That means the drive wheel would use more electricity to move the vehicles. Tesla does have something called regenerative braking, which turns the kinetic energy back into electricity, which is then stored. It slows the vehicle though. So there is no net gain in power.

Bull crap, so charging stations will solve this dilemma instead ?? ROTFLMBO.... It's the same bull crap, the batteries need charged, and in the idea I have is that the on board charging system will bring the second set of batteries up to full charge before the primary is worked down below the adequate levels to continue. Then with the push of a button the batteries are switched where the process begins all over again, but the fully charged system is ready to continue. We aren't talking perpetual motion, because the batteries have to be recharged, and then a switching process is completed from one set to another while the vehicle prepares to travel onward after switching is complete.

The wheel with the generator on it would provide a good bit of resistance. That means the drive wheel would use more electricity to move the vehicles. Tesla does have something called regenerative braking, which turns the kinetic energy back into electricity, which is then stored. It slows the vehicle though. So there is no net gain in power.
A gear reduction system can work to convert drag into less drag thus gaining on the charge side without reduction in power during motion. We have to imagine the concept having enough power and primary battery life to run the system's in unison.

Why do you think that a charging system can't or won't charge the batteries to 100% ?

Otherwise if a charging system is designed or engineered correctly to do just that ??? Each revolution of a wheel spin can be converted through gear reduction all over the spectrum (i.e. big gear on drive wheel(?) being converted by revolutions to smaller gear on the charging alternator for a faster spin(?), and this would be in order to drive a charging system that would be sufficient without lugging the power side down or get it out of balance Correct ???

Most EV's have regenerative braking which uses the motion of the car when the motor is not engaged to put some charge back into the batteries. Obviously you can't even get back to net zero (Second Law) but you can sometimes see the charge going up as you travel along.

We drove up a nearby mountain last year and going down was mostly just coasting so I was able to regain a small fraction of the energy I had expended getting up to the top. It was fun to see my "fuel" increasing on the way down.

The First Law of Thermodynamics.

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch."
I think he is referring to the alternator that exists on ICE cars that charge the battery. Why isn't that something that can be done on the EV vehicle?

Why do you think that a charging system can't or won't charge the batteries to 100% ?

Otherwise if a charging system is designed or engineered correctly to do just that ??? Each revolution of a wheel spin can be converted through gear reduction all over the spectrum (i.e. big gear on drive wheel(?) being converted by revolutions to smaller gear on the charging alternator for a faster spin(?), and this would be in order to drive a charging system that would be sufficient without lugging the power side down or get it out of balance Correct ???
does it really need to be 100%? I don't think that would be possible, but charging a battery with an alternator is already done.

does it really need to be 100%? I don't think that would be possible, but charging a battery with an alternator is already done.
I'm thinking that there is push back because it can be done, but maybe we have forces protecting their interest ??

I'm thinking that there is push back because it can be done, but maybe we have forces protecting their interest ??
that force has always existed. The fact is, the hybrid cars actually can travel upwards towards 600 miles a tankful. That's a combined gas and EV solution. Most likely my next car. BTW, your concept is built into that, using the gas power to charge the battery to add distance to the travel.

I think he is referring to the alternator that exists on ICE cars that charge the battery. Why isn't that something that can be done on the EV vehicle?
Something needs to supply power to turn the alternator. In an ICE engine, it's the engine's wasted energy. In an EV, it has to come from the batteries you are trying to charge.

I want to ask this, and please give the best answer you all can bring within your abilities to think inside or outside the box.

Question - Why can't an EV be self charging if it only needs one drive wheel turning for the power, and yet there are three other wheels turning, where as couldn't at least one of them be hooked up to a charging mechanism in order to automatically charge the batteries ??? Even if the power is switched to the spare set while the mains recharge in a loop that is constantly managed and monitored by the on board computer, would it work ?????

This has got to be possible now, but is it being withheld due to the sudden and devastating impact it might have on the volume of oil used, and the job's committed to the fossil fuel industry that involve the transportation category ?????
EVs use regenerative braking to do exactly what you're alluding to, but the tech's efficiency is still in it's first stages of evolution. EVs using hydrogen fuel cells seems to me to be a better bet.

that force has always existed. The fact is, the hybrid cars actually can travel upwards towards 600 miles a tankful. That's a combined gas and EV solution. Most likely my next car. BTW, your concept is built into that, using the gas power to charge the battery to add distance to the travel.
Then why is there this unrealistic push or idea about us going total electric on the vehicles, otherwise if we are to say that we have already solved the issue with Hybrid's or have we ??? These hybrid's can be critiqued and made better, and better, and better until we reach a level that is exceptible for all in the real world ???

Then why is there this unrealistic push or idea about us going total electric on the vehicles, otherwise if we are to say that we have already solved the issue with Hybrid's or have we ??? These hybrid's can be critiqued and made better, and better, and better until we reach a level that is exceptible for all in the real world ???
I actually that the future of hybrids is more in line with the Chevy Volt than the Prius. The drive train is all electric and the small ICE engine only spins the generator to charge the battery. much less moving parts.

Something needs to supply power to turn the alternator. In an ICE engine, it's the engine's wasted energy. In an EV, it has to come from the batteries you are trying to charge.
well if you actually read the OP, he was suggesting using three of the other four wheels as the power to support the alternator.

I completely agree with you. I was merely pointing out that your idea has been initiated in ICE EV hybrids. Making those better by all means let's do it. Create another car type by all means let's use it. In no way was I closing any door on any advancement in the technology.

well if you actually read the OP, he was suggesting using three of the other four wheels as the power to support the alternator.
Once again, no such thing as perpetual motion. Leave aside whether it's advisable to propel the car using a single wheel, Those other wheels are hooked up to an alternator like device. Spinning the alternator takes energy, it introduces additional friction on those wheels. nobody is saying it can't be done. Every EV out there uses that principle to put some energy back in the system when braking or coasting. what we are arguing is that the amount of energy is nowhere near sufficient to keep the battery charged.

Once again, no such thing as perpetual motion. Leave aside whether it's advisable to propel the car using a single wheel, Those other wheels are hooked up to an alternator like device. Spinning the alternator takes energy, it introduces additional friction on those wheels. nobody is saying it can't be done. Every EV out there uses that principle to put some energy back in the system when braking or coasting. what we are arguing is that the amount of energy is nowhere near sufficient to keep the battery charged.
Why does the battery in an ICE vehicle keep a charge?

Forum List

Back