Europe is right, we aren't worthy

That’s just their proximity to Russia. It’s not like the entire continent is begging the US.

Yep. They don't want us there. We need to get out since we're not welcome
Stop lying to yourself - you're there to cradle your own arse in safety.

I want to leave to cradle my arse in safety. What an idiot

No way we are abandoning European bases. That's crazy talk. I don't follow Trump, is this something he tweeted?

No way we are abandoning European bases. That's crazy talk. I don't follow Trump, is this something he tweeted?
No. He says this to their faces and then says mean thing about those people in twitter.
The discussion about European bases is framed wrong. We use them for projecting our power. No way do we abandon them.

Let's bring our troops home and let them defend themselves. We just aren't good enough to defend them for free, or close to it.

Mea Culpa, Europe, we're sorry! Let's leave

For those from Europe (and even Canada, Australia and New Zeland) PLEASE realize the majority of American's did not vote for Trump, do not support him and abhor his behavior.

The Washington Post Opinion today is telling, and expresses what most Americans have learned, and are learning: He is mendacious, as well as inept, incompetent, and a bully.

Those Americans who respond positively to this thread are outliers, disaffected and hold a callous disregard for our poor, our ethnic minorities and Europeans. They are iconoclasts on many issues, some which our nation was built upon and traditions long established.

Today's opinion piece in the Washington Post (7/1//2018) is instructive and describes Trump and Trumism with naked truth.

Opinion | Believe it or not, Trump just told the truth

Please bear with us, our nightmare will end in Jan. 2021 and many of us hope much sooner.

I’ve been saying this for years and watch how fast their welfare states go up in smoke when they actually have to start paying for defense

I'd like to hear how the U.S.A spending 48% of the World's military budget is necessary, exactly?

It seems more like the U.S.A is trying to take over the World, rather than defend it's self.

Let's bring our troops home and let them defend themselves. We just aren't good enough to defend them for free, or close to it.

Europe wouldn’t give two shits if we emptied out our bases there.
The last time we were going to shut some bases in Europe Germany came unglued because the money lost from the rents and business they would loose when the dependent returned to the US. Millions of dollars lost to their people who rent off base housing alone

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
US Taxpayers rebuilt Europe after the War. Europe owes its current incredible prosperity to them. It's time to give US Taxpayers a break. The EU is made up of very wealthy powerful nations. Europe can defend itself at this point. They should graciously thank Americans, and then agree to disband NATO. The US's rebuilding of Europe is done. Mission accomplished. Time to bring all that NATO cash home.

Ever hear of Ramstein Medical in Germany? A state of the art trauma department within a great hospital complex that is maintained by the United States Army? It's the first place wounded troops from battlefields in Afghanistan and the Middle East are evacuated to. Victims of terrorist bombings, victims of terrorist attacks are treated there. When the hostages in Iran were freed, they too were taken to Ramstein. There are U.S. Army bases in the surrounding countryside that supply Ramstein and other U.S. Army hospital and medical facilities.

There are currently 30,000 u.S. Army personnel stationed in Germany. Should they, the people who are serving us and our medical facilities be brought home out of a fit of Trumpian pique? Isn't it prudent to stop and think before issuing a tweet because The Donald failed to read all his briefing memos on the situation?

Knee jerk reactions are never as wise as actions well thought out.
It could be moved to a more friendly country, and it would not be the first time we did something like that.

I’ve been saying this for years and watch how fast their welfare states go up in smoke when they actually have to start paying for defense

I'd like to hear how the U.S.A spending 48% of the World's military budget is necessary, exactly?

It seems more like the U.S.A is trying to take over the World, rather than defend it's self.
Well that is special that WE have the ability to spend other counties military budget money well that does not sound right.

Leftists keep saying europe doesn't want us there. I'm a libertarian, I don't wand to be there. Let's leave

Leftists keep saying europe doesn't want us there. I'm a libertarian, I don't wand to be there. Let's leave
I'm agreed but you will never convince the country's rulers.

What we really need first is an honest conversation about our role in the world but even that can't be tolerated.

Yeah great idea, until the Douche Bags in Europe decide to foment another World War, the United States isn't there just to protect the Europeans from the Russians anymore, we're also there to protect them from themselves and the U.S. gets the added benefits of being able to use its military presence in Europe to project power into areas like the Middle East and protect U.S. economic interests throughout the region.

The Europeans have demonstrated that they're incapable of playing nice with each other, which would normally be fine except for the fact that they've shown a propensity to drag everybody else into their armed squabbles, having a U.S. presence makes everybody think twice before pointing guns at one another.

For those from Europe (and even Canada, Australia and New Zeland) PLEASE realize the majority of American's did not vote for Trump, do not support him and abhor his behavior.

The Washington Post Opinion today is telling, and expresses what most Americans have learned, and are learning: He is mendacious, as well as inept, incompetent, and a bully.

Those Americans who respond positively to this thread are outliers, disaffected and hold a callous disregard for our poor, our ethnic minorities and Europeans. They are iconoclasts on many issues, some which our nation was built upon and traditions long established.

Today's opinion piece in the Washington Post (7/1//2018) is instructive and describes Trump and Trumism with naked truth.

Opinion | Believe it or not, Trump just told the truth

Please bear with us, our nightmare will end in Jan. 2021 and many of us hope much sooner.
Leftists keep saying europe doesnt want us there. Youre saying they are full of shit?

I'm agreed but you will never convince the country's rulers.

What we really need first is an honest conversation about our role in the world but even that can't be tolerated.
By "conversation," leftists mean shut up and listen

Ever hear of Ramstein Medical in Germany? A state of the art trauma department within a great hospital complex that is maintained by the United States Army? It's the first place wounded troops from battlefields in Afghanistan and the Middle East are evacuated to. Victims of terrorist bombings, victims of terrorist attacks are treated there. When the hostages in Iran were freed, they too were taken to Ramstein. There are U.S. Army bases in the surrounding countryside that supply Ramstein and other U.S. Army hospital and medical facilities.

There are currently 30,000 u.S. Army personnel stationed in Germany. Should they, the people who are serving us and our medical facilities be brought home out of a fit of Trumpian pique? Isn't it prudent to stop and think before issuing a tweet because The Donald failed to read all his briefing memos on the situation?

Knee jerk reactions are never as wise as actions well thought out.
Knee jerk?

This board has been calling for this since I joined. Usually from both sides too. But now that Trump is at the helm you pussies are changing your tune.

Biggest group of spineless hypocrites I've ever encountered.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Europe wouldn’t give two shits if we emptied out our bases there.

Are you that stupid? Are you that ill-informed? Or are you just saying any stupid thing to make the US look bad?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back