Escaping Christianity

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.

Given the circumstances, resign now. If you don't know your Father, you can't teach others about someone you don't even know.
BTW, what God did for you specifically was to die in your place, covered in your sin, thereby securing a seat for you and your family at His table for eternity. What more do you require?

I was teaching the Bible. I wasn't making up shit that I felt in my heart and called it God. There are over 8 billion gods in the world today. The one in the Bible is more relevant than the made up god that each person has created individually. That god is impossible to define. I was teaching about the God in the Bible.

I was raised in church, married a Christian, raised my kids in church and currently teach Bible at a Christian school. At the end of this school year (May 2020) I plan to resign as a teacher and stop attending church for one full year. At the end of that year I plan to have my name removed from the church role and afterwards make my atheism public. I love the philosphy, ethics and the culture surrounding Christianity. I just can't live a lie any more. It just can't be healthy. This invisible and silent God dude offers me nothing. I love the Bible and learn a lot from it but the God dude in that book either doesn't exist or has no interest in me. Church attendance is more burdensome than it used to be. I learn more from the Bible studying independently. Kindergarten might be fun for a 6 year old but is painfully boring to a 40 year old.

Any questions? I have lots more to say but I already feel like the post was too long.
Consider yourself graduating from school and learning the real practice of Christian faith in real life. That's the real deal.
You never lose your faith, it stays with you but you take on bigger challenges of bringing it into new levels where you work independently.

It's not a lie, but it is the basic platform to start with. The rest is up to us, we the people, to practice what we preach in real life and relations to realize the Kingdom of God all around us. Not just talking about it as ideals in the future, but living it in the present where we make it real in the here and now.

This isn't the end, but just the beginning.
May life richly bless you with all the support and help from friends and family you need to be successful in all the goals and purpose and plans your life will lead.

Take care, best wishes and keep going and growing in this positive and bigger direction!

Yours truly, Emily
My path changed in 1990 and has expanded since then so I share faith that any path you are on will lead you to your highest purpose. It may branch out but all paths are needed and everyone has theirs. It all works out.

I even knew an Atheist who had taught the Bible as a Baptist minister, but gave it up and decided he didn't believe in that path or approach. He taught forgiveness and free grace in life as an Atheist, that we just serve and help each other. And make the most of each day and the time and relations we have by forgiving the past and starting fresh so we don't drive ourselves crazy. Free grace in life. Without getting religious about God, Jesus or the Bible. Just forgive and help one another for humanity sake.

Last edited:

Consider yourself graduating from school and learning the real practice of Christian faith in real life. That's the real deal.
You never lose your faith, it stays with you but you take on bigger challenges of bringing it into new levels where you work independently.

It's not a lie, but it is the basic platform to start with. The rest is up to us, we the people, to practice what we preach in real life and relations to realize the Kingdom of God all around us. Not just talking about it as ideals in the future, but living it in the present where we make it real in the here and now.

This isn't the end, but just the beginning.
May life richly bless you with all the support and help from friends and family you need to be successful in all the goals and purpose and plans your life will lead.

Take care, best wishes and keep going and growing in this positive and bigger direction!

Yours truly, Emily
My path changed in 1990 and has expanded since then so I share faith that any path you are on will lead you to your highest purpose. It may branch out but all paths are needed and everyone has theirs. It all works out.

I even knew an Atheist who had taught the Bible as a Baptist minister, but gave it up and decided he didn't believe in that path or approach. He taught forgiveness and free grace in life as an Atheist, that we just serve and help each other. And make the most of each day and the time and relations we have by forgiving the past and starting fresh so we don't drive ourselves crazy. Free grace in life. Without getting religious about God, Jesus or the Bible. Just forgive and help one another for humanity sake.

Yes. I am inspired by the concept that God gives everyone a measure of faith. Maybe I was given lesser amount so that I could serve a specific purpose that someone with great faith could never accomplish. I am also inspired by the blind man that says, "Who this man is I cannot say but what i do know is tbat i was blind but now i see." In my life i do not know who Jesus is. He may be a fable, just a man, or he may be the son of God. What I do know is that my life is richer when I focus on Christ.

You sound like someone who has read. "Stages of Faith" by James W. Fowler

You show stunning immaturity for a 40 year old man with children. Really? Since you hesitate to answer, I"m going to guess you have ZERO experience with real, physical, unremitting pain, or illness, or disease. Well, I do. It beats you down. You learn a lot too, about grace and faith.

So don't be so arrogant. "Retarded". Really? God forbid you have to live like that--or your children.

We have visible doctors where I live. They actually help people. A large percentage of those visible doctors are atheists too. God doesn't cure anybody. He never has. Be honest. You know this.
Do you think those doctors arent using their God given talent to make people better?

Nope. It takes 8+ years to become a doctor. They earn these skills Don't discredit the medical profession. They deserve praise and recognition. Your God deserves jack squat until He actually does something. Anything. Anything. Honestly. Anything.

Thank you. I'm going to be praying to God, who does listen and answer, that if He wills, this attitude you have toward Him WILL be revealed. I could be wrong, but I don't think He wants someone like you teaching children about Him, so I lay good odds on that prayer being heard.

God can do whatever He wants. He doesn't need you to boss Him around. Do you really feel like God owes you something?

Dear Father,

Please remove this man from his position in front of Your precious children, if it be Your will. I pray that you will protect his family and his heart in the meantime. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Did you know your prayer was answered on March 5, 2020?

No. I am not sure about about any of the hell stuff.
On the chance there is a hell obviously you don’t want to end up there.

Some say there is only one unforgivable sin.

In the Christian Scriptures, there are three verses that take up the subject of unforgivable sin. In the Book of Matthew (12: 31-32), we read, "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

The same idea that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable is found in Luke 12:10 and Mark 3:29.

What constitutes such blasphemy is not so clear, but generally the idea is that rejecting God and God's good news for salvation is the most radical and thorough rejection a person can make, and thus it separates the blasphemer most profoundly from the community of faith. This is not so much a punishment for the sinner as it is a fact about the sinner's willful rejection of God's grace.

In the Christian Scriptures, there are three verses that take up the subject of unforgivable sin. In the Book of Matthew (12: 31-32), we read, "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

The same idea that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable is found in Luke 12:10 and Mark 3:29.

What constitutes such blasphemy is not so clear, but generally the idea is that rejecting God and God's good news for salvation is the most radical and thorough rejection a person can make, and thus it separates the blasphemer most profoundly from the community of faith. This is not so much a punishment for the sinner as it is a fact about the sinner's willful rejection of God's grace.

God hasn’t told me anything about this hell place. I have never even heard second information about hell. Would you mind being a little less dishonest? It would be appreciated.

You show stunning immaturity for a 40 year old man with children. Really? Since you hesitate to answer, I"m going to guess you have ZERO experience with real, physical, unremitting pain, or illness, or disease. Well, I do. It beats you down. You learn a lot too, about grace and faith.

So don't be so arrogant. "Retarded". Really? God forbid you have to live like that--or your children.

We have visible doctors where I live. They actually help people. A large percentage of those visible doctors are atheists too. God doesn't cure anybody. He never has. Be honest. You know this.
Do you think those doctors arent using their God given talent to make people better?

Nope. It takes 8+ years to become a doctor. They earn these skills Don't discredit the medical profession. They deserve praise and recognition. Your God deserves jack squat until He actually does something. Anything. Anything. Honestly. Anything.

Thank you. I'm going to be praying to God, who does listen and answer, that if He wills, this attitude you have toward Him WILL be revealed. I could be wrong, but I don't think He wants someone like you teaching children about Him, so I lay good odds on that prayer being heard.

God can do whatever He wants. He doesn't need you to boss Him around. Do you really feel like God owes you something?

Dear Father,

Please remove this man from his position in front of Your precious children, if it be Your will. I pray that you will protect his family and his heart in the meantime. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Did you know your prayer was answered on March 5, 2020?

God is faithful, amen.

I hope you are well

Dear Batcat cc vasuderatorrent
The way I understand what makes blasphemies against the Holy Spirit "unforgiveable in this world or the next" is these involve the sin of Unforgiveness.

The Bible clearly instructs if we forgive others, God forgives us. But where we fail to forgive (and refuse to ask God's help with forgiveness which is always granted by asking), God does not forgive us.

The blasphemies about denying God or Jesus are still the forgiveable type mentioned in the passages PROVIDED this is done with forgiveness.

What makes it impossible for God to forgive and help correct is if we REFUSE forgiveness.

This sin of unforgiveness prevents God's grace truth and will from entering our minds hearts relations and lives. It shuts God out because God respects our free will to consciously choose to receive and trust in God's will.

No one, not even God, can force someone to forgive against our will. We either have to agree for it to work, or actively seek God's help to forgive where our will or ability falls short.

vasuderatorrent How this applies to you, as long as you choose a more secular approach rather than religious out of forgiveness and acceptance of differences, this doesn't cause harm or obstructions. However if you are rejecting things "due to unforgiveness" those problems you are not resolving will merely follow you into your chosen path or approach. Eventually any issues still have to be forgiven and resolved for any path to work. Changing paths or approaches is natural as we find the best way that works for us. But solving conflicts or differences still requires forgiveness, so that is why Christians teach that when we as human beings fail and will stay with our personal biases, it takes faith in God's higher love and truth to overcome our individual faults and biased conditions so we can be fair in treating others equally as ourselves. Christianity teaches that only Christ Jesus is that perfect, and by committing to let that Perfect Justice and Love lead the way, then we can overcome our own self interests and work with others as equal neighbors in that context.

You are just choosing to approach this secularly without religious conditions or rituals attached. But the same spiritual process of peace and justice still involves everyone as an equal and unique contributor to humanity.

The language does not matter as much as the common love of truth peace and justice for all humanity. As long as we receive each other in that spirit, it is the same spiritual process symbolized in the Bible.

Last edited:
God hasn’t told me anything about this hell place. I have never even heard second information about hell. Would you mind being a little less dishonest? It would be appreciated.
If you read carefully I didn’t say hell exists. I stated …

I have read arguments for and against hell. I personally have no idea but if there is a hell I would prefer not to spend eternity there.

God doesn’t talk to me and if I start hearing voices in my head I will seek professional help. If he talks to you, you must be special or perhaps you should seek professional help.

I personally do believe in the Trinity. I feel my prayers have been answered (not all but a good percentage). I went through a rough period in my life and I needed a crutch. I feel my faith and prayer helped me through.

I should be a church going Christian but I wasn’t raised as one. Most of the churches I have attended seemed to avoid talking about touchy issues in fear that the congregation might be irritated and not donate as much money.

The way I understand what makes blasphemies against the Holy Spirit "unforgiveable in this world or the next" is these involve the sin of Unforgiveness.

The Bible clearly instructs if we forgive others, God forgives us. But where we fail to forgive (ie asking God's help with forgiveness, God does not forgive us).

The blasphemies about denying God or Jesus are still the forgiveable type mentioned in the passages PROVIDED this is done with forgiveness.

What makes it impossible for God to forgive and help correct is if we REFUSE forgiveness.

This sin of unforgiveness prevents God's grace truth and will from entering our minds hearts relations and lives. It shuts God out because God respects our free will to consciously choose to receive and trust in God's will.

No one, not even God, can force someone to forgive against our will. We either have to agree for it to work, or actively seek God'@
Aren't there requirements for forgiveness? Can a person expect to be forgiven if he doesn't acknowledge the reason he needs forgiveness, or attempt to make ammends? What about if he continues to do what ever it was, should he expect forgiveness anyway?

The Bible clearly instructs if we forgive others, God forgives us. But where we fail to forgive (ie asking God's help with forgiveness, God does not forgive us).

No one, not even God, can force someone to forgive against our will. We either have to agree for it to work, or actively seek God@
Aren't there requirements for forgiveness? Can a person expect to be forgiven if he doesn't acknowledge the reason he needs forgiveness, or attempt to make ammends? What about if he continues to do what ever it was, should he expect forgiveness anyway?

Yes the whole point is we have to agree to forgive in order to receive the same.

BULLDOG in that process of agreeing to forgive, all the other steps and conditions it takes are also involved.

That is why it takes such a struggle to accept and achieve. Especially if multiple wrongs or a whole history is involved.

This is so embattling and oppressive, that is why when you see people jumping for joy, crying or shouting and acting crazy for the Lord, some of the ones most lost in anger abuse or addiction who finally find spiritual freedom by forgiveness and no longer carrying all that baggage can be so grateful to be free, they go to extremes of expressing themselves without judgment. The people who beat themselves up the worst, or projected that onto others, can either be so glad and freed, knowing they are forgiven, that they can either become extremely humbled and not impose on others. Or they can become the very evangelical charismatic types that go out of their way to share and try to free more people, without worrying how crazy it may sound.

I have seen people react both ways when they first find liberation in the truth.

Forgiveness opens the door.
And yes, any issues or baggage tied to the problems or patterns also require the same process of forgiving and working out the details for resolution.

Lots of steps involved to resolve, correct and heal all the issues people carry and bring into our relationships.

I cannot predict or dictate what order people see for the steps. I can just support whatever steps or stages work for each person, and help walk each other through the process. It is like the 12 step recovery or the 5 stages of grief. The forgiveness process can be described in different ways, from 7 steps to 17. Each person has their own path and process. If we help each other move forward, instead of fight or criticize, it makes it easier to deal with the growing pains. In severe cases, it can be as painful as rebreaking a bone to reset it so it can heal properly. Broken hearts heal crooked all the time, or missing pieces, and it can be the hardest thing in the world to rebreak hearts before they can heal correctly. But after that, they won't break anymore. So it is worth the struggle. Just takes a leap of faith in forgiveness and the process will take us to a better place than where we were before, stuck in the past refusing to forgive. Anything is better than that!

No one, not even God, can force someone to forgive against our will. We either have to agree for it to work, or actively seek God@

Yes the whole point is we have to agree to forgive in order to receive the same.

BULLDOG in that process of agreeing to forgive, all the other steps and conditions it takes are also involved.

That is why it takes such a struggle to accept and achieve. Especially if multiple wrongs or a whole history is involved.

This is so embattling and oppressive, that is why when you see people jumping for joy, crying or shouting and acting crazy for the Lord, some of the ones most lost in anger abuse or addiction who finally find spiritual freedom by forgiveness and no longer carrying all that baggage can be so grateful to be free, they go to extremes of expressing themselves without judgment. The people who beat themselves up the worst, or projected that onto others, can either be so glad and freed, knowing they are forgiven, that they can either become extremely humbled and not impose on others. Or they can become the very evangelical charismatic types that go out of their way to share and try to free more people, without worrying how crazy it may sound.

I have seen people react both ways when they first find liberation in the truth.

And yes, any issues or baggage tied to the problems or patterns also require the same process of forgiving and working out the details for resolution.

Lots of steps involved to resolve, correct and heal all the issues people carry and bring into our relationships.

I cannot predict or dictate what order people see for the steps. I can just support whatever steps or stages work for each person, and help walk each other through the process. It is like the 12 step recovery or the 5 stages of grief. The forgiveness process can be described in different ways, from 7 steps to 17. Each person has their own path and process. If we help each other move forward, instead of fight or criticize, it makes it easier to deal with the growing pains. In severe cases, it can be as painful as rebreaking a bone to reset it so it can heal properly. Broken hearts heal crooked all the time, or missing pieces, and it can be the hardest thing in the world to rebreak hearts before they can heal correctly. But after that, they won't break anymore. So it is worth the struggle. Just takes a leap of faith in forgiveness and the process will take us to a better place than where we were before, stuck in the past refusing to forgive. Anything is better than that!
You said the SIN of unforgiveness is the unforgiveable sin. That would mean you have no choice to forgive anybody for anything. Doesn't that flip the whole concept of asking for forgiveness on it's head? "You don't have to forgive me, but you will burn in hell if you don't" doesn't sound very penetant.

You said the SIN of unforgiveness is the unforgiveable sin. That would mean you have no choice to forgive anybody for anything. Doesn't that flip the whole concept of asking for forgiveness on it's head? "You don't have to forgive me, but you will burn in hell if you don't" doesn't sound very penetant.
Dear BULLDOG
I think you are mixing forgiveness between people, which involves physical debts and damages to other people, and forgiveness from God which is purely spiritual.

I am talking about the spiritual level.
Unforgiveness injures the person harboring it.
It causes stress, resentment and other negative impact on the mental energy, health, relations and ability to function.

This has nothing to do with any threat or force from other people. It is natural health and science that forgiveness is better for mental health and faster recovery from setbacks.

As for any person "trying to force you to forgive them" -- No. That isn't how it works. Again if people want to be forgiven, they have to forgive. Those who fully forgive and heal take responsibility for their actions and making peace with others.

Forgiveness for wrongs man does to other neighbors is different because this isn't just on a spiritual level between us and God. Forgiveness is still involved in correcting wrongs between neighbors, but that does not replace or cancel the need for physical reparations owed for debts or damages.

The "hell" that is self induced is repeating the same abusive patterns in an endless cycle of retribution and resentment until that cycle is broken by forgiveness and correction.

That happens by natural laws where people refuse to forgive each other and keep fighting to control or force the other their way.

The scenario you cite already involves the factor of refusing to forgive. So that is why that fails and perpetuates suffering.

The person doing the wrong has to forgive in order not to keep imposing such threats against another person.
Or it will go in circles, and yes that causes hell on any number of levels.

The Bible clearly instructs if we forgive others, God forgives us. But where we fail to forgive (and refuse to ask God's help with forgiveness which is always granted by asking), God does not forgive us.

No one, not even God, can force someone to forgive against our will. We either have to agree for it to work, or actively seek God's help to forgive where our will or ability falls short.

vasuderatorrent How this applies to you, as long as you choose a more secular approach rather than religious out of forgiveness and acceptance of differences, this doesn't cause harm or obstructions. However if you are rejecting things "due to unforgiveness" those problems you are not resolving will merely follow you into your chosen path or approach. Eventually any issues still have to be forgiven and resolved for any path to work. Changing paths or approaches is natural as we find the best way that works for us. But solving conflicts or differences still requires forgiveness, so that is why Christians teach that when we as human beings fail and will stay with our personal biases, it takes faith in God's higher love and truth to overcome our individual faults and biased conditions so we can be fair in treating others equally as ourselves. Christianity teaches that only Christ Jesus is that perfect, and by committing to let that Perfect Justice and Love lead the way, then we can overcome our own self interests and work with others as equal neighbors in that context.

You are just choosing to approach this secularly without religious conditions or rituals attached. But the same spiritual process of peace and justice still involves everyone as an equal and unique contributor to humanity.

The language does not matter as much as the common love of truth peace and justice for all humanity. As long as we receive each other in that spirit, it is the same spiritual process symbolized in the Bible.
I have practiced forgiveness. Anger, hatred and jealousy are negative emotions that do you more damage than good. My forgiveness doesn’t mean I am not careful around people who have caused me problems in the past.

Dear BULLDOG
I think you are mixing forgiveness between people, which involves physical debts and damages to other people, and forgiveness from God which is purely spiritual.

It causes stress, resentment and other negative impact on the mental energy, health, relations and ability to function.

This has nothing to do with any threat or force from other people. It is natural health and science that forgiveness is better for mental health and faster recovery from setbacks.

As for any person "trying to force you to forgive them" -- No. That isn't how it works. Again if people want to be forgiven, they have to forgive. Those who fully forgive and heal take responsibility for their actions and making peace with others.

Forgiveness for wrongs man does to other neighbors is different because this isn't just on a spiritual level between us and God. Forgiveness is still involved in correcting wrongs between neighbors, but that does not replace or cancel the need for physical reparations owed for debts or damages.

The "hell" that is self induced is repeating the same abusive patterns in an endless cycle of retribution and resentment until that cycle is broken by forgiveness and correction.

That happens by natural laws where people refuse to forgive each other and keep fighting to control or force the other their way.

The scenario you cite already involves the factor of refusing to forgive. So that is why that fails and perpetuates suffering.

The person doing the wrong has to forgive in order not to keep imposing such threats against another person.

We aren't talking about hell on all those other levels. We're talking about the level where you are on fire forever. If forgiveness between people isn't the deciding factor for that hell, then that just leaves God. After reading the bible, a lot, I've seen lots of places where a loving god, if he did exist, would have asked for forgiveness, but he never did. Clarify just who I'm required to forgive to not burn forever, and am I required to forgive without even being asked?

Regardless of what is decided.......you can seek all the accolades you wish in the hope of seeking approval of other humanists, whether you choose to live by the words of the Holy Scriptures or not, these same words will judge you as they will judge everyone. (John 12:48).

Salvation is a gift of grace.......but any gift can be accepted or rejected. You can't pretend to accept that gift while choosing not to abide by the conditions of that gift.

The real question is why seek the approval of others? Why do you feel the need to reveal to others your decision of Living under the penalty of sin its not a difficult thing? As the old axiom declares, "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

When you know what to do.......know what is right and what is wrong.....and choose not to do what is righteous, the scriptures themselves explain it best............

You can be the most moral, honest, trustworthy, most charitable...etc., man in the world and it will count for nothing if you refuse to place the will of God above your own wants and desires.

Its not YOUR CHURCH, NOT THEIR CHURCH its the Lord's church that He purchased with His blood. He is its head and has all authority in it. Its not "ours" to plan its mission or work nor do we choose the terms by which we enter it. There is only one way to be a citizen of the kingdom of God/Church. Please God. As He, according to His own will decides to allow entrance.

Everyone is accepted (saved) on the Lord's terms or he is excluded from it and has no inheritance coming once this race we call life is over.

No one is promised anything extra in this life......... regardless of what church you belong or what church you do not belong. We all face the same obstacles, same problems, same joys, same illnesses, accidents...etc., The rain falls on the just and the unjust, the sinner and saint face the same lives challenges. God has no respect of person. The reward for a Christian.....his SABBATH if you will comes after this race we call life is over.

To remain a citizen of God's kingdom you must comply with the Perfect Law of Liberty, the New Testament of Grace's conditions in order to accept this Gift of Grace. Without being a member or citizen of this kingdom......you have no method of repentance of all your sins.......as each member is a Priest (a member of a royal priesthood) in direct prayer with the King of Kings, you have no middle man. (1 Peter 2:9-10). You must pray for repentance (1 John 1:9, James 5:16)

Why? God refuses to address the prayers of the unrighteous. "Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened; That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy that He cannot hear; But your iniquities have hidden your face and have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you............so that He will not hear...."

"

Dear BULLDOG

We aren't talking about hell on all those other levels. We're talking about the level where you are on fire forever. If forgiveness between people isn't the deciding factor for that hell, then that just leaves God. After reading the bible, a lot, I've seen lots of places where a loving god, if he did exist, would have asked for forgiveness, but he never did. Clarify just who I'm required to forgive to not burn forever, and am I required to forgive without even being asked?
I don't know what your experiences are or path is.

In general if there are people or groups you have trouble forgiving and treating with equal respect you want for yourself, that usually reflects areas that need work so you don't carry burdens that obstruct you.

A lot of people project their own personal issues onto political groups or figures they want to blame. But the real issues started before then.

Only you can determine what is healthy for you and what is detrimental.

If you like how you are happier talking and interacting with some people but not others, then ask yourself would you rather be as free to interact with all people the same way where it is comstructive and edifying?

Only you can answer that.

Everyone keeps some biases and isn't going to go through the trouble to reconcile with everyone. But if you focus on the people you are motivated to work ideas out with, that is usually enough to prioritize how far you want to go with forgiveness and resolving differences.

Usually if problems stand in the way of you more effectively communicating and working to achieve your goals or objectives, that is a signal to focus there.

I tend to focus on whatever causes me extreme stress or whatever motivates me to improve or change for the better.

Your priorities and path are going to be different. Whatever is causing you obstructions, problems or stress are usually the areas where unforgiven or unresolved issues are created deadlocks.

All those knots can be loosened up by figuring out where the attachments and conditions are being imposed, and trying to work backwards to undo the cause of clashing.

Dear BULLDOG

In general if there are people or groups you have trouble forgiving and treating with equal respect you want for yourself, that usually reflects areas that need work so you don't carry burdens that obstruct you.

A lot of people project their own personal issues onto political groups or figures they want to blame. But the real issues started before then.

If you like how you are happier talking and interacting with some people but not others, then ask yourself would you rather be as free to interact with all people the same way where it is comstructive and edifying?

Everyone keeps some biases and isn't going to go through the trouble to reconcile with everyone. But if you focus on the people you are motivated to work ideas out with, that is usually enough to prioritize how far you want to go with forgiveness and resolving differences.

Usually if problems stand in the way of you more effectively communicating and working to achieve your goals or objectives, that is a signal to focus there.

I tend to focus on whatever causes me extreme stress or whatever motivates me to improve or change for the better.

Your priorities and path are going to be different. Whatever is causing you obstructions, problems or stress are usually the areas where unforgiven or unresolved issues are created deadlocks.

All those knots can be loosened up by figuring out where the attachments and conditions are being imposed, and trying to work backwards to undo the cause of clashing.
Nope. I'm not going to let you tap dance and try to make out like I have some underlying trauma preventing me from accepting religion. I asked some legitimate questions. If you can't or won't answer them, then that's fine, but I thought you were above cheap misdirection.

Dear BULLDOG

Nope. I'm not going to let you tap dance and try to make out like I have some underlying trauma preventing me from accepting religion. I asked some legitimate questions. If you can't or won't answer them, then that's fine, but I thought you were above cheap misdirection.
You should focus more on the journey and worry less about the destination.

For example, do you think what you are doing here is being considerate of others or just to please yourself?

Forum List

Back