Zone1 Christianity and our founding fathers

There are no Communist nationalists states in America. There are plenty of white Christian nationalist states like Alabama Texas and Mississippi
There are exactly the same number of each. Zero. You are still a Communist Nationalist in my eyes.

Christianity and our founding fathers 240315 {post•224}

ding 240315 Scaoff: Jefferson believed - the same as Christians believed - that the existence of the God of Nature ….

whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator - whose existence and causal relation to the world - is essential to the foundation of natural-rights. dvng 240315 Scaoff00224

Natural Rights | Encyclopedia.com

ding 240315 Scaoff: Which is why he helped create - along with many of his Christian countrymen - a system which allowed everyone to practice their faith as they saw fit. . dvng 240315 Scaoff00224
You are still a Communist Nationalist in my eyes.

The outcome of pure reason Saint Ding dictates that I cannot be a communist nationalist by your definition Saint Ding of that label because I believe exactly what YOU SAY Thomas Jefferson believes.

I am a rational theist/deist who rejects the superstitions of the common Biblical Christianity of Jefferson‘s time and ours at present.

I believe in the Jeffersonian Civil American Religion he and Washington Adam’s and Madison Created.

Christianity and our founding fathers 240315 {post•224}

ding 240315 Scaoff: Jefferson believed - the same as Christians believed - that the existence of the God of Nature ….

whose attributes included being a providential, moralistic creator - whose existence and causal relation to the world - is essential to the foundation of natural-rights. dvng 240315 Scaoff00224

Natural Rights | Encyclopedia.com

ding 240315 Scaoff: Which is why he helped create - along with many of his Christian countrymen - a system which allowed everyone to practice their faith as they saw fit. . dvng 240315 Scaoff00224

The outcome of pure reason Saint Ding dictates that I cannot be a communist nationalist by your definition Saint Ding of that label because I believe exactly what YOU SAY Thomas Jefferson believes.

I am a rational theist/deist who rejects the superstitions of the common Biblical Christianity of Jefferson‘s time and ours at present.

I believe in the Jeffersonian Civil American Religion he and Washington Adam’s and Madison Created.
See post #456

People, please stop denying history.
Saint Ding shop preaching fake quotes by Patrick Henry. Can you stop yourself?

This a lie:

America's Christian Heritage 240310 {post•206} ding Mar’24 Sachyz: Patrick Henry "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that his great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here." dvng 240310 Sachyz00206

This is not fake news. This a Saint Ding lie:

America's Christian Heritage 240310 {post•206} ding Mar’24 Sachyz: Patrick Henry "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that his great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here." dvng 240310 Sachyz00206

FACT CHECK: DID PATRICK HENRY SAY THE US WAS FOUNDED ON CHRISTIANITY?​

3:55 PM 06/28/2019 Trevor Schakohl | Legal Reporter

A post shared on Facebook claims that founding father Patrick Henry said, “It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.”

Verdict: False
There is no evidence that Henry authored this statement. It actually comes from a 1956 article mentioning his Christian faith, published in “The Virginian” magazine.

Fact Check:
Henry is most famous for his influential 1775 speech in which he urged Virginians to prepare for war with Great Britain, allegedly declaring, “Give me liberty or give me death!” He served five terms as governor of Virginia, from 1776 to 1779 and again from 1784 to 1786.

Contrary to the claims of the Facebook post, Henry was not a ratifier of the U.S. Constitution. He refused to attend the 1787 Constitutional Convention and strongly opposed the document’s ratification, believing that it insufficiently protected individual and states’ rights.
JIn addition, Henry did not author the statement attributed to him in the post. “This is a perplexing case because Henry certainly was a devout Christian, but the quotation itself is of relatively recent origin,” Baylor University historian and Henry expert Thomas Kidd wrote in a 2012 article for HuffPost.

The statement actually comes from an article mentioning Henry’s Christian faith, published in the April 1956 issueof “The Virginian” magazine. The Library of Virginia provided The Daily Caller with a copy of this article.

A portion of a commentary on the Christian faith of Patrick Henry inThe Virginian magazine, April 1956. Courtesy of The Library of Virginia.

An excerpt noting the Christian faith of Patrick Henry in “The Virginian” magazine, April 1956. Courtesy of the Library of Virginia.
The article quotes Henry’s will, which in one part states, “This is all the Inheritance I can give to my dear family, The religion of Christ can give them one which will make them rich indeed.”
Henry died in 1799 at his home, Virginia’s Red Hill plantation.

Last edited:
This is not fake news. This a Saint Ding lie:

FACT CHECK: DID PATRICK HENRY SAY THE US WAS FOUNDED ON CHRISTIANITY?​

3:55 PM 06/28/2019 Trevor Schakohl | Legal Reporter

A post shared on Facebook claims that founding father Patrick Henry said, “It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.”

Verdict: False
There is no evidence that Henry authored this statement. It actually comes from a 1956 article mentioning his Christian faith, published in “The Virginian” magazine.

Fact Check:
Henry is most famous for his influential 1775 speech in which he urged Virginians to prepare for war with Great Britain, allegedly declaring, “Give me liberty or give me death!” He served five terms as governor of Virginia, from 1776 to 1779 and again from 1784 to 1786.

Contrary to the claims of the Facebook post, Henry was not a ratifier of the U.S. Constitution. He refused to attend the 1787 Constitutional Convention and strongly opposed the document’s ratification, believing that it insufficiently protected individual and states’ rights.
JIn addition, Henry did not author the statement attributed to him in the post. “This is a perplexing case because Henry certainly was a devout Christian, but the quotation itself is of relatively recent origin,” Baylor University historian and Henry expert Thomas Kidd wrote in a 2012 article for HuffPost.

The statement actually comes from an article mentioning Henry’s Christian faith, published in the April 1956 issueof “The Virginian” magazine. The Library of Virginia provided The Daily Caller with a copy of this article.

A portion of a commentary on the Christian faith of Patrick Henry inThe Virginian magazine, April 1956. Courtesy of The Library of Virginia.

An excerpt noting the Christian faith of Patrick Henry in “The Virginian” magazine, April 1956. Courtesy of the Library of Virginia.
The article quotes Henry’s will, which in one part states, “This is all the Inheritance I can give to my dear family, The religion of Christ can give them one which will make them rich indeed.”
Henry died in 1799 at his home, Virginia’s Red Hill plantation.
To a man the founding fathers - Christian and Deist alike - believed:
  1. In the existence of a creator.
  2. That the creator is moralistic.
  3. That the creator is providential.
  4. That natural rights come from the creator.
Thank God they were not Communist Nationalists/atheists.

Saint Ding is promoting the maxim that The United States of America “was founded on the principal of religious freedom, not freedom from religion.”

That maxim has to mean that Saint Ding does not believe human beings on US soil do not have freedom from religion.

If a demagogue comes along and is able to consolidate national power under the majority rule of “one” national religion, then no person shall have freedom from that religion.

Speaker Johnson’s political position gives his religion (white Christian nationalism) extraordinary power. Mike Johnson participated in the MAGA attempt to overturn the 2020 presidential election on January 6, 2021 and hus gad made his way to second in line to the presidency.

Voter Supposn is correct to be concerned with Saint Ding’s rejection of freedom “from” religion.

Mike Pence’s “CIVIC VIRTUE” will not be in a position to protect or save us next time.

Must read if you are intellectually curious enough to get my point:

Saint Ding’s contribution to white Christian nationalism demagoguery is to label me as an atheist and communist.

Speaker Johnson’s Christian nationalist event demeans his secular position - Freedom From Religion Foundation

December 7, 2023 Speaker Johnson’s Christian nationalist event demeans his secular position​

6369699b-e676-e919-43f7-1493ad181aba.jpg

The Freedom From Religion Foundation is deeply disappointed that House Speaker Mike Johnson chose to speak at a Christian nationalist meeting this past Tuesday.

Johnson gave the keynote address at the National Association of Christian Lawmakers Awards Gala, which was held at the Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C., and featured a number of speakers spewing hatred and bigotry in the name of their faith.

The theme of the evening was seemingly to celebrate a fellow Christian nationalist’s ascent to the speakership. Speakers preceding Johnson showed palpable excitement, as one after another alluded to the idea that God had lifted Johnson up and made him second in line to the presidency.

In addition to groveling over the one whom they believe was hand-chosen by their god to lead, members of the group proudly showcased their bigotry to an applauding crowd. Bishop E.W. Jackson, a National Association of Christian Lawmakers advisory board member and presidential candidate (who knew?), reveled in the opportunity to celebrate Johnson, thanking God for his appointment while boasting about his own hatred toward gay and trans individuals. He let it be known that he chooses not to use the word “gay” because to be gay “means to be happy, joyful, or carefree, and there is nothing joyful, happy or carefree about being a homosexual.” Mary Miller, a member of Congress representing Illinois’ 15th District, took the chance to simultaneously praise Johnson for being the “most conservative speaker we’ve ever had” and to push her promise that she would “stand up for the traditional family … as ordained by God.”

By the time Johnson got on stage to receive the American Patriot Award for Christian Honor and Courage, the crowd had heard every culture war battlecry that organizer Jason Rapert and his Christian nationalist posse could think of. Comparatively speaking, Johnson’s remarks to the crowd were unremarkable. He took the time to, of course, regurgitate the talking points that he had made from the speaker’s dais, again stating that our rights come from God, not government. Johnson tried to back that up by noting that the Declaration of Independence says our rights are endowed by “God, our creator.” However, the speaker, apparently a constitutional attorney, is wrong: The Declaration of Independence does not mention God. In fact, the fact that it mentions a creator and not “God” is indicative of the Founders’ intention for this not to be a Christian nation. This language was purposeful and largely written by deistswho would adamantly reject the Christian nationalist view that Johnson and the rest of the National Association of Christian Lawmakers members hold.

The fact that the speaker of the House of Representatives attended this extremist event is seriously troubling. Jason Rapert and the National Association of Christian Lawmakers consistently push their version of an un-American theocracy: From their misguided and counterscientific belief that life begins at conception, to their stance on same-sex marriage, all the way down to their ideas of what students should and should not read on their own free time (can we add the bible to that list?), Rapert and his Christian nationalist outfit continue to peddle outdated ideas that are demonstrably against the will of the people. For a speaker of the U.S. House to attend this event is unprecedented and deeply troubling, to say the least.

When Johnson took the speaker’s gavel, the world began to get a glimpse of who he actually is — and the Christian nationalists are thrilled to have gotten their guy. Much like conservative evangelicals propped up a puppet president in Donald Trump, they’ve done the same to a previously unknown Mike Johnson. In his remarks introducing Johnson, Louisiana state Sen. Mark Abraham noted that “it is a meteoric rise from the Louisiana Statehouse to the speaker of the House of the United States of America … and from all that, we know that God’s hand is upon him.” It is a meteoric rise indeed — one that is a result not of a god, however, but of opportunistic theocrats seeking to insert their will.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation will not stand idly by as leaders in Congress, and theocrats across the country, attempt to pervert our secular democracy.

See also;

Last edited:

Saint Ding’s future White Christian Nationalist:

1711020034252.png

Versus freedom from religion :

By
Austin Cline
Updated on February 22, 2019
A common myth is that the U.S. Constitution grants freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. The same myth may hold in other countries as well.

This claim is common, but it rests on a misunderstanding of what real freedom of religion entails. The most important thing to remember is that freedom of religion, if it is going to apply to everyone, also requires freedom from religion. Why is that? You do not truly have the freedom to practice your religious beliefs if you are also required to adhere to any of the religious beliefs or rules of other religions.

"Liberation from theism and religion are necessary for social and political liberation." Austin Cline

The Khmer Rouge abolished all religion and dispersed minority groups, forbidding them to speak their languages or to practice their customs. These policies had been implemented in less severe forms for many years prior to the Khmer Rouge's taking power.

Communist Nationalist NotfooledbyW's future for America.... abolish and ban all forms of religion.

The Importance of Logic and Philosophy​

Together they provide a means for thinking deductively
Socrates

Socrates. Hiroshi Higuchi/Getty Images
By
Austin Cline
Updated on September 04, 2021
Few people in society today spend much time studying either philosophy or logic. This is unfortunate because so much relies on both: Philosophy is a fundamental component of all areas of human inquiry, while logic is the basis that underpins philosophy. Understanding the relation between logic and philosophy will help you grasp the importance of each.

Saint Ding’s white Christian nationalism calls non-Christian logic and philosophy - Commie Which is the Biblical code word fir Satanic

I'm certain the founding fathers would have taken umbrage with Austin Cline's "philosophy and logic."

"Liberation from theism and religion are necessary for social and political liberation." Austin Cline

"..Instead, the goal is to reveal how oppression depends on religious beliefs which should be dispensed with anyway..." Austin Cline

But I can see how racist Communist Nationalists - like NotfooledbyW - would see Austin Cline as a hero. Even though the Founding Fathers of freedom and liberty would have considered Austin Cline to be an enemy of freedom and liberty.

Forum List

Back