Entire Canadian flight cancelled because a one-year-old kid wouldn’t keep her mask on.

Appears that the real reason the flight was cnacelled was that the passengers sided with the family..the 3 year old was wearing her mask and the other kid was under 2 and mask was not required.

From the OP:

That was when flight staff called police, he says. They got off the plane, and the flight was eventually cancelled and rebooked for the next day.
"Due to the rapid escalation of the situation on board, our crew felt uncomfortable to operate and the flight was subsequently cancelled," WestJet said.
In a video, a police officer explains to them that while the mask issue with the eldest was "resolved", "the behaviour of the other passengers left the rest of the crew feeling unsafe".
Some passengers can be heard in video of the incident heckling the police and air crew.
The officer later confirms that when he arrived, the oldest child was wearing a mask.
Police did not file any charges.

he should be brought to the White House and given the medal of freedom!

All the passengers should have instituted THEIR "zero tolerance policy" and gotten up and left the plane and rebooked with another airline.

People go through this crap only because they tolerate it.

Just what difference does it make whether a couple kids have masks on or not? Does anyone even know they have Covid? It would be different if we really knew that a simple mask was THAT EFFECTIVE at stopping viral transmission or reception. They are not.

If the child did have Covid, wasn't the damage already done after sitting there crying for 15 minutes without a mask on? Just what was accomplished if she put one on after that?

Everyone requires a mask yet you can't buy one anywhere.

Children are too young to be programmed and conditioned to accept bullshit. Kids cry putting a mask on because their common sense and instincts tell them they are hot, uncomfortable and make it harder to breathe!

To think that I used to respect Canadians (not blaming all, of course there are many Canadians that are Patriots bless them) I'm talking about the rest.

he should be brought to the White House and given the medal of freedom!

All the passengers should have instituted THEIR "zero tolerance policy" and gotten up and left the plane and rebooked with another airline.

People go through this crap only because they tolerate it.
Amen to this! If the airline wants people's business badly enough, they need to learn how to get with everyone else's program!

God bless you and the family who brought the airline to everyone else's attention including our attention always!!!

Holly

P.S. According to the write up, the situation scared the 19 month old child so much that she got sick and threw up. If I were the parents, I would be getting a lawyer and saying to the air line "If you want to play hard ball, batter up and get ready because once I'm done with you, you won't even have two coins to rub together!"

Forum List

Back