Zone1 Paul told all women to shut up. Paul was not a nice person.

Christians weren't murdering Jews. Paul was and so were other Jews before they became Christians. In fact, all the first Christians were Jews.

And the Babylonian cultists were murdering them at every opportunity, and were also big fans of Muslim invasions of Christian countries for centuries afterwards.

Nothing better to do than marching up and down the square?
Atkinson?
Well, I'd rather like to club some students with my billy club, sir.
Right, off ya go. Anyone else got something better to do..

Women talk plenty. The biggest problem for men is how to pretend to listen to them without getting caught not listening to them.

Paul shared his contempt for Jews with other Jews. Jesus called them hypocrites and broods of vipers, especially the perverse and crooked generation of them in his own lifetime, i.e., the last generation of them.

Ezekiel thought they were a useless vine (15). Moses saw them as evil, too, and foresaw their end, or when they would be devoured (Duet 31:16-18). Amos called them enemies of justice and righteousness who cheated the poor (5).

Even Judea’s neighbors called Jerusalem a wicked and rebellious city that had always been seditious, as recorded in a writing by, yep, a Jew (Ezr 4:11-16).

All through the Scriptures, from Genesis to Revelation, essentially the whole remnant of the righteous among Israel held contempt for the masses of their corrupt and idolatrous counterparts. Hence the constant pleading for them to repent and walk again with God. By the time of Jesus and Paul, though, it was clear that they would never repent. They were, as their remnants had always averred, including Jesus and Paul, evil and wicked.

On a side note, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Paul drew on Israel’s tradition in his wishes that their women tone things down a bit. Isaiah, for example, called them haughty (3:16-17).

Forum List

Back