Employer Health Insurance Options are getting worse and worse

Yep. HSAs combined with catastrophic insurance are the best way to go. They used to be a much, much better deal - before ACA. In 2005, I had a catastrophic plan with a 5k deductible, and a 5k HSA. It was basically no-deductible insurance, for $150/mo.

Granted, that only works for people who can put 5k in an HSA. or if an employer is willing to do it for you. But for those who can't, I'm betting it would be cheaper, for the government, to just front them 5k and let them take care of their own insurance.

And of course the real beauty of the HSA is that it's your money to keep if you don't spend it on health care.

Hilarious.
Go ahead and tell me what illness is going to cost you $2 million. I'll wait.
No I won't.
None but the absolute most rare illnesses.
And the removal of that cap - AGAIN - cost every American $1,000's more every year, for the rest of their lives.
Just like seallybobo - you reference some silly point, while ignoring the elephant point in the room.
Obamacare raised the cost of insurance for EVERYONE. While doing NOTHING to address a cacophony of issues.
But go ahead... it is now your turn to Google this, and point out some other side issue that was made better.
Why would it cost Americans $1000's if no one goes over a mill or 2? You said that wouldn't happen and it does.

You don't think with inflation since the 90's that insurance cost would have not risen? You want doctor's making what they made 20-30 years ago but you expect a raise?

Why would it cost Americans $1000's if no one goes over a mill or 2? You said that wouldn't happen and it does.

You don't think with inflation since the 90's that insurance cost would have not risen? You want doctor's making what they made 20-30 years ago but you expect a raise?
And here we go again.... and this is exactly how someone like Trump/Biden get into office.
Exactly why, despite only a 27% approval rating, over 95% of Congress was relected.
All you people know is what you can parrot.
Do some fucking math. Of course inflation would raise health insurance kid. Healthcare has outpaced inflation, sometimes DOUBLING inflation, every year except one since 1977.
Now. Your turn to Google again, and make some silly point without actually thinking or vetting the point you think you are making.

And here we go again.... and this is exactly how someone like Trump/Biden get into office.
Exactly why, despite only a 27% approval rating, over 95% of Congress was relected.
Do some fucking math. Of course inflation would raise health insurance kid. Healthcare has outpaced inflation, sometimes DOUBLING inflation, every year except one since 1977.
Now. Your turn to Google again, and make some silly point without actually thinking or vetting the point you think you are making.
Once again, the culprit turns out to be irrational expectations. We're over-insured. That's what's driving health care prices up. No one shops for bargains because everyone is either a) insured, so they don't give a shit what it costs, or b) they can't afford health care at all, so they don't give a shit what it costs. Either way, they're not spending their own money, so why should they care?

Once again, the culprit turns out to be irrational expectations. We're over-insured. That's what's driving health care prices up. No one shops for bargains because everyone is either a) insured, so they don't give a shit what it costs, or b) they can't afford health care at all, so they don't give a shit what it costs. Either way, they're not spending their own money, so why should they care?
The cost of healthcare has gone down... not up?
It is the cost of insurance that keeps rising and rising while the insurer also lowers their payout.
Or... maybe that wasn't the point you were making?

The cost of healthcare has gone down... not up?
It is the cost of insurance that keeps rising and rising while the insurer also lowers their payout.
Or... maybe that wasn't the point you were making?
I don't believe the cost of healthcare has gone down. But I spose it depends on how you parse it. The main thing is, the whole recipe breaks the market. Chasing an irrational delusion is killing us. Literally.

I don't believe the cost of healthcare has gone down. But I spose it depends on how you parse it. The main thing is, the whole recipe breaks the market. Chasing an irrational delusion is killing us. Literally.
The parsing is as per illness.
A large number of illnesses that use to require hospitalization and treatments etc.. is now solved by a few weeks taking a pill.
As well as hospital stays are not even half what they use to be, and more and more is now outpatient.
So the cost of treating just about anything cost less than it did before.
Especially in the past 50 years.
I will say... you are 100% correct our government cannot solve the problem. It is a form of insanity to believe they can.
The American Federal Government is thoroughly broke. Completely.
Corrupt to the core, inept, fake and have absolutely no idea what life the rest of us live... or care.
Expecting them to solve our problems is absolute pipe dream.

He can't.
Liberalism 101 - "Don't aknowledge information that doesn't support the narrative. Shift the conversation to something else that does,"
You will notice, that is all he has done since he entered this thread.
Some things should not be for profit. If it was how much would they have charged for the covid vaccine? $500 a shot?

Which is why we need to adopt yet another health plan from the exact same people who sold us Obamacare to fix it.

Afer all, you can't argue with success

And the ink on Obamacare is not even dry yet.

LMAO!
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, has substantially increased health insurance coverage in the United States. It also seems to have helped reduce the amount of money Americans have had to pull out of their wallet to pay for healthcare, a new study finds.Apr 11, 2021

The Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, has substantially increased health insurance coverage in the United States. It also seems to have helped reduce the amount of money Americans have had to pull out of their wallet to pay for healthcare, a new study finds.Apr 11, 2021

Hell dude... really?
Do you even realize what is missing in this article?
I don't think you do. Because, again, you show again, all you know how to do is parrot something someone else said.

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
Tragic, because you are a great example of why horrible-horrible people keep getting reelected over and over.
Truly pathetic.

Hey, cry baby why don't you quit your fucking job. I don't believe you ever said if those premium's were for you, family of 2,3,4 or 5. More and more mid size and small employer's are putting more responsibility on the employee hoping you will get your own individual plan on an exchange.

Insurance is like going to Vegas to gamble.
You are betting you get sick... only way you will get a payout.
They are betting you won't.

Just received this years enrollment info.
3 Plans
PPO
- $776/mo Premium, $1,500 deductible per member with annual max OOP at $17,400 (inc. premiums paid)
A traditional plan more or less, you are betting $9,312 that you will get sick and have more bills than $1,500 each
HSA 1 - $428/mo Premium, $2,500 deductible per member with max OOP $11,336
You are betting less... $5,136 that you will get sick and have bills over $2,500.
HSA 2 - $199/mo premium, $7,000 deductible, but max OOP is only $9,038.
You are betting the least amount. Only $2,388 you will get sick and have bills over $7000.

Choice is simple.
Pay a lot of money to save a few bucks if you really get sick. Or pay less money and risk it.

It used to be so fucking simple.
Everyone paid the same, and the deductible use to be $500, and the premiums were less than 1/4 the cost of today's plans.

Our system is broke. Rigged to make Insurance companies a LOT of money, and only pay a dime if you have a major crises.
Reagan and expendable employees.

Hey, cry baby why don't you quit your fucking job. I don't believe you ever said if those premium's were for you, family of 2,3,4 or 5. More and more mid size and small employer's are putting more responsibility on the employee hoping you will get your own individual plan on an exchange.
Have you priced a plan whose co-pays won't make you homeless?

You just made my point.... hilarious

You just made my point.... hilarious
Your point is your a fucking whiner? One thing missing like I said was how many people on your policy? If it's just you maybe you got a bitch but if it's more than you, you have one hell of a deal.

Some things should not be for profit. If it was how much would they have charged for the covid vaccine? $500 a shot?
Ok.. so, people shouldn't provide healthcare for profit. What should they provide health care for? Fun? The satisfaction of helping their fellow man?

Your point is your a fucking whiner? One thing missing like I said was how many people on your policy? If it's just you maybe you got a bitch but if it's more than you, you have one hell of a deal.
And looky hear folks... liberalism again... you can't make a point so you resort to screaming and name calling.
Probably some college freshmen who thinks they know everything

Have you negotiated a personal policy for yourself and/or others?
Policies cost way above what most people can afford.

Hell dude... really?
Do you even realize what is missing in this article?
I don't think you do. Because, again, you show again, all you know how to do is parrot something someone else said.

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
Tragic, because you are a great example of why horrible-horrible people keep getting reelected over and over.
Truly pathetic.
Right back at cha. The people you elect are scum too. Or do you now suddenly believe all government sucks, except Trumbots? Sort of like the modern day Tea Baggers. Remember them?

We are truly divided and that's too bad since we want the same things. More/Better economic opportunities. We just disagree on how to get that done. Corporate America tells you trickle down is the way to go. But we see since Reagan that's wrong. Bush, Bush and Trump too.

Forum List

Back