Employer Health Insurance Options are getting worse and worse

Costs have continued to rise and coverages become poorer just like noted in the OP. You don't get to change the facts.
Absolutely
It is this kind of mind blowing ignorance that allows something as bad as ACA... to be something good.
Actually arguing that paying $1000's more a year in premiums, and even more $1000's out of pocket is okay because you can get a free visit once a year.
To us thinking people... that is mind boggling stupid. To them... it is just something to parrot. All they know is what CNN tells them.

Absolutely
It is this kind of mind blowing ignorance that allows something as bad as ACA... to be something good.
Actually arguing that paying $1000's more a year in premiums, and even more $1000's out of pocket is okay because you can get a free visit once a year.
To us thinking people... that is mind boggling stupid. To them... it is just something to parrot. All they know is what CNN tells them.

I doubt you would approve of me believing we needed UHC that addressed costs though.

Why do you think insurance companies owe insurance to people who are already sick? Do you realize that makes no sense? That it's an irrational demand?
This is why medicine needs to be socialized. Some things shouldn't be for profit.

Because idiot, when you get cancer and survive it, later down the road when you lose your job and go to a new job with different insurance an insurance company shouldn't be able to deny you life saving coverage that without you will die. I know that's not profitable for an insurance giant and I know deep down you side with the for profit company. That's your problem.

Prices would have rose even higher if not for Obamacare. Truthometer that.

I can not because there are no ways to measure that. The facts are costs were not addressed under Obamacare at all. You can not prove they would have went higher or lower but the facts are prices continue to go up because the cost side was not addressed.

Absolutely
They would have gone up even more without Obamacare. Insurance companies wrote the bill. They said, "we need some time before you start implementing price controls" and they jacked up the prices when they could. Now I don't know what happened after Trump and Republicans controlled both houses. They didn't undo Obamacare entirely but I bet they made some major changes. I think insurance companies even tried to once again deny people with pre existing conditions but even Trump wouldn't go along with that. Too unpopular. But a 2nd term Trump would go along. Nothing to lose.

This is why medicine needs to be socialized. Some things shouldn't be for profit.
Because idiot
Fuck you too, dimwit.
when you get cancer and survive it, later down the road when you lose your job and go to a new job with different insurance an insurance company shouldn't be able to deny you life saving coverage that without you will die. I know that's not profitable for an insurance giant and I know deep down you side with the for profit company. That's your problem.

That doesn't answer the question (shocker!). I'll try again. Why do you think insurance companies owe insurance to people who are already sick. Are you stupid enough to insist that other kinds of insurance work that way? ie should I be able to get fire insurance after my house burns down?

I can not because there are no ways to measure that. The facts are costs were not addressed under Obamacare at all. You can not prove they would have went higher or lower but the facts are prices continue to go up because the cost side was not addressed.
ACA repeal would throw insurance markets into chaos as millions would lose coverage during a pandemic. ... In total, if the ACA were repealed, more than 20 million Americans would lose their coverage, causing the biggest health insurance loss event in recorded history.

Fuck you too, dimwit.

That doesn't answer the question (shocker!). Why do you think insurance companies owe insurance to people who are already sick. We you be stupid enough to insist that other kinds of insurance this way? ie should I be able to get fire insurance after my house burns down?
This is why there needs to be a public option. Why would medicare insure old dying people? Because it's the right thing to do. Might not be profitable or as profitable but that's why capitalism, in this case, is just another ism.

Insurance is like going to Vegas to gamble.
You are betting you get sick... only way you will get a payout.
They are betting you won't.

Just received this years enrollment info.
3 Plans
PPO
- $776/mo Premium, $1,500 deductible per member with annual max OOP at $17,400 (inc. premiums paid)
A traditional plan more or less, you are betting $9,312 that you will get sick and have more bills than $1,500 each
HSA 1 - $428/mo Premium, $2,500 deductible per member with max OOP $11,336
You are betting less... $5,136 that you will get sick and have bills over $2,500.
HSA 2 - $199/mo premium, $7,000 deductible, but max OOP is only $9,038.
You are betting the least amount. Only $2,388 you will get sick and have bills over $7000.

Choice is simple.
Pay a lot of money to save a few bucks if you really get sick. Or pay less money and risk it.

It used to be so fucking simple.
Everyone paid the same, and the deductible use to be $500, and the premiums were less than 1/4 the cost of today's plans.

Our system is broke. Rigged to make Insurance companies a LOT of money, and only pay a dime if you have a major crises.
The cost of insurance in today's world has skyrocketed and is a huge expense for employers. No doubt the employers need to find a way to keep costs down.

You just can't get someone like sealybobo to understand simple facts. And argue those facts.
ALl he knows is what info he was told. And he repeats it.
NOT knowing that for DECADES insurance was VERY affordable, and it was a part of your compensation as an employee.
Now you think someone like sealybobo would be for that.
No
Because he doesn't acknowledge it. He can't. If he does, he will be acknowledging that employer provided care worked VERY well for a VERY long time. It wasn't until the 1990s when it all started to go down hill.
And NAFTA is part of it. But don't expect the sealybobo's to have any comprehension of how NAFTA effected health insurance.
CNN didn't do a story on it.

ACA repeal would throw insurance markets into chaos as millions would lose coverage during a pandemic. ... In total, if the ACA were repealed, more than 20 million Americans would lose their coverage, causing the biggest health insurance loss event in recorded history.

I didn't argue for that. I argued it was an answer to a question people were not asking. We wanted costs addressed.

This is why there needs to be a public option. Why would medicare insure old dying people? Because it's the right thing to do. Might not be profitable or as profitable but that's why capitalism, in this case, is just another ism.
You're not gonna answer the question, are you?

You're not gonna answer the question, are you?
He can't.
Liberalism 101 - "Don't aknowledge information that doesn't support the narrative. Shift the conversation to something else that does,"
You will notice, that is all he has done since he entered this thread.

PPO - $776/mo Premium, $1,500 deductible per member with annual max OOP at $17,400 (inc. premiums paid)
A traditional plan more or less, you are betting $9,312 that you will get sick and have more bills than $1,500 each
What a great choice. You pay $9,300 a year, have another $1500 deductible meaning you essentially self-insure while the company pockets your money and if you actually get sick, really sick, are only covered for another $8000 by the insurance? That's a great deal for the insurer and employer, not for you.

Our system is broke. Rigged to make Insurance companies a LOT of money, and only pay a dime if you have a major crises.
All brought to you compliments of the democrats in Washington! And John McCain.

Why do you think insurance companies owe insurance to people who are already sick? Do you realize that makes no sense? That it's an irrational demand?
To be honest, just so long as Congress is able to opt out of Obamacare and has outstanding health care that is really all I care about.

Congress First!

Yea the insurance giants were denying people because they had pre existing conditions in the George Bush 2000's.
And in the 90's. Something everyone forgets before obamacare the most an insurance company would pay out for you is either a million or 2 and your policy was gone. Oh, there may have been one company leading up to 2013 that had a 5 mil cap. There is no cap now.

I think he was responding to the op who referred pre existing conditions didn't exist before the 90's. But I agree with you.

And in the 90's. Something everyone forgets before obamacare the most an insurance company would pay out for you is either a million or 2 and your policy was gone. Oh, there may have been one company leading up to 2013 that had a 5 mil cap. There is no cap now.
Hilarious.
Go ahead and tell me what illness is going to cost you $2 million. I'll wait.
No I won't.
None but the absolute most rare illnesses.
And the removal of that cap - AGAIN - cost every American $1,000's more every year, for the rest of their lives.
Just like seallybobo - you reference some silly point, while ignoring the elephant point in the room.
Obamacare raised the cost of insurance for EVERYONE. While doing NOTHING to address a cacophony of issues.
But go ahead... it is now your turn to Google this, and point out some other side issue that was made better.

Hilarious.
Go ahead and tell me what illness is going to cost you $2 million. I'll wait.
No I won't.
None but the absolute most rare illnesses.
And the removal of that cap - AGAIN - cost every American $1,000's more every year, for the rest of their lives.
Just like seallybobo - you reference some silly point, while ignoring the elephant point in the room.
Obamacare raised the cost of insurance for EVERYONE. While doing NOTHING to address a cacophony of issues.
But go ahead... it is now your turn to Google this, and point out some other side issue that was made better.
Which is why we need to adopt yet another health plan from the exact same people who sold us Obamacare to fix it.

Afer all, you can't argue with success

And the ink on Obamacare is not even dry yet.

LMAO!

Forum List

Back