'Elbow to elbow:' North America meat plant workers fall ill, walk off jobs

A 30 year employee dies, meaning he was pretty old, co-morbidity? Obese diabetic? RIP. But partly responsible for these guys walking off is the constant media hype that if you test positive, you are going to die. Will the panic-mongers in the media ever be held accountable?

At a Wayne Farms chicken processing plant in Alabama, workers recently had to pay the company 10 cents a day to buy masks to protect themselves from the new coronavirus, according to a meat inspector.

In Colorado, nearly a third of the workers at a JBS USA beef plant stayed home amid safety concerns for the last two weeks as a 30-year employee of the facility died following complications from the virus.

And since an Olymel pork plant in Quebec shut on March 29, the number of workers who tested positive for the coronavirus quintupled to more than 50, according to their union. The facility and at least 10 others in North America have temporarily closed or reduced production in about the last two weeks because of the pandemic, disrupting food supply chains that have struggled to keep pace with surging demand at grocery stores.
All Essential workers need to unionize.
OMFG LOL

anything to expand the power of the left.

GO FUCK YOURSELF with that bullshit. And in case you haven't noticed unions are dying because workers have caught onto the scam.

And how are unions a scam?
Do you think workers can individually bargain as well as collective bargaining?
I have.
I am an exconvict and I make damn good money.

Negotiate your salary or get a different job.

A 30 year employee dies, meaning he was pretty old, co-morbidity? Obese diabetic? RIP. But partly responsible for these guys walking off is the constant media hype that if you test positive, you are going to die. Will the panic-mongers in the media ever be held accountable?

At a Wayne Farms chicken processing plant in Alabama, workers recently had to pay the company 10 cents a day to buy masks to protect themselves from the new coronavirus, according to a meat inspector.

In Colorado, nearly a third of the workers at a JBS USA beef plant stayed home amid safety concerns for the last two weeks as a 30-year employee of the facility died following complications from the virus.

And since an Olymel pork plant in Quebec shut on March 29, the number of workers who tested positive for the coronavirus quintupled to more than 50, according to their union. The facility and at least 10 others in North America have temporarily closed or reduced production in about the last two weeks because of the pandemic, disrupting food supply chains that have struggled to keep pace with surging demand at grocery stores.
OMFG LOL

GO FUCK YOURSELF with that bullshit. And in case you haven't noticed unions are dying because workers have caught onto the scam.

He hasn't a clue.
I have LOTS OF CLUES. All nicely tucked away in the bank and I didn't need some asshole skimming off the top and bankrupting the companies I worked for to get them.

Maybe the feds should ensure that all essential workers are protected.
Nanny state bullshit. Just like the term essential lol

Liquor store dude essential?
Grocery sacker essential?
McDonald's fry cook essential?
Door greeter at Walmart essential?
House painter essential?

I'm sure you get the drift.

Not at all. Our food supply is very much apart of our national security so is having a plan in the face of a global pandemic.

But you're concerned about a nanny state when Trump just stated he has total authority. Didn't they teach you anything in jail?

OMFG LOL

Now I'm fine with meat packers and grocery store shelf-stockers, "essentials," unionizing. I appreciate them like never before. Will never look at them the same way again.

Last edited:
And American dumb asses still won't ever see it coming--- The biggest depression in history ! There is a food shortage coming and this time this bs is no conspiracy and they can't cover up anny more.

Forum List

Back