Eight years after Trayvon Martin, another 17-year-old is killed in a Sanford, Florida, stand your ground case

I was indicating just last night in a thread regarding the killing of Ahmud Abery in Georgia that Texas is the only state that I'm aware of that allows shooting someone to protect property and then only under a very specific set of circumstances.

Again we find that the shooter in this case originally claimed to have acted in a manner which is contrary to what the law allows. Thank God for that documentation which is as I understand it, heard in the 911 call.

By the way, the attorney representing the family of the 17 year old is the same attorney who represented George Zimmerman in his criminal trial

Thank God?? How was he involved?

I was indicating just last night in a thread regarding the killing of Ahmud Abery in Georgia that Texas is the only state that I'm aware of that allows shooting someone to protect property and then only under a very specific set of circumstances.

Again we find that the shooter in this case originally claimed to have acted in a manner which is contrary to what the law allows. Thank God for that documentation which is as I understand it, heard in the 911 call.

By the way, the attorney representing the family of the 17 year old is the same attorney who represented George Zimmerman in his criminal trial
Zimmerman never clamed stand your ground.

Sounds like that defense won't work in this case......did Zimmerman even actually use that defense? I don't believe he did. It wasn't necessary, basic self-defense worked

It's estimated that firearms are used defensively more than a million times a year. Are you trying to tell us that a "stand your ground" defense hasn't been used in eight freaking years in any other jurisdiction in the United States?

It sounds like a good shooting

And this is a bad thing?

Zimmerman was too stupid to speak and identify himself or diffuse the situation.

Huh? that doesn't make any sense at all since he was being beaten up by a kid who has a history street fighting as situation that was originally caused by 17 year old Martin who was acting suspiciously in a gated community suffering from regular robberies.

No, it was 17 year old Martin who ASSAULTED Zimmerman thereby causing Zimmerman to shoot the stupid kid in SELF DEFENSE.

To be honest, think thieves should be shot.
Don't steal.
You want to live? Keep your hands off other people's property.

I think thieves should be shot.

The law is clear you can't shoot people dead who isn't a threat to ANYONES life it is called MURDER.

Don’t commit a crime in the first place. Unless the criminal was threatening, he should not have been shot.

..if you commit a crime, you initiate the problem ....
.. if a criminal is shot dead, it is undeniable that it is GOOD for everyone--good for the community
..T Martin was doing nothing wrong..Zimmerman should be in jail..Zimmerman was not standing his ground---not at all...he kept going after Martin
For the thousandth time, Zimmerman's defense wasn't "stand your ground" it was self-defense. If Martin hadn't ambushed and attacked Zimmerman and tried to kill him, Martin would be alive today and probably be in prison for committing similar crimes that he did as a juvenile.

For the thousandth time, Zimmerman's defense wasn't "stand your ground" it was self-defense. If Martin hadn't ambushed and attacked Zimmerman and tried to kill him, Martin would be alive today and probably be in prison for committing similar crimes that he did as a juvenile.
Why is it that no one thinks Martín reasonably saw Zimmerman as a threat? After all the guy was following him for blocks then got out of his car trying to chase him down. I don't know about you but in my old neighborhood everyone would see Zimmerman's behavior as a threat.

In this case it was not Stand-Your-Ground law but the Castle law

the homeowner was defending his property
Personally, I can't see any reason to shoot someone as they run away from me unless they have been shooting at me first.

Forum List

Back