Eight years after Trayvon Martin, another 17-year-old is killed in a Sanford, Florida, stand your ground case

I think the whole world has a problem with muslims.
No, not the whole world, just bigots and in some cases racists.

Regarding Captain JD, I have some old newspaper articles about him and about the crash.

All of those highly distinguished airmen who perished in that accident with him all lost their lives due to the fact that Moten field at Tuskegee was the only place black pilots were allowed to land. They got caught in a thunderstorm and their requests to divert to an alternative field were denied allegedly due to this fact. In other words, they preferred that they lose their lives than land safely somewhere where they were all white people.

Oh and thank you for the kind words regarding him.

Regarding Captain JD, I have some old newspaper articles about him and about the crash.

All of those highly distinguished airmen who perished in that accident with him all lost their lives due to the fact that Moten field at Tuskegee was the only place black pilots were allowed to land. They got caught in a thunderstorm and their requests to divert to an alternative field were denied allegedly due to this fact. In other words, they preferred that they lose their lives than land safely somewhere where they were all white people.

So was there more than one plane that crashed or were they all like passengers in one plane?

Truly outrageous if they were denied the right to land in a safe area because of their race.

So I take it this accident happened after the war?

Thanks for the info.

Not to mention their infidel neighbors.

..if you commit a crime, you initiate the problem ....
.. if a criminal is shot dead, it is undeniable that it is GOOD for everyone--good for the community
..T Martin was doing nothing wrong..Zimmerman should be in jail..Zimmerman was not standing his ground---not at all...he kept going after Martin

~~~~~~
You forget that T. Martin was in the act of assault and battery when killed.

..if you commit a crime, you initiate the problem ....
.. if a criminal is shot dead, it is undeniable that it is GOOD for everyone--good for the community
..T Martin was doing nothing wrong..Zimmerman should be in jail..Zimmerman was not standing his ground---not at all...he kept going after Martin

~~~~~~
You forget that T. Martin was in the act of assault and battery when killed.

True...but these jokers that come on here trying to defend Trayvon will never accept the fact that he ran off initially and then came back and sucker punched George...knocked him to the ground
jumped on top of him and was pounding his head on the ground.

They did not watch the trial...they do not understand that all the evidence, the forensics and the witness demonstrated that Trayvon assaulted George.

Not to mention their infidel neighbors.

Play stupid games...win stupid prizes. No sympathy for thieves...don't care what color they are.

Homeowner gets to go to jail...for being reckless, cowardly, a liar and stupid. Say nothing without a lawyer. Nothing.

I was indicating just last night in a thread regarding the killing of Ahmud Abery in Georgia that Texas is the only state that I'm aware of that allows shooting someone to protect property and then only under a very specific set of circumstances.

Again we find that the shooter in this case originally claimed to have acted in a manner which is contrary to what the law allows. Thank God for that documentation which is as I understand it, heard in the 911 call.

By the way, the attorney representing the family of the 17 year old is the same attorney who represented George Zimmerman in his criminal trial

The family of a black 17-year-old fatally shot in the back by a homeowner during an alleged car break-in in Sanford, Florida, has hired Mark O'Mara, the attorney who represented George Zimmerman, the lawyer said.

Zimmerman shot and killed another 17-year-old, Trayvon Martin, in the same city in 2012. He was acquitted of all charges after claiming self-defense.

In the new case O'Mara has taken, he is representing the family of Adrein Green, who was killed before 2 a.m. Tuesday after, police say, he attempted to burglarize a vehicle in a gated community.

The homeowner was on the phone with a 911 operator reporting a possible home burglary when he fired two shots at Green, which can be heard on the 911 call released by police.

2014: Young black men can get justice, O'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.

2014: Young black men can get justice, O'Mara says. 03:05

Officers found Green unresponsive on a road near the home, police say. They performed CPR, but Green died at the hospital from "an apparent single gunshot wound to his back," Sanford Police Chief Cecil Smith said at a news conference.

Evidence at the scene shows Green tried to break into one of the homeowner's vehicles, Smith said.

The homeowner wasn't arrested because he was justified in using deadly force when Green allegedly engaged in a "forcible felony," said Assistant State Attorney Dan Faggard with the 18th Judicial Circuit.

The homeowner told police he feared for his life and for the lives of his wife and baby, Faggard said. Authorities have not publicly identified the homeowner.

Under Florida law, a person can use deadly force if she or he "believes that such conduct is necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony."

The person using deadly force "does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be," the law states.

O'Mara contested the prosecutor's claim, saying the homeowner says in the 911 call that he fired his weapon to scare Green off of his property.

"They weren't shooting in fear of personal safety," O'Mara told CNN. "In this case, it's pretty clear, in my opinion, you aren't allowed to shoot someone because they are breaking into your car."

The investigation is ongoing, State Attorney Phil Archer's office said in a statement, and once a final determination is made it will be announced publicly.

Florida's stand your ground law was a topic of debate in the Zimmerman case, as well as in the cases of Michael Dunn, who killed Jordan Davis, 17, during a 2012 argument over loud music in Jacksonville, and Michael Drejka, who killed Markeis McGlockton after McGlockton pushed him in a 2018 confrontation over a handicapped parking space in Clearwater.

Like Zimmerman, Dunn forewent a stand your ground defense and argued the shooting was in self-defense. Dunn was convicted of murder, Drejka of manslaughter. Both are in prison.
Eight years after Trayvon Martin, another 17-year-old is killed in a Sanford, Florida, stand your ground case
Wrong again, Texas does and rightfully so. me personally I don't think I would do it though, but it would depend on the events.
Is that not what I stated in my first sentence, that Texas was the only state that I'm aware of that allows you to shoot someone for a property crime?

A criminal is responsible for any and all injuries that occur during the commission of their crime, including their own. Eliminating criminals from this world is a good thing. People like you that want to coddle criminals are part of the problem.

More information is slowly coming out regarding the shooting of the so called jogger in Jawja.....not looking good for the state.....the following is especially for all those hysterical liberals and democrats who whined there was no probable cause for the defendant to follow the suspect or even get involved at all.

I was indicating just last night in a thread regarding the killing of Ahmud Abery in Georgia that Texas is the only state that I'm aware of that allows shooting someone to protect property and then only under a very specific set of circumstances.

Again we find that the shooter in this case originally claimed to have acted in a manner which is contrary to what the law allows. Thank God for that documentation which is as I understand it, heard in the 911 call.

By the way, the attorney representing the family of the 17 year old is the same attorney who represented George Zimmerman in his criminal trial

The family of a black 17-year-old fatally shot in the back by a homeowner during an alleged car break-in in Sanford, Florida, has hired Mark O'Mara, the attorney who represented George Zimmerman, the lawyer said.

Zimmerman shot and killed another 17-year-old, Trayvon Martin, in the same city in 2012. He was acquitted of all charges after claiming self-defense.

In the new case O'Mara has taken, he is representing the family of Adrein Green, who was killed before 2 a.m. Tuesday after, police say, he attempted to burglarize a vehicle in a gated community.

The homeowner was on the phone with a 911 operator reporting a possible home burglary when he fired two shots at Green, which can be heard on the 911 call released by police.

2014: Young black men can get justice, O'Mara says.'Mara says.

Officers found Green unresponsive on a road near the home, police say. They performed CPR, but Green died at the hospital from "an apparent single gunshot wound to his back," Sanford Police Chief Cecil Smith said at a news conference.

Evidence at the scene shows Green tried to break into one of the homeowner's vehicles, Smith said.

The homeowner wasn't arrested because he was justified in using deadly force when Green allegedly engaged in a "forcible felony," said Assistant State Attorney Dan Faggard with the 18th Judicial Circuit.

The homeowner told police he feared for his life and for the lives of his wife and baby, Faggard said. Authorities have not publicly identified the homeowner.

Under Florida law, a person can use deadly force if she or he "believes that such conduct is necessary to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony."

The person using deadly force "does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be," the law states.

O'Mara contested the prosecutor's claim, saying the homeowner says in the 911 call that he fired his weapon to scare Green off of his property.

"They weren't shooting in fear of personal safety," O'Mara told CNN. "In this case, it's pretty clear, in my opinion, you aren't allowed to shoot someone because they are breaking into your car."

The investigation is ongoing, State Attorney Phil Archer's office said in a statement, and once a final determination is made it will be announced publicly.

Florida's stand your ground law was a topic of debate in the Zimmerman case, as well as in the cases of Michael Dunn, who killed Jordan Davis, 17, during a 2012 argument over loud music in Jacksonville, and Michael Drejka, who killed Markeis McGlockton after McGlockton pushed him in a 2018 confrontation over a handicapped parking space in Clearwater.

Like Zimmerman, Dunn forewent a stand your ground defense and argued the shooting was in self-defense. Dunn was convicted of murder, Drejka of manslaughter. Both are in prison.
And Crump will be as successful in getting a conviction as he was in the 'T-Boner' case.
Two words: BELL CURVE.

2014: Young black men can get justice, O'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.

I REALLY hate thieves! When caught in the of stealing, the public should be able to kill them. You work all day at jobs that pay nominal or fair wages, so that you can earn enough in savings to own some personal property and provide for your family, only to have some low-life scum come along and take your hard-earned property away from you. The punishment of death when caught in the act of committing their crimes is adequate, as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly....we need to have public hangings....instead of incarcerating all these criminals at a tremendous expense.....and not even to mention the girl you are replying to is a muslim....and we all know what muslims do to theieves.....she must have little knowledge of her religion. hehheh

I am quite familiar with Islam and its punishments for crimes. In strict Islamic nations, those who steal, lose a hand and while I detest Islam, that is a good punishment. However, our Bill of Rights states that there be no "cruel or unusual" punishment and the bleeding-heart-liberals would suffer an apoplexy if we were to do that.

2014: Young black men can get justice, O'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.

I REALLY hate thieves! When caught in the of stealing, the public should be able to kill them. You work all day at jobs that pay nominal or fair wages, so that you can earn enough in savings to own some personal property and provide for your family, only to have some low-life scum come along and take your hard-earned property away from you. The punishment of death when caught in the act of committing their crimes is adequate, as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly....we need to have public hangings....instead of incarcerating all these criminals at a tremendous expense.....and not even to mention the girl you are replying to is a muslim....and we all know what muslims do to theieves.....she must have little knowledge of her religion. hehheh

I am quite familiar with Islam and its punishments for crimes. In strict Islamic nations, those who steal, lose a hand and while I detest Islam, that is a good punishment. However, our Bill of Rights states that there be no "cruel or unusual" punishment and the bleeding-heart-liberals would suffer an apoplexy if we were to do that.

We are spending ridiculous amounts of money to house criminals....I say start hanging them...at least the violent ones.

2014: Young black men can get justice, O'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.'Mara says.

We are spending ridiculous amounts of money to house criminals....I say start hanging them...at least the violent ones.
I go back and forth on this. In the Criminology class I took (years ago), the book and instructor pointed out that, in the Middle Ages, during public hangings of pickpockets, pickpockets would work the crowd. The severity of punishment doesn't deter the criminal bent on committing a crime.
The county in Arizona where Joe Arpaio was Sheriff, had a very low recidivism rate, however, whether It was because the ex-con's turned a new leaf or, just moved away to avoid being incarcerated in his county is anybody's guess. His policy was to place the arrested criminals in tents, rather than in air-conditioned buildings....and wear pink uniforms. Perhaps all counties should put prisoners in pink leotards and wear tutu's and see what happens. Embarrass them into behaving.

There definitely needs to be more 'out of the box' thinking.....regarding black crime....we need to go back to the point where it suddenly skyrocketed in the sixties.....what motivated that?

A very strong can be and has been made it was due to the fact that in the sixties the black family group in a overwhelming number of cases amongst poor blacks in the ghetto where most of the black criminals come from....suddenly no longer had a father in the home.....black women found out they could get a bigger check from the government if she was single....thus no motivation to get married or to have a husband....these women however did not stop having children....they had also found out the more children they had the more welfare they could get....thus they had a lot children and usually by different fathers who would come around occasionally to vist mama but there was no father present in the home to discipline the kids and thus they basically grow up on the streets influenced by gangs and they quickly gravitate to crime.

Just a reminder since this thread is old...

The Martin case had nothing to do with stand your ground law, it was never used as the defense or anywhere in the trial.

Just a reminder since this thread is old...

The Martin case had nothing to do with stand your ground law, it was never used as the defense or anywhere in the trial.
The Moon Bats have been told that it was a "stand your ground" defense by the Libtard media so they don't want to know the truth.

Forum List

Back