Eight years after Trayvon Martin, another 17-year-old is killed in a Sanford, Florida, stand your ground case

..if you commit a crime, you initiate the problem ....
.. if a criminal is shot dead, it is undeniable that it is GOOD for everyone--good for the community
..T Martin was doing nothing wrong..Zimmerman should be in jail..Zimmerman was not standing his ground---not at all...he kept going after Martin

You know nothing about the case or the trial...but keep posting your nonsense.......

Martin circled around to ambush Zimmerman....Zimmerman had lost Martin in the complex and was walking to the parking lot to meet with the police when Martin violently attacked him.......Stand Your Ground was not part of the defense.

If the black man had pulled out a gun and shot the white guy (when the white guy was approaching him with a shotgun), would you consider the black guy had acted in self-defense?
Not if he was committing a crime when the white person approached him.

Why is it that no one thinks Martín reasonably saw Zimmerman as a threat? After all the guy was following him for blocks then got out of his car trying to chase him down. I don't know about you but in my old neighborhood everyone would see Zimmerman's behavior as a threat.
Simple actually, Blues Man! When Martin calls his friend to tell her about the man that had been following him he was outside his Father's girlfriend's condo. Zimmerman is at the back gate of the complex several hundred yards away having totally lost sight of Martin. At that point Zimmerman's on the phone being told by the Police to meet them at the front gate. The ONLY way for that confrontation to take place is if Martin goes BACK the way he came! How do you claim someone was a "threat" when you deliberately leave safety and walk back to confront them? Sorry...that dog doesn't hunt! If Martin simply goes into the condo...he's fine. He doesn't. He goes back and jumps Zimmerman.

Why is it that no one thinks Martín reasonably saw Zimmerman as a threat? After all the guy was following him for blocks then got out of his car trying to chase him down. I don't know about you but in my old neighborhood everyone would see Zimmerman's behavior as a threat.

Criminals often see threats to their criminal activities.
The criminal should have called 911 as he went home. To report the "threat".
Instead he committed criminal assault. And died for his stupid choice.

What it is that makes you all see things that aren't there? Where does it glorify ANYTHING?

Something that no one has even mentioned and I found very interesting is that attorney Mark O'Mara who I believe stated Treyvon Martin caused his own death is now representing the family of the 17-year old who was shot and killed while in the commission of a crime, whereas Martin was not engaged in criminal activity when George Zimmerman decided to target him.
Martin was shot while in the middle of attacking Zimmerman in a manner that would have resulted in serious injury or death. The other young black man was committing misdemeanor theft. If Zimmerman had shot Martin while he was walking or running away the cases would be similar, but they are polar opposites. The only similarity is that both men shot were black.

Simple actually, Blues Man! When Martin calls his friend to tell her about the man that had been following him he was outside his Father's girlfriend's condo. Zimmerman is at the back gate of the complex several hundred yards away having totally lost sight of Martin. At that point he's on the phone being told by the Police to meet them at the front gate. The ONLY way for that confrontation to take place is if Martin goes BACK the way he came! How do you claim someone was a "threat" when you deliberately leave safety and walk back to confront them? Sorry...that dog doesn't hunt! If Martin simply goes into the condo...he's fine. He doesn't. He goes back and jumps Zimmerman.

Maybe. I still think Zimmerman did more than his fair share to incite.

Zimmerman quit following Martin and was returning to his car when Martin attacked him so much for your claim,

Criminals often see threats to their criminal activities.
The criminal should have called 911 as he went home. To report the "threat".
Instead he committed criminal assault. And died for his stupid choice.
What crime was Martin committing that made Zimmerman follow him in his car then get out to chase him?

What it is that makes you all see things that aren't there? Where does it glorify ANYTHING?

Something that no one has even mentioned and I found very interesting is that attorney Mark O'Mara who I believe stated Treyvon Martin caused his own death is now representing the family of the 17-year old who was shot and killed while in the commission of a crime, whereas Martin was not engaged in criminal activity when George Zimmerman decided to target him.
Whatever gave you the idea that lawyers were consistent? The only consistent thing about lawyers is that they will say or do anything to get their current client out of trouble.

What crime was Zimmermann committing by following him?
Like I said Zimmerman's actions could easily be seen by a reasonable person to be a threat.

Tell me if a guy was following your kid for blocks in his car then got out to chase him would you find that behavior threatening towards your kid?

That's funny! Thanks. I thought you were being serious by defending the dead thug. LOL!
Like I said all I know that in my old neighborhood Zimmerman's following a person for blocks in his car then getting out to chase him would be seen as threatening behavior.

Like I said Zimmerman's actions could easily be seen by a reasonable person to be a threat.

Tell me if a guy was following your kid for blocks in his car then got out to chase him would you find that behavior threatening towards your kid?

There was no physical contact instigated by Zimmerman....he didn't even get close to Martin....and "Chasing," is a big stretch.....he was following at a distance, so much distance he lost Martin in the complex......that isn't "Chasing," in any stretch of the imagination...

With all due respect...if someone with a shotgun lets you get close enough to "turn the barrel" then they're an idiot! If someone has a gun of any kind I'm talking my way out of the situation...I'm not trying to disarm them!
As for what I studied? That would be Tae Kwon Do and Chinese Kenpo. I took 3rd place at the J Park East Coast Nationals men's lightweight division Kumite.
They may have been watching too many movies and television where the guy with the gun is actually in contact with the person it's being aimed at. Guns are distance weapons, the person holding the gun should never allow anyone within twenty feet of him. The average person can cover twenty feet in a couple of seconds from a standing start.

There was no physical contact instigated by Zimmerman....he didn't even get close to Martin....and "Chasing," is a big stretch.....he was following at a distance, so much distance he lost Martin in the complex......that isn't "Chasing," in any stretch of the imagination...
Doesn't matter. There is not a requirement for physical contact for a person's behavior to reasonably be seen as threatening.

Forum List

Back