Eating In Heaven?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Okay, I remember reading somewhere that when we get to Heaven we will be having feasts with Jesus and everybody else up there,.. but how is that possible when we probably won't have a digestive system? And I don't think we will have to relieve ourselves afterwards so where does the food go? Or does it just stay in us or something? :confused-84:

Who can eat through all that noise ... every person who's ever lived up there singing their praise for God ... enough to give you a headache ...

What do you think "rain" and "hail" are?

200.gif

They asked Jesus, "what is Heaven like?"

And Jesus said, "it's like a mustard seed."

A resurrected body is an immortal body and will not require food to sustain life. The makeup of our bodies now are built to have the food we eat sustain our lives. Perhaps when we resurrect, the inner function of our bodies will be different than our mortal bodies. Maybe they will be able to burn up all the food we eat and not have to excrete it. Then again, maybe resurrected being do excrete. We don't know for sure. We do know that Jesus ate after appearing as a resurrected body to his disciples. So the ability to eat is still with us.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

just curious what you think they would be eating ...
Excellent question! Jesus obviously was on this earth when he ate fish and honeycomb as a resurrected being. But on a glorified celestial sphere would exalted beings kill animals to eat? Would all things that have life be killed or harvested to give exalted man the pleasure of eating? Could they be killed or harvested or are they immortal as well? To what extent do animals or plants have immortality? Are plants always to be used as food even in a celestial state of being? Or, are resurrected beings only able to eat when visiting a fallen world where there are things to eat? What evidences are there in scripture regarding this topic? What is the nature of plants and animals in the heavenly realm?

Excellent question! Jesus obviously was on this earth when he ate fish and honeycomb as a resurrected being. But on a glorified celestial sphere would exalted beings kill animals to eat? Would all things that have life be killed or harvested to give exalted man the pleasure of eating? Could they be killed or harvested or are they immortal as well? To what extent do animals or plants have immortality? Are plants always to be used as food even in a celestial state of being? Or, are resurrected beings only able to eat when visiting a fallen world where there are things to eat? What evidences are there in scripture regarding this topic? What is the nature of plants and animals in the heavenly realm?

What is the nature of plants and animals in the heavenly realm?

all beings heavenly are equal - in purity.

all beings heavenly are equal - in purity.
It could be that resurrected beings can eat but in heaven they don't eat. I don't think they ever get hungry and certainly don't need to eat to sustain life. Perhaps it is an enjoyment at times or maybe not even that. Maybe Jesus ate to simply show that he was not a spirit but a resurrected being having flesh and bones.

You can eat if you want to, but with your immortal body you won't need to. In fact, if you want to you will be capable of eating an orange from the inside out, or appearing and disappearing at will, walking along the ocean floor or watching a super nova explode, because you will be inter-dimensional, just like Jesus.
Even in spirit form we are recognizable as who we were on earth:
Luke 16:22-23 One day the beggar died and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s side. And the rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham from afar, with Lazarus by his side.
^
All three in spirit form and recognizable. But 2 didn't stay that way. When Christ died, graves opened and three days later about ten thousand, who were residing in spirit form with Abraham, returned with Christ after retrieving their physical, reconstructed bodies out of the open graves.

The bodies of those taken in the upcoming rapture will be transformed in the twinkling of an eye. Not into spirit form but the bodies we have now, glorified, and ready to return with Christ for the battle of Armageddon.

Considering early Christian asceticism, why is this not viewed as a sort of promisary note for giving up or lack in the earth life?

I mean that in a spiritual eating not actual eating.

just curious what you think they would be eating ...
Mana...like Mani. Peanut. Like Jimmy Carter grows
“I saw a great number of trees on each side of the river” (47:7, niv). Then he is told, “This water flows toward the eastern region and goes down into the Arabah, where it enters the Dead Sea. When it empties into the sea, the salty water there becomes fresh. Swarms of living creatures will live wherever the river flows. There will be large numbers of fish, because this water flows there and makes the salt water fresh; so where the river flows everything will live” (Ezekiel 47:8-9, niv).

ocean walk
Ezekiel 47 goes on to say, “Fruit trees of all kinds will grow on both banks of the river. Their leaves will not wither, nor will their fruit fail. Every month they will bear fruit, because the water from the sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will serve for food and their leaves for healing” (verse 12). This promise is applied directly to the New Earth in Revelation 22:2

A resurrected body is an immortal body and will not require food to sustain life. The makeup of our bodies now are built to have the food we eat sustain our lives. Perhaps when we resurrect, the inner function of our bodies will be different than our mortal bodies. Maybe they will be able to burn up all the food we eat and not have to excrete it. Then again, maybe resurrected being do excrete. We don't know for sure. We do know that Jesus ate after appearing as a resurrected body to his disciples. So the ability to eat is still with us.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.
Flesh and bones. Nothing about blood. So, the system will be unique to resurrected beings. I know we won't be saying that broiled fish are to die for...

Well, Moses received manna from heaven. It had all the nourishment needed for a human frail body of flesh, blood and bones. Energy needs energy to survive. It's a question we may all ask and may be the first question. How do we sustain this perfect body that will never die?

Forum List

Back