Pentagon Orders Company To STOP Making Faith Based Dog Tags

The issue arose when the company was reported to the Department of Defense by Mikey Weinstein, founder and president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF). Weinstein claimed that engraving religious messages on an item that displays the official military emblem is fundamentally wrong and "poisons the constitutionally-mandated separation of Church and State…” according to Fox News.

Sounds like a lot of bedwetting to me. Servicemen personally paying to have religious engravings on their dog tags is in no way an endorsement of religion by the state.

I'm not religious and personally think most of these beliefs are silly, but it certainly does not bother me if other people believe it as long as they don't try and force it on me. It amazes me how many on the left get so uptight about religion and approach it like a vampire to garlic.

Last edited:
I'm not religious and personally think most of these beliefs are silly, but it certainly bother me if other people believe it as long as they don't try and force it on me.

I think you mean that it doesn't bother you as long people don't try to force their beliefs on you.

Well...........there is supposed to be a separation of "church and state".

I can understand the govt not wanting govt symbols on religious themed stuff.

But it's been going on for many decades, if not centuries. WHY NOW???
An individual wearing dog tags, inside of their uniform, does not equate to government sponsoring 1 religion or any religion.

So, you think that guy sells those tags for nothing?

If people want them it's ok. No one is forced to wear one of those dog tags and it isnt visible to anyone. If it gives a little comfort to someone who is possibly going to go out into danger and die.... I can see why commie control freak leftists are against it. They never hesitate to suck the joy out of any room, and they always do it "for the people"

Well...........there is supposed to be a separation of "church and state".

I can understand the govt not wanting govt symbols on religious themed stuff.

But it's been going on for many decades, if not centuries. WHY NOW???

Printing faith-based dog tags is not even close to violating the separation of church and state.

Forum List

Back