Duke University professor and co-author of reparations book demand the federal government pay $14 TRILLION to black Americans over a period of 10 year

I'm not culpable, and I'll be the one paying for this joke. If I ever hear anyone supporting this joke, I'll ram their teeth down their throat.

The authors of a book arguing for slavery reparations have demanded that the federal government should fork out an eye-watering $14 TRILLION to the cause.
Duke University professor William A. Darity and writer A. Kirsten Mullen called for the mammoth reparations payout as they argued that the federal government is 'culpable for slavery.'
And the left try claiming that teachers, professors, and schools/universities aren't liberal or progressive. Sure.

Shocking coming from a guy who's been advocating reparations all his life?

Until blacks pay reparations to the heirs of all those who fought to end slavery they can kiss my ass.

$150 trillion should to cover it.

Democrats don't give a damn about the national debt, so the govt should give every legal US Citizen adult man and woman $1,000,000 tax-free dollars.

This could wipe out all personsl debt.
'Put money into the economy'

Oh yeah - wouldn't work: Democrats don't give a damn about middle / lower class US citizens. They would never go for it.

Democrats don't give a damn about the national debt, so the govt should give every legal US Citizen adult man and woman $1,000,000 tax-free dollars.

This could wipe out all personsl debt.
'Put money into the economy'

Oh yeah - wouldn't work: Democrats don't give a damn about middle / lower class US citizens. They would never go for it.
Exactly.

politicians know who butters their bread.

I'm not culpable, and I'll be the one paying for this joke. If I ever hear anyone supporting this joke, I'll ram their teeth down their throat.

The authors of a book arguing for slavery reparations have demanded that the federal government should fork out an eye-watering $14 TRILLION to the cause.
Duke University professor William A. Darity and writer A. Kirsten Mullen called for the mammoth reparations payout as they argued that the federal government is 'culpable for slavery.'

Well whata ya know...she's a darky.
I would have never guessed.....

African slaves’ lifespans increased as American slaves compared to living in their native lands of Congo and Senegal. Their condition was actually improved by virtue of being enslaved in America. That’s not an endorsement of slavery. It’s an observation of how primitive, dangerous and desperate their situation was in their homeland.
Descendants of slaves should not only NOT be paid reparations but should instead have to pay a lifestyle enhancement tax as their lifespans and standard of living have increased dramatically as a result of American slave heritage.
Or they could just shut the fuck up and be grateful for their current situation.

It's time you guys dropped this stupid argument. You ain't ramming jack squat.

What bill?
If they ever made the mistake of paying a dime, it would never end.
No amount would EVER be enough. Not Billions, Not trillions.
The demands would escalate and every billionaire would be demanded to GIVE their billions to reparations.
Yeah...that's got a chance...... :auiqs.jpg:

This is an idea whose time will never come.
Well....unless they get all the guns....then they might force it on you.
Why do whites, who have had all kinds of economic assistance from the government and still ask for more talk like you?

Reparations will come and there ain't a damn thing you can do to stop it.

Last edited:
The opposition to black reparations is based on sheer racist hatred. Precedents have been set as other groups who have been harmed by the government have received reparations. As for the tired worn out excuse of “why should I pay for something I did not do,” here is an example of reparations made in modern times for things done by past generations.

I am quite sure no one living in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government made the Fort Laramie treaty with the Sioux Nation or were participants in Custers violation of that treaty. Nor were they alive when President Grant decided it was OK to let settlers and people prospecting for gold tresspass into land promised to the Sioux thereby violating the treaty. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to take the land from the Sioux by military force. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to cut off supplies they promised the Sioux as condition for their surrender after whipping the U.S. Army at The Battle of Little Bighorn. But in 1980, the government of the United States decided reparations were due to the Sioux Nation for what was done to them in the 1800’s. They awarded the Sioux nation 105 million dollars..

So you guys have no argument.. And people like Darity need to be more clear when he makes these statements so dumb ----- like some here understand exactly what reparations are asked for.

Introduced in House (01/09/2023)​

H. R. 40
To address the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity of slavery in the United States and the 13 American colonies between 1619 and 1865 and to establish a commission to study and consider a national apology and proposal for reparations for the institution of slavery, its subsequent de jure and de facto racial and economic discrimination against African Americans, and the impact of these forces on living African Americans, to make recommendations to the Congress on appropriate remedies, and for other purposes.

(a) Findings.—The Congress finds that—

(4) a preponderance of scholarly, legal, community evidentiary documentation and popular culture markers constitute the basis for inquiry into the on-going effects of the institution of slavery and its legacy of persistent systemic structures of discrimination on living African Americans and society in the United States;

(6) following the abolition of slavery and end of Reconstruction the United States Government, through laws enacted at the Federal, State, and local level, continued to perpetuate, condone and profit from practices that continued to brutalize and disadvantage African Americans, including share cropping, convict leasing, Jim Crow, redlining, unequal education, and disproportionate treatment at the hands of the criminal justice system, resulting in stolen labor and ultimately forestalling landmark contributions in science, arts, commerce and public service;

(8) examples of discriminatory Federal Government actions directed against African Americans include—
(A) the creation of the Federal Housing Administration, which adopted specific policies designed to incentivize residential segregation;
(B) the enactment of legislation creating the Social Security program, for which most African Americans were purposely rendered ineligible during its first two decades;
(C) the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act of 1944 (commonly known as the GI Bill of Rights; 58 Stat. 284, chapter 268), which left administration of its programs to the States, thus enabling discrimination against African-American veterans; and
(D) the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, which allowed labor unions to discriminate based on race; and
(9) as a result of the historic and continued discrimination, African Americans continue to suffer debilitating economic, educational, and health hardships including but not limited to having nearly 1,000,000 Black people incarcerated; an unemployment rate more than twice the current White unemployment rate; and an average of less than 1⁄16 of the wealth of White families, a disparity which has worsened, not improved over time.

This is about more than slavery. And that's something you guys need to learn.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
Why do whites, who have had all kinds of economic assistance from the government and still ask for more talking like you?

Reparations will come and there ain't a damn thing you can do to stop it.

Not in your lifetime, your childrens lifetime or any living beings lifetime.

Not in your lifetime, your childrens lifetime or any living beings lifetime.
They probably will come in my lifetime. And there's nothing you can do about it.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
They probably will come in my lifetime. And there's nothing you can do about it.
The only thing slavery in America did was to benefit the ancestors of the slaves to the tune of $1.7 million in increased wages averaged over their lifetime.

And, since slavery was the custom in Africa at the time, there is an equal chance that your ancestors were slave owners, or those that sold the slaves to the slave buyers.

You lose.

There will never be reparations on a national level. Any presidential candidate who runs on stealing white people’s money to give it to blacks who did not earn it will never win.

That is because the majority of people are opposed.

This is about more than slavery. And that's something you guys need to learn.

sure....

Types of slavery today
  • Human trafficking. ...
  • Forced labour. ...
  • Debt bondage/bonded labour. ...
  • Descent–based slavery (where people are born into slavery). ...
  • Child slavery. ...
  • Forced and early marriage. ...
  • Domestic servitude.

~S~

Forum List

Back