DUI teen doing 70 mph in a 40 zone kills 4 - GETS PROBATION

oh no. I understand perfectly. You are an idiot that makes wild ass claims without a whit of supporting fact and then demands that you are correct.

When you have something more than accusations I might (MIGHT) bother to take you seriously but right now you are talking out of your ass

HAHA. You saying the judge did NOT take a bribe??? Then the burden of proof is on you to support your preposterous claim.

I stated the obvious and don't have to prove a thing.

You are the one accusing, it is on you to prove he did wrong. You have no proof either way.

That's how crazies work. They make claims then when challenged they challenge the challengers to provide proof.

I vote 'don't care'.

Anderson Cooper devoted an hour--or more? to this.

It was finally 'agreed' the affluenza defense was senseless and that the boy had substance abuse issues that should be treated.

The owner of the potential treatment facility reiterated this. Anderson Cooper seemed obsessed with the idea of 'equine therapy'---referenced that over and over again.

If the boy cannot follow the center's plans and the probation requirements--then the judge can revoke the probation and he will end up incarcerated.

Surprising, yes--is there anything that I can do about this --no.

the problem does not rest with the judge

the prosecutors chose to charge him in juvenile court with a determinate sentence

so he isnt going home at least until he is 19

it is still unknown if he gets to go to the plush rehab center

that costs pops 450 grand a year

or if the state will choose a different one

which pops will still be on the hook for

he should have been charged as an adult with a determinate sentence

he still would have spent the next couple of years in a juvi

and then did some time in a state pen

i guess if i had a choice in the matter now after the fact

i would have him in a much cheaper state juvi

leaving more money for the victims to take from pops

[

the prosecutors chose to charge him in juvenile court with a determinate sentence

Hey stupid. The prosecution asked the judge for 20 years. Don't tell us the judge had no choice but probation.

Doubtful. The irony here is that this idiot judge ruled this way because the parents did not teach the child right from wrong by removing the consequences of his actions. Then the judge continues to remove the consequences from his actions.

They call that doublethink.

You don't understand. The judge took a bribe like all judges do. This talk about "affluenza" is just a smoke screen.

oh no. I understand perfectly. You are an idiot that makes wild ass claims without a whit of supporting fact and then demands that you are correct.

When you have something more than accusations I might (MIGHT) bother to take you seriously but right now you are talking out of your ass

Speeders is a full on basket case.

HAHA. You saying the judge did NOT take a bribe??? Then the burden of proof is on you to support your preposterous claim.

I stated the obvious and don't have to prove a thing.

You are the one accusing, it is on you to prove he did wrong. You have no proof either way.

That's how crazies work. They make claims then when challenged they challenge the challengers to provide proof.

You forgot that he is not only asking for proof when he refused to supply any for an asinine assertion but that he is demanding proof of a negative – a task which is not possible.

Yes, the only way an insane mind can cope with the obvious problems that ailment brings about.

Affluenza, As of the most recent publication of the DSM-5 "affluenza" is not a recognized or accepted mental disorder
"Affluenza" is a nonsensical term which at least one psychologist has denounced as junk science. In this example it has been used to facilitate the action of a judge who either was bribed to accommodate a rich kid or who clearly is incompetent and should be recalled.

If Ethan Couch is not responsible for his action because he's been spoiled, then the persons who spoiled him are responsible and should be the focus of retributive justice.

This defense cannot stand. Because if it does it will serve as precedent to excuse any crime by wealthy individuals and it establishes a de facto nobility in American society.

Democrats are the ones that have to make up excuses and ailments for everything in life that isn't "normal" to them. So this completely fabricated bullshit excuse doesn't surprise me in the least.

Trophy's for all!

He's a minor. What did you expect would happen?
In March, 2012, The same judge sentenced a fourteen year-old Black boy to ten years in prison for punching another boy who fell, struck his head, and died. Sentence given to teen in deadly drunk driving crash spurs backlash | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Throwing that punch was a deliberate act -- as was driving while drunk and unlicensed. Killing the punch victim was unintentional homicide -- as was killing the four DUI victims.

There is valid argument that the Black who struck the fatal blow was born into a relatively unrefined culture in which violence is endemic and is regarded as essential evidence of masculinity. So it may be said there is equal rationale on which to base a defense as absurdly valid as is this "Affluenza" nonsense, which in effect serves as precedent to forgive all crimes by the affluent.

I believe this "Affluenza" judgment to be substantial evidence that accumulation of excessive wealth by a small segment of American society has clearly evolved what may be called a neo-aristocracy, a veritable nobility wherein its apparently uncommon members are immune to punishment for violations of the Common Law.

Obviously Justice is blind or so they tell me :eusa_shifty:

[
You forgot that he is not only asking for proof when he refused to supply any for an asinine assertion but that he is demanding proof of a negative – a task which is not possible.

HAHAHAHA. People prove negatives every day you moron. I am presently NOT on the planet mars and my presence here proves it.

You are the dumbest person ever.

[

Hey stupid. The prosecution asked the judge for 20 years. Don't tell us the judge had no choice but probation.

the prosecution asked that he be tried in juvenile court get your shit together

the kid would have been set free at age 19

had he done what you say

he should have been charged as an adult

You're right the problem isnt with this judge its with how whites are treated in the Justice system as a whole and how the rich has influence to prevent them from having consequences like everyone else specifically

If 16 year old criminals are "just kids" and not to be treated like adults, then they shouldn't be allowed to drive. Raise the driving age to 18 or more.

Justice is Different When You're Rich: Check Out the Luxury Digs Where Affluenza Teen Will be "Rehabilitated" | The Daily Sheeple

December 17th, 2013

Remember Texas teenager Ethan Couch, who avoided jail time after drunkenly running over 4 pedestrians and killing them all? Ethan was only given probation after his spree because a psychologist testified that he wasn’t truly responsible, since he was suffering from the ill affects of growing up wealthy, also known as “affluenza”.

Part of Ethan’s “punishment” is attending rehab. He will be confined to the upscale Newport Academy for the length of his rehabilitation.

Straight from the Newport Academy website, here is the description of Ethan’s new home away from home:

Newport Academy only accepts 6 adolescents at any one time into our program. Our gender-specific facilities are completely separate (6 boys, 6 girls). There are over 40 staff to provide care for these 12 total residents.
Newport Academy has on-site horses and facilities for Equine Assisted Psychotherapy. Recognized by many treatment experts as a significant therapeutic process with teens, Newport Academy is the one of the only treatment centers with horses and Equine Therapists on-site.
Newport Academy has “the most beautiful treatment facility in the industry that provides an environment of compassion and caring” (Treatment Magazine, 2009). Between both the Girls and Boys facility, Newport Academy sits on 6 acres of serene, equestrian property located just miles from Newport Beach, California. See our facilities here.
Newport Academy has an on-site gym with new, state-of-the-art equipment. The American Medical Association states that a regular exercise program is a key element of effective teen drug treatment.

If that sounds like too much work, don’t worry – there are also opportunities for recreation. Troubled adolescents can participate in mixed martial arts or take cooking lessons. Massages are offered, and they will also have access to a swimming pool, a basketball court, and 6 landscaped acres.

This is the punishment for a kid who stole beer and drank until his blood was at 3 times the legal limit for an adult. He then drove his F-350 and crashed into four pedestrians, killing all of them on impact. When he crashed, two of his friends were thrown from his vehicle and seriously injured. One of those boys is so severely brain injured he will never walk or talk again.

Rich and white. I wonder how much dough his family will lose when the friends and the victims families he injured/killed in the wreck sue his family?

This is outrageous!!!!! If he was BLACK he'd go to jail FOR LIFE and OWE THE FAMILY MILLIONS AND... hmm... wait a minute... am I saying that backwards? Something about my conservative outrage sounds wrong about that last thing. I'm gonna need a second to figure it out

By finding that the boy was not responsible due to the negligence of his parents, the stage has been set for a massive civil lawsuit against the parents of this rich kid. Justice will be done, financial justice.

Rich and white. I wonder how much dough his family will lose when the friends and the victims families he injured/killed in the wreck sue his family?

Maybe they won't lose a thing. They'll buy off the judges in the civil trials too.

Justice will be done...financial justice and this kid can still experience a life without charges because of money

[

So since he was never taught that bad actions = punishment, they give him probation for drunk driving and killing four fucking people.

HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?

That's just the cover story. The judge took a bribe, but they couldn't admit that.
I'm hoping you're right. Because the alternate possibility is the level of decadence in American culture is such that wealth is seen as immunity from punishment and an outrageous precedent has been established. In effect, this judicial outrage substantiates the emergence of an American aristocracy.

In Dickens' A Tale Of Two Cities, when the Marquis Evremonde's carriage runs over and kills the child of a peasant, the Marquis hands the grieving father a few coins and proceeds on his way.

For some Americans, such as Ethan Couch who has escaped punishment because he suffers from affluenza, these are the best of times. For other Americans, such as the loved ones of the four whom Ethan Couch killed and for the two he paralyzed, these are the worst of times. For those who understand the implications of the successful affluenza defense, these are times that call for guillotines.

Forum List

Back