"Afluenza" kid resentenced to 2 years, 10 years probation. Still too short

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
in the forrest
This was and remains disgusting. He got a max sentence, which means Texas needs to review sentencing in the legislature.

'Affluenza Teen' Gets 2 Years in Adult Jail, Mommy Couldn't Help Him
A Texas district judge ordered ‘affluenza’ Teen Ethan Couch to serve almost two years in jail when Couch appeared in adult court for the first time Wednesday morning, April 13.
District Judge Wayne Salvant stated Couch will be jailed on four consecutive terms, 180 days on each of the four counts of intoxication manslaughter for the four killed when Couch drove drunk in 2013, an amount of time days shy of a two year sentence. Couch was 16-years-old at the time of the drunken driving wreck.

Salvant said he wanted time to review recommendations from the prosecution and Couch’s defense attorneys on the longer jail term he ordered for Couch. The judge also stated he would allow the defense and the prosecution a chance to argue their cases in the coming weeks. “Nothing I do is in stone,” said Salvant, who indicated he “might reconsider.”

Couch turned 19-years-old Monday and his case transferred automatically from the juvenile system to the adult court. The judge said, for now, Couch will remain in the adult maximum-security Lon Evans Correctional Center in Fort Worth where he has been held in a single cell since early February.

The teen entered the courtroom wearing a red Tarrant County jail jumpsuit. He was bearded, his red hair growing out at its roots. Salvant asked Couch repeatedly if he understood the new conditions under the adult system. The judge gave the terms of Couch’s adult probation “consistent” with the terms of his juvenile probation that will continue once Couch completes his jail time.

Couch cannot drink alcohol, take drugs or drive while on probation. He must also seek employment and show proof of employment to his probation officer. Couch will also report to a community supervision officer, submit to house visits, and not engage in criminal activity.

This kid lives about a half mile from me in Ft Worth. He's worthless and belongs in jail. The father is the real asshole responsible for the kids behavior. The mother is the one caught in the middle.

An outrage. This is far too lenient for the deaths this punk caused. His Daddy should serve the time with him, but that isn't legally possible, unfortunately. He should get the maximum as an adult for each death.

This kid lives about a half mile from me in Ft Worth. He's worthless and belongs in jail. The father is the real asshole responsible for the kids behavior. The mother is the one caught in the middle.
If the parents are married then to me the mother is not in the middle. Instead her being married to the word that I can't say only enables him and in my opinion when people become parents, it should be those kids who are put first. She does not set the right example for her boy by staying married to a jerk. All that her staying married to him does is encourage her boy to be just like his dad.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If the parents are married then to me the mother is not in the middle. Instead her being married to the word that I can't say only enables him and in my opinion when people become parents, it should be those kids who are put first. She does not set the right example for her boy by staying married to a jerk. All that her staying married to him does is encourage her boy to be just like his dad.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
His parents were divorced before the accident. His father bought him a mansion and the kid lived alone and unsupervised. I know the woman and she never condoned the kids wild sprees and parties. She had been out of the picture for a few years and lived with another son who is a good kid. In the article click on the red Live On His Own link.
Things are not always what they appear to be.

Fred Couch — who reportedly let Ethan live on his own after his split from Tonya — has had four criminal misdemeanor allegations and 18 traffic citations (paying for nine of those). He’s been arrested in connection with theft, evading arrest and domestic violence. The latter occurred in 1996, when he was accused of assault against his ex-wife Tonya. Fred, according to court records, “intentionally and knowingly caused bodily injury to Tonya Couch by striking [the woman] on or about the face with his hands causing Tonya to fall, and by grabbing [the woman] on or about the neck with his hands, scratching [the woman’s] neck.”

Meet The Parents: Texas 'Affluenza' Teen Ethan Couch's Father & Mother Have Detailed Criminal Records -- ZERO Prison Punishment

Wow a rich white kid got a light sentence? Guess what else? The sun comes up in the mornings!

Or maybe you didnt know the the Justice system isnt fair....Oops

God bless you always!!!

Holly
His parents were divorced before the accident. His father bought him a mansion and the kid lived alone and unsupervised. I know the woman and she never condoned the kids wild sprees and parties. She had been out of the picture for a few years and lived with another son who is a good kid. In the article click on the red Live On His Own link.
Things are not always what they appear to be.

Fred Couch — who reportedly let Ethan live on his own after his split from Tonya — has had four criminal misdemeanor allegations and 18 traffic citations (paying for nine of those). He’s been arrested in connection with theft, evading arrest and domestic violence. The latter occurred in 1996, when he was accused of assault against his ex-wife Tonya. Fred, according to court records, “intentionally and knowingly caused bodily injury to Tonya Couch by striking [the woman] on or about the face with his hands causing Tonya to fall, and by grabbing [the woman] on or about the neck with his hands, scratching [the woman’s] neck.”

Meet The Parents: Texas 'Affluenza' Teen Ethan Couch's Father & Mother Have Detailed Criminal Records -- ZERO Prison Punishment
I saw some of the story that you linked. This part of it rather stood out.

According to a report from Mail Online, citing municipal records, Couch’s father Fred, 48, and mother Tonya have cumulatively racked up more than 20 criminal and traffic offense dating back nearly 25 years, though like their son, neither has felt the steely confines of a prison cell. (Most of the larger cases against the duo had been dismissed, though in two theft cases, Fred made restitution to his accusers, making the cases go away.)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I guess its true what is said about the fruit never falling far from the tree.

I bet this idiot never gets out of the system.

He's going to either get killed in prison, or he'll violate his probation when he gets out.

c5fa403b0f14fad71dd52f556d6bd65b.jpg

^^^ I won't be surprised if he ends up dying in jail. When the lifers find out what little time he was given for taking out them four people, they will turn him into their newest Thanksgiving turkey.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

He broke the terms of his probation. You do that, your sentebnce can change.

He was not retried.

Yep. He should do the entire ten years; giving him probation after proving he's a flight risk with the financial means is ridiculous.

I also haven't heard anything about civil suits being filed against the little vermin's Big Daddy vermin, either. That's a shame, too.

Ah ... they all settled for peanuts. Another travesty.

Couch family settles last suit in fatal wreck

Last edited:
Wow a rich white kid got a light sentence? Guess what else? The sun comes up in the mornings!

Or maybe you didnt know the the Justice system isnt fair....Oops

Lots of people get light sentences besides 'rich white kids'; even Saint Trayvon Martin got away scott free on a couple of criminal acts, as do most offenders, and he likely would have gotten off light if he had killed Zimmerman, which he was trying to do, murder him. He was a'juvenile', too.

We'll hear from this POS again in the future, maiming and/or killing more people no doubt.

Last edited:
Trayvon never was arrested for any crime ever. When you have to lie to make your point, your point is invalid.

You're comparing what you think happened and a hypothetical to the reality that this kid keeps getting off light. Now you can pretend having money to fight charges doesn't matter but if you flat out said that, you'd be laughed at....hard

Trayvon never was arrested for any crime ever. When you have to lie to make your point, your point is invalid.

You're comparing what you think happened and a hypothetical to the reality that this kid keeps getting off light. Now you can pretend having money to fight charges doesn't matter but if you flat out said that, you'd be laughed at....hard

He wasn't arrested because they chose to give him a break because if his age; whether or not you like it is of no relevance. And, I wasn't lying about a thing, which makes you the liar here, and of course having nothing but hyperbolic gibberish you pretty much have to rely on personal attacks, having no principles other than astro-turfing for Da Cause N Stuff.

Forum List

Back