DUI teen doing 70 mph in a 40 zone kills 4 - GETS PROBATION

The incredible highway carnage in america (100 killed EVERY DAY) will continue as long as we keep coddling highway killers. This monster deserved life wo parole.

Ethan Couch crash: Drink driving teen who killed four is spared jail 'because he's rich' | Mail Online

11 December 2013

A judge has let off a 16-year-old boy who killed four people while driving drunk after the teen's lawyers claimed his rich parents spoiled him and never taught him about consequences.

Ethan Couch of Keller, Texas, had faced 20 years behind bars but walked away with 10 years of probation Tuesday, something that angered his victims' families.

Couch's blood alcohol reading was .24 and he also had a Valium in his system after he and a group of friends stole alcohol from Walmart, drank it and later piled into his pick-up truck. Driving 70 miles in a 40 miles per hour zone, he struck and killed four pedestrians as well as injuring two of his own passengers who remain paralyzed.

So since he was never taught that bad actions = punishment, they give him probation for drunk driving and killing four fucking people.

HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE?

Not in a sane world. Regardless of who his parents are, he belongs behind bars for his crime.

The incredible highway carnage in america (100 killed EVERY DAY) will continue as long as we keep coddling highway killers. This monster deserved life wo parole.

11 December 2013

A judge has let off a 16-year-old boy who killed four people while driving drunk after the teen's lawyers claimed his rich parents spoiled him and never taught him about consequences.

Ethan Couch of Keller, Texas, had faced 20 years behind bars but walked away with 10 years of probation Tuesday, something that angered his victims' families.

Couch's blood alcohol reading was .24 and he also had a Valium in his system after he and a group of friends stole alcohol from Walmart, drank it and later piled into his pick-up truck. Driving 70 miles in a 40 miles per hour zone, he struck and killed four pedestrians as well as injuring two of his own passengers who remain paralyzed.

I understand your frustration with the situation, but did you ever stop to think that this kid probably has some issues, substance abuse most likely being one of them? It's unfortunate that this had to happen, but people like this need to get help and learn how to monitor their own behavior. They don't need to be thrown into the prison industrial complex where they'll receive little to no rehabilitation, just so you don't have to worry about them or what they may do next. That's exactly the type of lazy ass ignorant mentality that so many people in this country seem to hold. Treat the problem later by locking people up and throwing away the key, instead of attempting to prevent the problem from happening in the first place.

FOUR TOTALLY INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE DEAD!!! This spoiled brat needs to answer for his crime. It's a shame he has shit for parents, but there are four totally innocent people who died because of his actions. Call it manslaughter, if you must, but he's killed FOUR people because of his choices and his actions. Sixteen is not too old to understand what he's done wrong.

I understand your frustration with the situation, but did you ever stop to think that this kid probably has some issues, substance abuse most likely being one of them? It's unfortunate that this had to happen, but people like this need to get help and learn how to monitor their own behavior. They don't need to be thrown into the prison industrial complex where they'll receive little to no rehabilitation, just so you don't have to worry about them or what they may do next. That's exactly the type of lazy ass ignorant mentality that so many people in this country seem to hold. Treat the problem later by locking people up and throwing away the key, instead of attempting to prevent the problem from happening in the first place.
Rehabilitation? What about the 4 innocent pedestrians that were killed? Do they get a chance at rehabilitation? What about their family members? What kind of justice did they get?

So now we have a new approach here. Let's just forget about providing justice to the 4 victims and their family members, it is far more important that we concern ourselves with rehabilitating the criminal.

And tell me how imprisoning someone for the rest of their life brings any justice to the victims? Does it bring them back from the dead? I don't think so. So your argument is redundant. I'm not saying he should have walked away scott-free. I'm just saying that examining and treating the underlying factors of atrocities such as this is a lot more efficient as far as prevention goes than just throwing someone in a hole and forgetting about them. Though your argument leads me to believe that you're not at all concerned with preventing these instances, you just want people to suffer if they've caused suffering to someone else. Ever hear the saying an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind?

It may not bring back the dead, but it keeps someone totally irresponsible, (and according to his attorneys) totally incapable of discerning right from wrong, from further inflicting his lack of discernment on society as a whole.

You're the nutball who said DUI should be legal!!! You have no cred on this subject, loonybird.

I never said any such thing you fucking retard.

Negged

Yes you did, loonybird. You said what a person does with a legal substance is nobody's business!! I'll never forget that. You are one sick puppy.

And what I do with alcohol is NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS YA MORON. It only becomes your business if I infringe on your rights dumbass.

Nowhere nohow does that translate to making drinking n driving legal.

Fuck you are one STUPID motherfucker

This situation flies in the face of any sense of propriety. The following should not have had much weight at all.

"Emotional age of 12

Earlier Tuesday, a psychologist testified that the teen essentially raised himself.

His parents had a volatile and co-dependent relationship, and had a contentious divorce, said Gary Miller, who began evaluating the teen on the day he was released from a hospital after the wreck.

The parents argued often, which the teen witnessed, Miller said.

The teen’s father “does not have relationships, he takes hostages,” Miller said. Miller described the mother as a desperate woman who used her son as a tool to get her husband to act the way she wanted.

The mother gave the teen things, Miller said. “Her mantra was that if it feels good, do it,” Miller said.

The teen’s intellectual age was 18, but his emotional age was 12, Miller told Boyd."

Teen sentenced to 10 years probation, rehab in 4 deaths | Crime and Safety | News from F...

Boo-hoo. Obviously, he's not viable as a member of society. Shit needs to be locked up in an asylum, then.

That kid, his parents, and that judge as well too may as well get used to looking over their shoulder because that's what they are going to be doing for the rest of their lives due to this.

God bless you and the families of the victims always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am guessing that Casey Anthony girl is happy because she has now got herself some company.

Ethan Couch crash: Drink driving teen who killed four is spared jail 'because he's rich' | Mail Online

11 December 2013

well lets hope that this kid learned something by this

and makes something of his life

he certainly got a second chance

Doubtful. The irony here is that this idiot judge ruled this way because the parents did not teach the child right from wrong by removing the consequences of his actions. Then the judge continues to remove the consequences from his actions.

They call that doublethink.

And Ted Kennedy killed a woman and got elected Senator and his cousin is out of prison on a technicality after killing a 16 year old. So I get your point. It's all money and not political affiliation. Rich Dems are as bad as rich Repub.

Don't forget laura bush committed vehicular homicide in the killing of her former boyfriend and was never charged with anything.??? It's not about political parties, it's about money.

Uhhhh....I was responding to Esmeralda, who brought up Laura Bush and I said exactly what you said.

Judge should be drawn and quartered for allowing such an outrageous defense. Saw an interview with a man whose wife and daughter were killed. Said the max would have been 20 years in jail and he would have been eligible for parole in 2 years. Saw the defense lawyer who praised the decision and said now he can get on with becoming a productive member of society. Saw some fucking idiots here agree with the decision.

I saw that same interview and it made me sick to my stomach. So many judges are in the wrong job. I hope O`Reilly brings this up on The Factor. He usually does when there is an outrageous miscarriage of justice.
Only rags on liberal judges. Bet he don't say a thing about this con judge.

Doubtful. The irony here is that this idiot judge ruled this way because the parents did not teach the child right from wrong by removing the consequences of his actions. Then the judge continues to remove the consequences from his actions.

You don't understand. The judge took a bribe like all judges do. This talk about "affluenza" is just a smoke screen.

You don't understand. The judge took a bribe like all judges do. This talk about "affluenza" is just a smoke screen.

oh no. I understand perfectly. You are an idiot that makes wild ass claims without a whit of supporting fact and then demands that you are correct.

When you have something more than accusations I might (MIGHT) bother to take you seriously but right now you are talking out of your ass

He's a minor. What did you expect would happen?
In March, 2012, The same judge sentenced a fourteen year-old Black boy to ten years in prison for punching another boy who fell, struck his head, and died. Sentence given to teen in deadly drunk driving crash spurs backlash | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Throwing that punch was a deliberate act -- as was driving while drunk and unlicensed. Killing the punch victim was unintentional homicide -- as was killing the four DUI victims.

There is valid argument that the Black who struck the fatal blow was born into a relatively unrefined culture in which violence is endemic and is regarded as essential evidence of masculinity. So it may be said there is equal rationale on which to base a defense as absurdly valid as is this "Affluenza" nonsense, which in effect serves as precedent to forgive all crimes by the affluent.

I believe this "Affluenza" judgment to be substantial evidence that accumulation of excessive wealth by a small segment of American society has clearly evolved what may be called a neo-aristocracy, a veritable nobility wherein its apparently uncommon members are immune to punishment for violations of the Common Law.

Last edited:
[

oh no. I understand perfectly. You are an idiot that makes wild ass claims without a whit of supporting fact and then demands that you are correct.

When you have something more than accusations I might (MIGHT) bother to take you seriously but right now you are talking out of your ass

HAHA. You saying the judge did NOT take a bribe??? Then the burden of proof is on you to support your preposterous claim.

I stated the obvious and don't have to prove a thing.

[

HAHA. You saying the judge did NOT take a bribe??? Then the burden of proof is on you to support your preposterous claim.

I stated the obvious and don't have to prove a thing.

You are the one accusing, it is on you to prove he did wrong. You have no proof either way.

Affluenza, As of the most recent publication of the DSM-5 "affluenza" is not a recognized or accepted mental disorder

Forum List

Back