Drivers Slapped with Record High Insurance Rates: 'It Is Devastating'

i hear ya.....mine went up a hundred a month in the last year.....also never a claim....i was told it went up because of the price of car parts.....i never had a claim why should that affect me?...
The rate hike excuse most heard in the DMV area is because of the rampant theft of Kia's and Hyundai's. Why should I have to pay for someone else's cheapassed car that a 3rd grader can bust a window out of and take off in?

When drivers' licenses are issued by the state and vehicle registrations are issued by the state and license plates are issued by the state and insurance is required by the state, vehicle insurance should be issued by the state. Then, everyone would always know that everyone driving had insurance and the rates would be the lowest possible because the most people possible were involved. Why should private enterprise be enriched due to public laws that require their involvement?

Insurance companies are demanding home repairs or get dropped in the Gulf Coast area. Many who were denied new roofs after storms came through.

They love taking your money but assholes when time to pay out. I put a new roof on no help from them. Adjuster punk kid said no wind damage with my roofer showing it to the asshole.

They know if you dont do it...that mortgage company will take your home without it. Its a damn Racket.
The insurance companies are doing that everywhere. They claim 'climate change' as their excuse.

This one hits home for me. I have several cars, and multiple homes, and my insurance bill for the year, has gotten so ridiculous, I'm likely to sell off some of my estate. You can bet we will be seeing more and more uninsured drivers on the road.

I'm reading the details

After having her car struck three different times at no fault of her own, Williams said she is forced to pay exorbitant fees.

"The first two times, the vehicle was parked," Williams said. "The third time, I was driving and my car was shot up by a gang. All this happened in less than a three-year time frame."

After the third hit, Williams was dropped by the insurance company and now pays "skyrocketing" prices for coverage in addition to paying for the vehicle's lease.

If you are a Republican, weren't you arguing before Obamacare that you wanted insurance companies to be able to not cover pre existing conditions?

While he was involved in a car accident in 2022, it was a hit-and-run, with the other driver fleeing. Despite the fact it wasn't his fault, the accident likely contributed to Campe's nearly $1,000 increase.

I agree care insurance companies need to be regulated better.

You're also talking about young drivers. Younger Americans often see the hit of high insurance premiums the most, as insurers regularly charge young and newer drivers more due to the anticipated higher risk levels.

What are the corporations saying? The insurance industry saw a supply chain slowdown during the pandemic, coupled with labor shortages and inflation. At the same time, theft rates have been consistently high and more driving incidents happened once Americans returned to the office in the aftermath of the coronavirus. This led to more vehicle repairs and higher prices.

Do you realize your story is a commercial for car insurance?

i hear ya.....mine went up a hundred a month in the last year.....also never a claim....i was told it went up because of the price of car parts.....i never had a claim why should that affect me?...
Yea, my insurance guy tried to give me a song and dance. I said yea yea yea, whatever.

I liked that other guys idea. Regulate auto insurance. Hell, socialize it. Make it part of when you go to register your car. Here's your tag and proof of insurance. Then you won't even have to show your insurance and registration. Just read the license plate dummy. LOL.

That would take the profit motive out. How much of that $100 is going to a CEO's paycheck?

Funny but true. I just heard suspected Libstain husband wife team (at work) bitching about $2K auto insurance or something like that going on and on about I am not going to accept this increase. LOL! do you want insurance or not? Do you want to drive around with nothing illegally? You voted for it douche. You own it. The collapse of the Country.

funny it all comes due with 10 million more illegals poured into the Country with Chain migration in progress and the Anchors are dropping like flies on a chicken bone.

Dude! You are living on the Left Coast, governed by Left Coast State Politics, insurance regulation and business climate, taxes and cost of living, by your own choice, at this point. You obviously can afford to choose better.
How do you know that the OP isn't high risk or makes multiple claims?

Dude! You are living on the Left Coast, governed by Left Coast State Politics, insurance regulation and business climate, taxes and cost of living, by your own choice, at this point. You obviously can afford to choose better.

I'm waiting for retirement, then I'm out of here.
You're right though, I made some bad choices years ago, that I have regretted now for many years.

When you see these shyster lawyers advertise on TV about how they can get you really high settlements in law suits they are really telling you how they are driving up your cost of insurance.

By the way, as an aside. The filthy ass Trial Lawyers Association has always been one of the largest contributors to the Democrat Party. Not as much as the greedy unions, anti gun nuts or Environmental Wackos but up there never the less.

Because that isn't how insurance works. You might have a claim tomorrow.

When you see these shyster lawyers advertise on TV about how they can get you really high settlements in law suits they are really telling you how they are driving up your cost of insurance.

By the way, as an aside. The filthy ass Trial Lawyers Association has always been one of the largest contributors to the Democrat Party. Not as much as the greedy unions, anti gun nuts or Environmental Wackos but up there never the less.

I agree.
Every time I see a commercial with lawyers trolling for business, I want to throw something at the TV.

The rate hike excuse most heard in the DMV area is because of the rampant theft of Kia's and Hyundai's. Why should I have to pay for someone else's cheapassed car that a 3rd grader can bust a window out of and take off in?
That's not why. It's because prices of cars and parts and labor have increased, and the average claim amount has increased. Mostly.

That's not why. It's because prices of cars and parts and labor have increased, and the average claim amount has increased. Mostly.
That's not what I've been told and others I have talked to in the area I live (DMV) for the reason for rate hikes. You can't go a couple hours out here without a Kia or Hyundai being stolen.

That's not what I've been told and others I have talked to in the area I live (DMV) for the reason for rate hikes. You can't go a couple hours out here without a Kia or Hyundai being stolen.
Well you got told wrong. And the Kias and hyundais that can be stolen now are older vehicles that are not worth as much. Newer hyundaiS and kiaS cannot be stolen as easily. Or really at all since they have kill switches now.

I already post the Farmers house insurance bill up 47% with the reason....cost to rebuild if disaster strikes. Obiden is getting what they want.....high costs on the middle class.
They have to destroy us to save us. Same story throughout history.

Well you got told wrong. And the Kias and hyundais that can be stolen now are older vehicles that are not worth as much. Newer hyundaiS and kiaS cannot be stolen as easily. Or really at all since they have kill switches now.
" the companies are reportedly saying increasing carjacking incidents are to blame."

"residents who have auto insurance coverage with other companies, including Geico, say their insurance premiums are currently increasing and agents are reportedly blaming carjackings and car thefts across the district."

" the companies are reportedly saying increasing carjacking incidents are to blame."

"residents who have auto insurance coverage with other companies, including Geico, say their insurance premiums are currently increasing and agents are reportedly blaming carjackings and car thefts across the district."
That's one city. We are talking about a 17% increase, nationally. And no, carjackings are not even in the top 5 reasons for the national increase.

Yea, my insurance guy tried to give me a song and dance. I said yea yea yea, whatever.

I liked that other guys idea. Regulate auto insurance. Hell, socialize it. Make it part of when you go to register your car. Here's your tag and proof of insurance. Then you won't even have to show your insurance and registration. Just read the license plate dummy. LOL.

That would take the profit motive out. How much of that $100 is going to a CEO's paycheck?
i have no idea bobo.....in 5 years my ins with geico went from 100.00 to 255.00 a month with no claims no tickets nothing.....progressive gave me the same policy for 50 a month cheaper...

Forum List

Back