Drivers Slapped with Record High Insurance Rates: 'It Is Devastating'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
This one hits home for me. I have several cars, and multiple homes, and my insurance bill for the year, has gotten so ridiculous, I'm likely to sell off some of my estate. You can bet we will be seeing more and more uninsured drivers on the road.

Americans are crumbling under the pressure of their high-cost car insurance premiums. So much so that many have decided to abandon their insurance altogether.

Roughly 45 percent of young Americans say they've thought about going without auto insurance because of the cost, according to a new Deloitte report. And about one in five, or 17 percent, of those surveyed between the ages 18 and 34 say they're already driving uninsured.

Just another fun thing about living in Bidenworld.
Dude! You are living on the Left Coast, governed by Left Coast State Politics, insurance regulation and business climate, taxes and cost of living, by your own choice, at this point. You obviously can afford to choose better.

This one hits home for me. I have several cars, and multiple homes, and my insurance bill for the year, has gotten so ridiculous, I'm likely to sell off some of my estate. You can bet we will be seeing more and more uninsured drivers on the road.

Soon people will just stop buying insurance.

Dude! You are living on the Left Coast, governed by Left Coast State Politics, insurance regulation and business climate, taxes and cost of living, by your own choice, at this point. You obviously can afford to choose better.
Where else is there to go?

This is why you never trust a word the water carrying for Biden media tell you.

Wage is up and it's outpacing inflation. Workers have more money. They conveniently left out home and auto insurance cost.

Those do not have liquid cash ready will use their credit card which leaves them with more debts and interested added.

East TN is nice. My rates have not been sky Rocketing in West TN, either. Probably like you and Eye, I haven't had claims in years. You both coincidentally live in blue states with higher than normal costs of living.

Insurance rates in Florida are through the roof. Homeowners and auto, especially. Welcome to DeSantis' Florida.

Bidenomics! Everything costs more now. Gotta fund those FOUR wars!

How Much Is Car Insurance in Maine? (2024)​

The average cost of a full coverage car insurance policy in Maine is $714 per year or $60 per month, making it the 3rd cheapest state in the country for auto insurance.

Insurance companies are demanding home repairs or get dropped in the Gulf Coast area. Many who were denied new roofs after storms came through.

They love taking your money but assholes when time to pay out. I put a new roof on no help from them. Adjuster punk kid said no wind damage with my roofer showing it to the asshole.

They know if you dont do it...that mortgage company will take your home without it. Its a damn Racket.

I have been selling off RE but not really property insurance driven. I, however, have a wife, 2 of my 3 kids (2 being teenage boys), and 5 vehicles on my car insurance. It is like a blood sacrifice every month when I pay that premium. I periodically remind my wife that it is her fault for getting a speeding ticket though. She was busted for going 28 in a 25 in TN a few years back. The sign said speed limit strictly enforced but she didn't obey it either. :laugh2:

East TN is nice. My rates have not been sky Rocketing in West TN, either. Probably like you and Eye, I haven't had claims in years. You both coincidentally live in blue states with higher than normal costs of living.
Well there's no snow there so that's out for me. I like cold and snow as I get older.

Well there's no snow there so that's out for me. I like cold and snow as I get older.
The only time I like cold and snow is if skiing. So, I travel for that. We had snows and cold, zero and subzero, for a week and that was plenty. I would not like living where the state had high insurance rates, high taxes, high costs of living and pandering to left wing crazies, most of the rest of the year. Good luck with your insurance.

I don't know if this happened in your state but in Michigan, before we ran the Republicans out, they got a bill passed where you can opt out of catastrophic coverage and save money. At first it was like $500 a year in savings. Shit! I signed up for it too.

Then a year later, for a myriad of other reasons, suddenly insurance prices are back to where they were before this legislation. So the insurance companies are getting just as much from us now. Only now if we get in a catastrophic accident, the payout isn't enough anymore.

I got the renewal rates for my Jeep this week - it's up 50% and I've had NO claims in over a decade.
i hear ya.....mine went up a hundred a month in the last year.....also never a claim....i was told it went up because of the price of car parts.....i never had a claim why should that affect me?...

Forum List

Back