Donald Trump staffer admits plagiarism "mistake" in Melania Trump speech

touché being an independent business woman and potentially being first wife is a big difference

and Michelle Obama plagiarized far-left radical organizer Saul Alinsky in her speech.

You are the consummate fool - your critique is both false and 8 years too late. You need to check out stuff before you echo others.

>>
Michelle Obama’s speech was taken from “Rules for Radicals.” Alinsky’s book read:

“The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.”

Michelle’s speech read: ““And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about ‘the world as it is‘ and ‘the world as it should be.’”<<

Mrs.Trump's speech used common phrases we have all used but the press have made such a fuss over it.

It is true that the words of others can inform us and frame our world view. Before Obama, and before Alinsky, a famous American oft repeated, "Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not."

Comporting either Obama or Alinsky as plagiarists is ridiculous, maybe Bobby Kennedy framed his dream speech on the words of others - maybe MLK's I have a dream speech. But to mislead millions of people, as the RNC has done in an effort to spin this matter, tells us much more about the Republican Party than it does about Melanie Trump, who seems to be the victim in this matter.

No copy write on the phrase Melanie spoke, nor the ideas

You Dumbass she probably did read it and agreed with it. The parts taken were pretty universal and generic opinions most of us would agree with. She probably did write it herself with help from Meredith McIver who most likely quoted the plagiarized parts to her and she unaware agreed. This isn't rocket science,none of these guys write their own speeches entirely.

Would you have known it was part of MO's speech?

McIver claims she took parts from a speech Melania admired, being Obama's, and reviewed the speech over the phone with her. So not only did Melania know the lines were lifted, but she didn't write the speech, and the Trump campaign denied any plagiarism. They were lying every step of the way.
So she knew, maybe she sucks a speech writing. Again they were generic and universal comments most of us agree with and to some degree she changed a few words. Who cares if she lifted them?

How do you know she didn't write the rest of her speech with help of course. And Hillary denied and lied about Benghazi among other things but at least Melania didn't get four people killed. I'm not a big Trump supporter but I still think Trump is the lesser of two evils.

Her mistake was in saying she wrote it in the first place. Nobody believes these people write their own speeches. Then the campaign doubles down on denying it only to have a staffer admit to it two days later. It adds to the narrative that Trump's entire campaign is a clusterfuck.
Yeah but so is Hillary's.

You're right nobody believes that they write their own speeches but even with her claiming she wrote it it might not be totally untrue I'm sure she did write bits of it. The whole issue is absurd.

One of Trump supporter's main talking points is that he's not your usual politician, but when you criticize him about certain things the response is, "But Hillary/Obama..." So he's doing everything like a politician. Congrats on breaking the status quo, Trump.

So they don't reviews speeches , she just read it not knowing what she was saying, she said she wrote it herself more then a few time

Meredith McIver, a staff writer for Donald Trump and his presidential campaign, has admitted to taking a portion of Michelle Obama’s 2008 Democratic National Convention speech and using it in Melania Trump’s speech at the Republican National Convention on Monday night.

Donald Trump staffer admits plagiarism mistake in Melania Trump speech

55030469.jpg

Ok this woman is a model people. They are not known for speech writing. Trump didn't pick her for her brain
English isn't her first language either so you'd have to expect she'd need help. Anyone who believes she wrote it even if she said she did is an idiot.

Melania didn't marry Trump because he's sexy. The donald wanted the trophy wife and she wanted the lifestyle. The arrangement is as old as the earth; marriage of convenience.

and Michelle Obama plagiarized far-left radical organizer Saul Alinsky in her speech.

You are the consummate fool - your critique is both false and 8 years too late. You need to check out stuff before you echo others.

>>
Michelle Obama’s speech was taken from “Rules for Radicals.” Alinsky’s book read:

“The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.”

Michelle’s speech read: ““And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about ‘the world as it is‘ and ‘the world as it should be.’”<<

Mrs.Trump's speech used common phrases we have all used but the press have made such a fuss over it.

It is true that the words of others can inform us and frame our world view. Before Obama, and before Alinsky, a famous American oft repeated, "Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not."

Comporting either Obama or Alinsky as plagiarists is ridiculous, maybe Bobby Kennedy framed his dream speech on the words of others - maybe MLK's I have a dream speech. But to mislead millions of people, as the RNC has done in an effort to spin this matter, tells us much more about the Republican Party than it does about Melanie Trump, who seems to be the victim in this matter.

No copy write on the phrase Melanie spoke, nor the ideas

"Copyrights protect expression and patents protects inventions, and neither protect ideas. In both cases the idea is the first critical step, but without some identifiable embodiment of the idea there can be no intellectual property protection obtained and no exclusive rights will flow unto you.

Plagiarism, the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

My best guess is Melanie Trump was given a speech written by a paid speech writer, which was then edicted by a member of the RNC, who was either stupid or intended to embarrass Donald Trump and his handlers.

You Dumbass she probably did read it and agreed with it. The parts taken were pretty universal and generic opinions most of us would agree with. She probably did write it herself with help from Meredith McIver who most likely quoted the plagiarized parts to her and she unaware agreed. This isn't rocket science,none of these guys write their own speeches entirely.

Would you have known it was part of MO's speech?

McIver claims she took parts from a speech Melania admired, being Obama's, and reviewed the speech over the phone with her. So not only did Melania know the lines were lifted, but she didn't write the speech, and the Trump campaign denied any plagiarism. They were lying every step of the way.
So she knew, maybe she sucks a speech writing. Again they were generic and universal comments most of us agree with and to some degree she changed a few words. Who cares if she lifted them?

How do you know she didn't write the rest of her speech with help of course. And Hillary denied and lied about Benghazi among other things but at least Melania didn't get four people killed. I'm not a big Trump supporter but I still think Trump is the lesser of two evils.

Her mistake was in saying she wrote it in the first place. Nobody believes these people write their own speeches. Then the campaign doubles down on denying it only to have a staffer admit to it two days later. It adds to the narrative that Trump's entire campaign is a clusterfuck.

You're right nobody believes that they write their own speeches but even with her claiming she wrote it it might not be totally untrue I'm sure she did write bits of it. The whole issue is absurd.

One of Trump supporter's main talking points is that he's not your usual politician, but when you criticize him about certain things the response is, "But Hillary/Obama..." So he's doing everything like a politician. Congrats on breaking the status quo, Trump.
He's a business man! That automatically = Bull shit. Politicians haven't cornered the market on BS. In business you have to smile,kiss ass and say what gets the job done. Seriously I don't know why anyone is surprised by this.

touché being an independent business woman and potentially being first wife is a big difference

smart, organized, successful, determined, poised, caring...................
I completely understand what you are saying but she is not ready for the shit storm she is entering. Nor do I think she deserves it just because Trump has been made a target for the media.

He's a business man! That automatically = Bull shit. Politicians haven't cornered the market on BS. In business you have to smile,kiss ass and say what gets the job done. Seriously I don't know why anyone is surprised by this.

I'm really getting tired of your backtalk, Marianne. I'm not sending you any more dick pics... this week.

So they don't reviews speeches , she just read it not knowing what she was saying, she said she wrote it herself more then a few time

Meredith McIver, a staff writer for Donald Trump and his presidential campaign, has admitted to taking a portion of Michelle Obama’s 2008 Democratic National Convention speech and using it in Melania Trump’s speech at the Republican National Convention on Monday night.

I completely understand what you are saying but she is not ready for the shit storm she is entering. Nor do I think she deserves it just because Trump has been made a target for the media.
Trump has been made a target for the media? Lol. The guy is running for president.

Trump has been made a target for the media? Lol. The guy is running for president.
oh come on! That guy wipes his ass the wrong way and there is a million articles on it by the end of the day. I'm in no way a trump sympathizer but the media is a little ridiculous when it comes to him.

oh come on! That guy wipes his ass the wrong way and there is a million articles on it by the end of the day. I'm in no way a trump sympathizer but the media is a little ridiculous when it comes to him.
Yeah. Poor trump. All the free media ride he enjoyed during the primaries, and now, surprisingly, he gets bad press for being an insufferable cuntass.

>>

Michelle Obama's speech took common themes, yes - but not literally lifted from Alinksky's book. Compare what you quoted above to this: Was Melania Trump's speech plagiarized from Michelle Obama?

"And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them.

"And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and to pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

And here's the passage from Trump's remarks Monday night that came under scrutiny:

“From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect.

They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily lives. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

Yeah. Poor trump. All the free media ride he enjoyed during the primaries, and now, surprisingly, he gets bad press for being an insufferable cuntass.
I have no reply other then trying to decipher what exactly a cuntass is lmao

But 'my little pony'. "Starlight Sparkle". Are you telling me that was all a load of laughable horseshit?

Forum List

Back