Donald Trump Dealt Major Blow in Election Case

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So, no blanket immunity for Ex-Presidents--how very unfortunate for Trump. No one is above the law.

The federal judge overseeing former President Donald Trump's election subversion case in Washington, D.C., ruled on Friday that Trump does not have immunity from criminal charges regarding his activities as president, rejecting his bid to have the case dismissed.

"Whatever immunities a sitting president may enjoy, the United States has only one chief executive at a time, and that position does not confer a lifelong 'get-out-of-jail-free' pass," U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan wrote in her ruling.

So, no blanket immunity for Ex-Presidents--how very unfortunate for Trump. No one is above the law.

The federal judge overseeing former President Donald Trump's election subversion case in Washington, D.C., ruled on Friday that Trump does not have immunity from criminal charges regarding his activities as president, rejecting his bid to have the case dismissed.
"Whatever immunities a sitting president may enjoy, the United States has only one chief executive at a time, and that position does not confer a lifelong 'get-out-of-jail-free' pass," U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan wrote in her ruling.
Another win for the good guys.

The issue will probably be appealed twice more, and SCOTUS will probably deny hearing it.

Are you a Democrat

Only Joe Biden is above the law.

F0ABSR~1.PNG

Are you a Democrat
Nope...not a Repub either. I tend to be issue-driven. Most people would see me as a left-leaning centrist.
Of course, on this board...y'all think I'm a flaming Lib...LOL!

But both parties are simply vote-gathering machines--with no other real goal than to perpetuate power.

When a man unprincipled in private life desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the ability of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanor—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may 'ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.'"

Alexander Hamilton

Nope...not a Repub either. I tend to be issue-driven. Most people would see me as a left-leaning centrist.
Of course, on this board...y'all think I'm a flaming Lib...LOL!

But both parties are simply vote-gathering machines--with no other real goal than to perpetuate power.
The reason people feel you're a leftist is because you almost never admit that the left is doing what it's doing.

You claim you're a left-leaning centrist....but that's what I keep testing out to be.

I'm sure you're left of me.

How many threads we going to get on this?
As many as it takes.
These folks seem to think that this is some sort of victory and that Trump has received a major defeat, but they're just lying to themselves.

What has happened is the appeals court has just said that any silly fck who wants to sue Trump for any reason can go ahead and do so.
That doesn't mean that most rational courts would throw their case out because it has zero basis in fact, or that they have any standing in the case.
They want to sue Trump for something that he never did. But, this is what all of these court cases are about.
It's purely using the courts to eliminate their primary threat in the next election.
They've arrested a political opponent like most totalitarian governments do, so basically they've destroyed their claims that the US is a democracy that believes in human-rights and fairness under the law.

Last edited:
The reason people feel you're a leftist is because you almost never admit that the left is doing what it's doing.

You claim you're a left-leaning centrist....but that's what I keep testing out to be.

I'm sure you're left of me.
"What the Left is doing...."
You and I disagree on just what the 'left is doing'. You see an overweening attack on what you see as American values.
I see an attempt to assert those values of equality, equity and economic opportunity. For the first time in our history as a nation.
We talked a good game, Liberty and Justice for all--but have always fallen far short of those lofty goals.

I believe that our responses to our issues requires both nuance and context..not knee-jerk expostulations couched in bumper sticker lingo.
Our politic has been hijacked by the extremists..and so they are setting the narrative. We are bombarded with wedge issue spinning and tribal rhetoric.
Yes, that goes for both Left and Right.

I'm sure that I'm to the Left of you..by a considerable degree. That's because you are well to the Right..no matter what pop quiz you cite.

As many as it takes.
These folks seem to think that this is some sort of victory and that Trump has received a major defeat, but they're just lying to themselves.

What has happened is the appeals court has just said that any silly fck who wants to sue Trump for any reason can go ahead and do so.
That doesn't mean that most rational courts would throw their case out because it has zero basis in fact, or that they have any standing in the case.
They want to sue Trump for something that he never did. But, this is what all of these court cases are about.
It's purely using the courts to eliminate their primary threat in the next election.
They've arrested a political opponent like most totalitarian governments do, so basically they've destroyed their claims that the US is a democracy that believes in human-rights and fairness under the law.
This decision was not about civil suit, but rather about whether it was legal to criminally charge an ex-President with criminal acts that occurred while he was in office.
The ruling is that it is, and thus the trial goes forward.

This decision was not about civil suit, but rather about whether it was legal to criminally charge an ex-President with criminal acts that occurred while he was in office.
The ruling is that it is, and thus the trial goes forward.
There were no criminal acts while he was in office other than the criminal acts of those who conducted the coup against him.

I don't see the point of this crap other than the Democrats trying to justify their actions, seeing as how they've already arrest Trump several times like a bunch of tin-horn dictators.

Forum List

Back