Dolly Parton pulls her name from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ballots

If hank williams and nate king cole are in there any bum with a hit record can qualify

and dolly parton has had more than a few
First all, it's Nat, not Nate.

Second from the Rockhall website:
Leaders in the music industry joined together in 1983 to establish the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. One of the Foundation’s many functions is to recognize the contributions of those who have had a significant impact on the evolution, development and perpetuation of rock and roll by inducting them into the Hall of Fame.
Artists become eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Criteria include the influence and significance of the artists’ contributions to the development and perpetuation of rock and roll.

"The country music icon and philanthropist, 76, said in a statement shared on Instagram on Monday that she is "extremely flattered and grateful" to be nominated – but doesn't want the votes to be split because of her nomination. So, she's respectfully bowing out."

I love this lady!! Total class.

She feels that she has not earned the spot on the ballot. And she may be right. But her lack of ego is certainly refreshing.
Her boobs deserve to be in the RR Hall of fame.

Y

elvis yes

he had a country music background and recorded some hank williams songs

but I dont think the Beatles ever did
they listened to the guy....and cite his stuff as something that influenced them....its the way he wrote songs that john liked...nice and simple....

Is Dolly a rocker? No. That hall of fame is a farce. Full of non rock and roll nominees.

Yup.

Like what is a rap and a disco act doing in the rock n roll hall of fame?

Isn't disco like the enemy of rock music,i read in the late 1970's there was a disco demolition night at a sports stadium.

The Rock N Roll Hall of fame judges wouldn't know rock in roll if it blasted their ear drums.

Yup.

Like what is a rap and a disco act doing in the rock n roll hall of fame?

Isn't disco like the enemy of rock music,i read in the late 1970's there was a disco demolition night at a sports stadium.

The Rock N Roll Hall of fame judges wouldn't know rock in roll if it blasted their ear drums.
as we found out by them ignoring Black Sabbath and Deep Purple as long as they did....and now they will do the same with Judas Priest and Iron Maiden...

Has to be voter fraud...

DIEBOLD lives on!

1647291622530.png

as we found out by them ignoring Black Sabbath and Deep Purple as long as they did....and now they will do the same with Judas Priest and Iron Maiden...

Or How they snubbed the Sex Pistols for so many years.

Dolly Parton,eminem are not rock music, wake up you bunch of morons at the rock n roll hall of fame!

Forum List

Back