The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2022 Nominees

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
Indie auteur Beck, rock hitmaker Pat Benatar, art rocker Kate Bush, new wave oddballs Devo, new wave chart-toppers Duran Duran, hip-hop heavyweight Eminem, synth-pop duo Eurythmics, heavy metal fixtures Judas Priest, Afrobeat pioneer Fela Kuti, political rock outfit MC5, proto-punks New York Dolls, country legend Dolly Parton, rap-metal outfit Rage Against the Machine, R&B hitmaker Lionel Richie, pop singer-songwriter Carly Simon, alt hip-hop icons A Tribe Called Quest and pop vocal pro Dionne Warwick are all nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s Class of 2022.
Pretty lame list IMO.
What do you guys think?

Pretty lame list IMO.
What do you guys think?
I think the Rock and Roll HOF should have inducted all the no brainers first. Do I love Pat Benatar? No. But should she be in the HOF? I think so. I don't love Rage but they should be in. Lionel Ritchie, Carly and Dion for sure. Like, i can't believe they aren't already in.

Then we would have a list of people on the fence. So they need to clean up this list and get all these people in the hall of fame.

Then next year we can debate about Psi Gangdumb Styli or Weird Al. Or Katie Perry. Or Lady Gaga. Or Beyonce. Or Pink. People who are great and will probably eventually get in. I'm not saying Katie Perry is great. But she is popular. What about Gwen Stefani? Will she eventually get in? No Doubt. LOL

Dion Warwick is a no brainer. Just ask her. LOL Keep smiling, keep shining, knowing you can always count on me, for sure, that's what friends are for. She owned it in the 70's an 80's right?

I know Pat Benatar. She's the cousin of a friend of mine. I'm happy for her, but I don't see where there's any great level of distinction in her work. The biggest accolade I can think of is, if not for The Buggles, Benatar's "You'd Better Run" would've been the very first video shown on MTV back in 1981, and even that's not absolute.

I dunno', I just don't see where Dionne Warwick is "Rock & Roll"...

They should just call it the Music hall of fame.

It's the MTv effect right now.

Country music has the Country Music Hall Of Fame, and you can be pretty damn certain that bands like Anthrax, Twisted Sister or Cannibal Corpse will never grace those hallowed halls, so why bother inducting people like Dolly Parton, Bob Wills or Hank Williams into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?

There's nothing lame about Beck! Brilliant stuff!

Last edited:
Country music has the Country Music Hall Of Fame, and you can be pretty damn certain that bands like Anthrax, Twisted Sister or Cannibal Corpse will never grace those hallowed halls, so why bother inducting people like Dolly Parton, Bob Wills or Hank Williams into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame?
they are in the early influence category....

I think the Rock and Roll HOF should have inducted all the no brainers first. Do I love Pat Benatar? No. But should she be in the HOF? I think so. I don't love Rage but they should be in. Lionel Ritchie, Carly and Dion for sure. Like, i can't believe they aren't already in.

Then we would have a list of people on the fence. So they need to clean up this list and get all these people in the hall of fame.

Then next year we can debate about Psi Gangdumb Styli or Weird Al. Or Katie Perry. Or Lady Gaga. Or Beyonce. Or Pink. People who are great and will probably eventually get in. I'm not saying Katie Perry is great. But she is popular. What about Gwen Stefani? Will she eventually get in? No Doubt. LOL

Dion Warwick is a no brainer. Just ask her. LOL Keep smiling, keep shining, knowing you can always count on me, for sure, that's what friends are for. She owned it in the 70's an 80's right?
Seems it's time to rename it the music hall of fame.

Forum List

Back