Why Foreigner Isn't In The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
That is a very good question. Consider how many hits and airplay the band has given to the world, it is a legitimate question.

From Lou Gramm talking about Jann Wenner of the RRHOF:
“When we didn't get inducted with our peers, and most of the bands in the era that we were successful in had all gotten into the Hall of Fame, Mick Jones and our manager went to see [Wenner],” Gram recalled. “They had an appointment, and they went to see him and asked him if there was something we had done or said or something that insulted him. They couldn't understand why we weren't brought up for induction.”

“It got real heated,” Gramm said. “And when our manager and Mick got up to leave, [Wenner] said, 'It'll be a cold day in hell before Foreigner gets into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.'"

After all, Foreigner has sold over 80 Million records. And why is Wenner blackballing the band? I would like to know what else was said between Mick and Wenner.

Hot Blooded!

That is a very good question. Consider how many hits and airplay the band has given to the world, it is a legitimate question.

“When we didn't get inducted with our peers, and most of the bands in the era that we were successful in had all gotten into the Hall of Fame, Mick Jones and our manager went to see [Wenner],” Gram recalled. “They had an appointment, and they went to see him and asked him if there was something we had done or said or something that insulted him. They couldn't understand why we weren't brought up for induction.”

“It got real heated,” Gramm said. “And when our manager and Mick got up to leave, [Wenner] said, 'It'll be a cold day in hell before Foreigner gets into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.'"

After all, Foreigner has sold over 80 Million records. And why is Wenner blackballing the band? I would like to know what else was said between Mick and Wenner.

Hot Blooded!

i agree ok....there are a lot of people who have actually contributed to rock who are watching all these lessor acts get in and be nominated.....

i agree ok....there are a lot of people who have actually contributed to rock who are watching all these lessor acts get in and be nominated.....
Like RAP. Ever hear of the rap hall of fame? That's where it belongs.
The RRHOF accolades don't mean that much to me, but it does to those that actually kept the genre going. Maybe Wenner will respond to Lou Gramm.

Like RAP. Ever hear of the rap hall of fame? That's where it belongs.
The RRHOF accolades don't mean that much to me, but it does to those that actually kept the genre going. Maybe Wenner will respond to Lou Gramm.
wenner was kicked off the board i thought a few months ago....

It's a sad joke. So is Wenner being a 'judge' of anything; another spoiled petty little middle class brat doper dumbass.

Foreigner is one of the reasons rock in the 80's sucked. I rate them right up or down there with Jefferson Starship & Asia.

Corporate formula rock churned out to produce crappy mind numbing singles for FM playlists repeated ad nauseum.

Hot Blooded!

They were pretty darm mediocre if you ask me.

Foreigner is one of the reasons rock in the 80's sucked. I rate them right up or down there with Jefferson Starship & Asia.

Corporate formula rock churned out to produce crappy mind numbing singles for FM playlists repeated ad nauseum.
well they sold 80 million records....so someone out there likes them....

Because they really weren't that good.
Being popular doesn't necessarily mean highly talented.
I mean... Backstreet Boys.. Spice Girls...

They wrote what I call bubble gum rock. Upbeat, catchy tunes whose target is young teenagers.

Because they really weren't that good.
Being popular doesn't necessarily mean highly talented.
I mean... Backstreet Boys.. Spice Girls...

They wrote what I call bubble gum rock. Upbeat, catchy tunes whose target is young teenagers.
they deserve to be in the hall over a hell of a lot of people who are in that had nothing to do with rock....

Forum List

Back