DOJ Supports Lawsuit Against Illinois Stay-At-Home Order

lennypartiv

Gold Member
Reaction score
And they should. Conservatives in Illinois want their freedom back.

---“Our governor needs to focus on restoring this state and getting this state back up and running and making it better,” Bailey said later.---

I c h i g o

Diamond Member
Reaction score
1590364977220.png

As Coronavirus death tolls are declining, many Democrat-run states are insisting on keeping their respective economies closed indefinitely. With every day that goes by, a legitimate government emergency intervention is marching toward fascism. Yet, President Donald Trump is accused of being a dictator for saying that he may force the states to give back to the citizens their constitutional rights. Is there a way the president can reopen the economy without being accused of authoritarianism? Monetary incentives may be the answer.

"We must move as a trained and loyal army willing to sacrifice for the good of a common discipline because without such discipline, no progress is made, no leadership becomes effective. We are, I know, ready and willing to submit our lives and property to such discipline, because it makes possible a leadership which aims at a larger good. This I propose to offer, pledging that the larger purposes will bind upon us all as a sacred obligation with a unity of duty hitherto evoked only in time of armed strife.” - Roosevelt

Roosevelt used wartime measures that economists today recognize unnecessarily prolonged the Great Depression by more than a decade.

In 1964, Johnson followed the same formula when in a speech on the Great Society, he declared a “war on poverty,” resulting in a dramatic extension of the welfare state. More than five decades later, the war is still being fought. Emergency law has been normalized.

Similarly, Nixon declared the never-ending “war on drugs” in 1971, which has allowed Mexican drug cartels to become extraordinarily wealthy.

toobfreak

Platinum Member
Reaction score

---“Our governor needs to focus on restoring this state and getting this state back up and running and making it better,” Bailey said later.---

I think it's grand. Keep Chicago shutdown another three months! Can't wait to see what that does to the Windy City!

A whole lotta democrat governors will be losing their jobs soon!

james d

Rookie
Reaction score

Identical lawsuit failed in Michigan:

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List