Does Stand Your Ground apply to everybody?

The STAND YOUR GROUND law was created for scary, wanna be tough Whites to kill Black people. All they have to say is "I thought they were going to hurt me". Think: George Zimmerman. He killed Treyvon Martin and got away with it. His lawyers used the STAND YOUR GROUND defense.
Martin sucker punched Zimmerman, they was beating him on the ground. Zimmerman used his gun in self defense. His lawyers never used stand your ground because he was on his back getting hit. Stop lying boy.

^^^^
This statement is so absolutely, unfathomably false, its inherent error -MUST- be deliberate because no one with the level of intelligence necessary to believe it true does not have the mental capacity to remember to breathe.

Murder - by definition, an unlawful killing - can never be legal.
So spot on! If you shoot and kill an enemy combatant in war, it’s not murder. If a hangman gets the death warrant to hang you and proceeds to comply with that law and determination, it isn’t murder. Similarly, if you put me in a position where I need to use deadly force against you to save my life or the life of some other person, and I proceed to kill you, it also isn’t unlawful and therefore it’s not “murder.”

Our Canuck pal, Donny H, is too brainless to grasp any of this.

Last edited:
Stand your ground is simple kill or be killed, your choice and has more to do if you quicker on the draw than if you don't have a deadly weapon. Then its simply man slaughter as long you don't enjoy killing another human being or have malice or stupid intent. IF there is stupidity then thing about what would you like to have as your last meal.

Does it? My neice says "No", because the STAND YOUR GROUND law doesn't apply to Black men. She says Black men are not allowed to protect themselves the same way Whites are.
What do you gun lovers here think? Is STAND YOUR GROUND an equal opportunity law?

Stand your ground applies in states that have those laws I suppose. Virginia's laws are pretty nuanced, but ultimately it comes down to what the jury thinks they would do in that situation.

Does it? My neice says "No", because the STAND YOUR GROUND law doesn't apply to Black men. She says Black men are not allowed to protect themselves the same way Whites are.
What do you gun lovers here think? Is STAND YOUR GROUND an equal opportunity law?

Actually, research shows that stand your ground laws have benefited black men more than white men……so you fail right there

The STAND YOUR GROUND law was created for scary, wanna be tough Whites to kill Black people. All they have to say is "I thought they were going to hurt me". Think: George Zimmerman. He killed Treyvon Martin and got away with it. His lawyers used the STAND YOUR GROUND defense.

Are you mentally ill? Let me guys……you are actually 10 years old…right?

Stand your ground laws were created to protect law abiding citizens from vicious prosecutors…..

Yes it is just like the self-defense laws apply to everyone.

You don’t know what you are talking about…..

African Americans, women, and the elderly are more likely to benefit from the controversial "stand-your-ground" laws than other groups, according to John Lott Jr., president of the Crime Prevention Research Center.

"Blacks are more likely to be successful in making claims using stand-your-ground than any other racial group. They benefit in many ways," Lott told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

IDIOT, a gun is what most people would use isn't it? (Sorry, I couldn't resist. I usually don't call people names)
No, whatever weapon comes to hand is what a person would use. I have a CCW, but rarely carry. Instead, I carry a folding knife that is easy to deploy. Outside my house that would be my first choice, then rocks and broken bottles or anything available that could be used as a club. What a gun does is allows a five-foot nothing woman the ability to defend herself from a six foot two, three-hundred-pound gorilla like me. Unless a woman is very well trained going up against someone who outweighs her by a hundred pounds or more, has a longer reach and more upper body strength is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
No they didn't. You are ignorant. They used the self-defense defense because Martin attacked Zimmerman and was beating him like a drum. There was an independent witness.

Forum List

Back