Does Anybody Know About Cats With Heart Murmurs?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Can they still have surgeries somehow with just not as much anesthesia or perhaps pain blockers? I'm asking because my cat recently went to a veterinary hospital for testing and they think she has squamous cell carcinoma. It isn't oral though so I don't think it's as dangerous and fatal, but I'm guessing that either surgery or some laser treatment would be the way to go if she has it, unless there's no other way to help her because of her heart murmur and we would have to put her to sleep,.. but I really don't want to do that because she's eating, drinking, and going to the litterbox regularly and is still very much a happy and purring cat so I don't think she's anywhere close to dying yet. Unfortunately I don't think that she's going to have the same lifespan as other cats though, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Can they still have surgeries somehow with just not as much anesthesia or perhaps pain blockers? I'm asking because my cat recently went to a veterinary hospital for testing and they think she has squamous cell carcinoma. It isn't oral though so I don't think it's as dangerous and fatal, but I'm guessing that either surgery or some laser treatment would be the way to go if she has it, unless there's no other way to help her because of her heart murmur and we would have to put her to sleep,.. but I really don't want to do that because she's eating, drinking, and going to the litterbox regularly and is still very much a happy and purring cat so I don't think she's anywhere close to dying yet. Unfortunately I don't think that she's going to have the same lifespan as other cats though, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Sorry. Get a new cat.

• Banned
Sorry. Get a new cat.

In other words are you saying that she wouldn't be able to go through surgery? Sorry, but that's a rather shitty attitude to have if there are actually other options for her unless you're saying that it's completely hopeless either way. Actually that's a shitty attitude to have period, because if she really had to be put down you don't seem like you give a damn about a member of our family.

In other words are you saying that she wouldn't be able to go through surgery? Sorry, but that's a rather shitty attitude to have if there are actually other options for her unless you're saying that it's completely hopeless either way. Actually that's a shitty attitude to have period, because if she really had to be put down you don't seem like you give a damn about a member of our family.
I like cats. We have always had a cat. At the moment we have two cats a Siamese and a gray/brown striped tabby, that we like very much. That said, I am from the country and have put down animals before, and not with a trip to a vet. That is not how it was done on the farm. I don't like to, but no. At a certain point, it is bad to hang on, both for family of the cat (or dog for that matter) and the pet itself. Only you can decide where that point is, as it is your cat.

• Banned
I like cats. We have always had a cat. At the moment we have two cats a Siamese and a gray/brown striped tabby, that we like very much. That said, I am from the country and have put down animals before, and not with a trip to a vet. That is not how it was done on the farm. I don't like to, but no. At a certain point, it is bad to hang on, both for family of the cat (or dog for that matter) and the pet itself. Only you can decide where that point is, as it is your cat.

Well as I said before, she's perfectly happy and not suffering or in any pain and living life normally at this point and we want to do anything and everything we can for her so we don't unnecessarily end her life too early as she's only about nine (we don't know for sure though because we got her from a friend of the family who found her as a stray) and only put her to sleep when we absolutely have to. Just the way you said that sounded bitchy to me.

Heroic veterinarian care for cats is like trying to paint a burning house. Once they start feeling sick they have a kind of death wish. They will find a way to die if they have to go dive under the wheels of a truck.

• Banned
Once they start feeling sick they have a kind of death wish.

She isn't though. She's just itchy with the lumpy bloody scabs in her ear and on her left eyelid and losing some of her fur right now. She's not actually sick or in pain or anything.

The vet said one of my cats had a heart murmur. A friend of mine wanted that kitten so we gave to him. That cat lived to the ripe old age of 23, which is a very long lifespan for a cat.

• Banned
The vet said one of my cats had a heart murmur. A friend of mine wanted that kitten so we gave to him. That cat lived to the ripe old age of 23, which is a very long lifespan for a cat.

That's great, but I'm asking about surgeries when it comes to cancer.

Again the results won't come until probably Monday, but I just wanted to know my options just in case the vet is correct. It also depends on how severe the cancer is and if it's spread if it is confirmed. Which is probably why she'll get X-rays then.

WTF? Do you want some sort of DIY cat cancer surgery advice? This is the wrong website for that.

No, I was just asking if anybody knew whether or not cats with heart murmurs could get surgery done.

Forum List

Back