Does Anybody Know About Cats With Heart Murmurs?

i am gonna be honest here i think your vet sucks....you have been dealing with this a lot longer than needed...the needle drainage thing takes what 10 minutes at the most even with putting the cat asleep if needed..should not have been needed

an aggressive disease needs aggressive treatment...sounds like you are putting out a lot of coin with little results...
now i will admit i am hard on vets...i would never tolerate the delays in treatments you are having

i am gonna be honest here i think your vet sucks....you have been dealing with this a lot longer than needed...the needle drainage thing takes what 10 minutes at the most even with putting the cat asleep if needed..should not have been needed

an aggressive disease needs aggressive treatment...sounds like you are putting out a lot of coin with little results...
now i will admit i am hard on vets...i would never tolerate the delays in treatments you are having

Actually the needle drainage didn't take long at all and she was awake for it. We should be hearing the results tomorrow. If she would have been showing pain or discomfort and stuff like that things would have been done a whole lot quicker, but since she wasn't we were just doing all that we could and can possibly do for her. Once we get an official diagnosis we can go from there.

i would at least explore the laser thing...its not as expensive as surgery...i would have the tumor removed before it spreads

I have had several vets say that scalpel surgery is almost always preferable over laser surgery, including a vet that does both. The animal heals much faster with the knife because the incisions are much thinner with the scalpel than with a laser and doed less damage to the tissue.

Haven't heard anything yet but it's still early in the day here. I'll post updates as soon as I get them.

What grade is her heart murmer? A lot can depend on the grade and whether there are any functional abnormalities in the heart.

What grade is her heart murmer? A lot can depend on the grade and whether there are any functional abnormalities in the heart.

I don't know I don't think the vet told us that last time which is why she is going to be examined by an animal cardiologist if surgery is going to come into the picture. To be perfectly honest with you, I wasn't even aware that heart murmurs had grades.

I just looked it up and I do believe she said that it was barely audible though.

Not for nothing, but you are asking for vet advice on a political board where a lot of the members appear to not even know much about politics...................how in the hell are you going to get sound medical advice on here?

My suggestion? Go to the vet and discuss your options. If you don't like what that vet says, go to another and get a second opinion, then make your decision from there. But, also, be aware that treatments and surgeries for animals can cost almost as much as what they cost for people. Hate to sound a bit callous, but do a cost analysis of what it would take to heal your cat vs. the amount of time you would have with it. Is the cost justified? Only you and your family can answer that.

That being said, I hope things work out for you and your feline. I know that one of the hardest days I've had thus far was when I had to put my cat Cement down because he broke his hip, and I didn't have the 15,000 to get him fixed to keep him around for a couple more years. Had him from the time he was born (held him as soon as he came out of his mother), all the way until he died (held him as the vet put him down). But, the 10 or so years I had with him were great, as he was the best cat I ever knew.

I just asked a family member if the vet had said something and they said that the vet had said 3/6.

Well we never heard anything today. If we don't tomorrow then we're going to call them.

i would be banging their phone as soon as they open....and dont take any answer other than what is wrong with your cat....no waiting on a call back...just get some answers

Forum List

Back