I Don't Know Any Taylor Swift Songs. What's The Big Deal?

🤔.....but...music from the 80s IS the best music ever.

Enjoy it!

My favorite popular music was probably alternative and grunge followed by acid rock and rock. From 75 to 89 music pretty much shit the bed. Disco, hair bands, high pitched males voices, dance video music.

Enjoy it!

My favorite popular music was probably alternative and grunge followed by acid rock and rock. From 75 to 89 music pretty much shit the bed. Disco, hair bands, high pitched males voices, dance video music.
Yeah, I've never liked alternative or grunge. My hard rock taste leans toward Montrose, Alice Cooper, or Jethro Tull. The only Metal I've ever liked was Judas Priest, and I only listened to them originally because my old band's road manager used to be their stage manager. I'm definitely a synth-based and prog rock guy.

Yeah, I've never liked alternative or grunge. My hard rock taste leans toward Montrose, Alice Cooper, or Jethro Tull. The only Metal I've ever liked was Judas Priest, and I only listened to them originally because my old band's road manager used to be their stage manager. I'm definitely a synth-based and prog rock guy.
You are definitely 60+

And you're the dried fuck. :smoke:

If a song comes out that's worth a shit I'll listen to it.
I hate Country music because most of is sounds the same.
It's the same tune with different words.
No you won't because yer fuckin old.

Truly, you are an idiot.
I have heard this from every generation going back to the 1930s.
I recall my grandmother with her 16 1/3 records from the 30s.
Then big band of the 40s
Then rock and roll from the 50
Then the English invasion...
Need I go on?

Everyone thinks "their" music was the best and never move on. The music did, you didn't.
Lol.

All musical taste is subjective as fuck.

I can appreciate talent, even if I don’t care for the music or the genre.

Who gives a rat’s ass if my taste hasn’t kept up with the times and the music? There really isn’t anything wrong with liking the crap one likes. I confess that my taste isn’t all that advanced.

On the other hand, I don’t understand why anybody else gives a shit about my musical “taste” or lack thereof. I mean, I hate opera. Some people love it. I don’t care for Polka. Some folks live for it. Rap and hip hop just I just don’t really get. But other people live it and some of its deeper nuances. Fine by me.

Just like with Oprah......I'm scratching my head wondering why a person (Taylor Swift) is getting so rich and not really contributing much to our lives.

I guess it's who you know that matters.

I hear Soros owns most of her music......so I guess that's a reason.
Now Biden wants her to join his campaign.

I don't have anything against Taylor Swift, but I don't think she's worth what everyone seems to think she is worth.

Check out Taylor Swift and screaming goats on YouTube. It's entertaining.

Just like with Oprah......I'm scratching my head wondering why a person (Taylor Swift) is getting so rich and not really contributing much to our lives.

I guess it's who you know that matters.

I hear Soros owns most of her music......so I guess that's a reason.
Now Biden wants her to join his campaign.

I don't have anything against Taylor Swift, but I don't think she's worth what everyone seems to think she is worth.

She's an entertainer, and sometimes entertainers find a niche that not everyone enjoys. A good part of her wealth comes from the fact that she writes a lot of her own songs and doesn't have to pay writers for them. She's making big bucks right now by riding the wave of fame and popularity. It remains to be seen if she can sustain that wave as she ages and her target demographic find her to be old news, because her style doesn't lend itself to long-term popularity, unless she goes back to her country roots. The last thing a teenager wants is to be caught listening to pop music her mom listened to.

Old, meaning normal.
No. Old. If it helps i only know one of her songs because the daughter and wife would spontaneously do some weird dance to it in front of me while i was watching important WW2 stuff.

If you are older than 20 you are old in this world.

No. Old. If it helps i only know one of her songs because the daughter and wife would spontaneously do some weird dance to it in front of me while i was watching important WW2 stuff.

If you are older than 20 you are old in this world.
Yet I like Harry Potter and Sci-Fi......so I think age is a state of mind, not years.

Forum List

Back