Doctor did not even see me today

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I had a super early appointment and I darted out and the jerk did not even see me
First they said he would then later they lied and said he would not

I did see the pa ??
Vegas is a beyond insufferable and futile

Funny when I post you all from the Dead
Hey it’s Q and I died 3 weeks ago but thought I say hi

1657599652675.png

Even by myself 😞😞

Try to latch onto a time in your life when you felt strong and in control of yourself. Use that to remember what that version of yourself was like. Take measures, even microscopic ones at first, to walk yourself back or forward to again be the person you respected most. Everyone has a fire burning within them, a reactor, no matter how small, from which to draw power and conquer himself and the cosmos of his own small world. If you succumb to the pain of living the grinder of time will end you early. Rekindle the fire within you and find someone or something to live for. Once you're headed into the ground there's no do over.

The Doc is supposed to discuss the MRI and not the PA
When you pulled it up on your computer at home, how did it look? Did you see a problem or did the PA explain it to you?

When you pulled it up on your computer at home, how did it look? Did you see a problem or did the PA explain it to you?
lol
Like i have any understanding of anything medical

The MRI might as well have been a place deep in the cosmos

The Doc is supposed to discuss the MRI and not the PA

The results of an MRI are read by a radiologist, not your doctor. Your doctor then just delivers these results to you, which a PA can do unless there are multiple conflicting complex issues or something. A radiologist is an MD and this is the one you want looking at your MRI because they look at these all the time. So you can trust the results.

The results of an MRI are read by a radiologist, not your doctor. Your doctor then just delivers these results to you, which a PA can do unless there are multiple conflicting complex issues or something. A radiologist is an MD and this is the one you want looking at your MRI because they look at these all the time. So you can trust the results.
The orthopedic interprets the results from the radiologist in order to formulate a plan

lol
Like i have any understanding of anything medical

The MRI might as well have been a place deep in the cosmos
I always get copies on disc of any imaging taken if that is the media, it is on. This is usually at an imaging center, but has been at hospital emergency room out of state, such as my last ski accident, but also my last chest series (harder dealing more with soft or softer tissue). So far, they have all had programs available online, downloadable for my system to view and save images to file, with MRI offering a vast series of views from many angles and depth. This is 2022. If you know what they are looking for, there are images and explanation out there on the net showing similar images and explanations to compare. You just have to do your due diligence if you want to be an informed partner is your own treatment, rather than a slab along for the ride of the professionals.
I lean towards the explanation of my Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician's Assistant, in that order, knowing my Doctor (I selected due to reputation in the industry) for many years, but also knowing looking at images with the views available, is not rocket science. Either the structures are there and of normal configuration or they are not. Do not be intimidated by professionals just because they are professionals. They learned to interpret the images the same way, and mine certainly do not mind, my having the knowledge, inquisitiveness, and diligence to be able to discuss, ask intelligent questions. Remember, it's your nickle, and you have to live with the results of decisions made, not them.

If Quasar is an example of what conservatism does to a person, then count me out.

The whole point of mid-level practitioners is that they can provide routine medical services such as discussing MRI results with patients.

It’s more cost efficient. A doctor *could* go over routine MRI results with you, but it’s often more efficient for a PA to do so.

An RN can do anything a LPN or CNA can do, but it’s more efficient to have the CNA toilet people, the LPN pass the meds while the RN assess the unstable patients.

There are different scopes of practice for a reason. It makes no sense to have the highest paid member of the team do work that the lower paid members are perfectly capable of doing.

I just wish I was that red octopus 🐙
Sleep all day next to the rocks in the ocean

Forum List

Back