Do you think you know all about Combat Vets and PTSD?

stinger, I know a little bit about it.....

Though my father would never admit it, he suffered from at least minor effects of PTSD related to his time in Vietnam. Most of my family never noticed them, as they were rare and relatively minor, but he did have them.

My wife deals with severe PTSD issues related to things that happened to her as a teenager (not military related), so I have some idea of what many of these veterans are going through.
PTSD certainly does not just effect Combat Veterans. Raped men or women, surviving a horrific accident, witnessing a person getting shot etc. It was
unfortunate it took so long to be identified. Some times it described as a sane reaction to the insanity of war or any horrific event.
Here is a link that tells the History of PTSD.

War - PTSD National Center for PTSD
You have good incite into PTSD.

Im in Public Safety.

I've been on two hangings - gunshot wounds - pediatric cardiac arrest - pediatric respiratory arrest - decapitation - fatal car wrecks - gun shot victims - and countless other bad calls.

Trauma and stress plays hard on the body and mind.

Shadow 355
Welcome to the club Shadow. I retired after 22 years of it. A shocking statistics of retired Cops eat their own guns but trauma is a part of the job and we retire and learn to live with it without whining and begging for a psychological related medical disability or beating our wives and shooting our friends. Civilians don't get to use PTSD as a defense in a felony. Read the freaking federal PTSD guidelines. Veterans of the greatest Military in the world can cite PTSD if they were afraid of being attacked sometime during a year or two of being in harms way without even hearing a shot fired in anger. The radical left found a way to diminish the image of the greatest fighting force on the planet without bombing recruitment centers or spitting on Soldiers and PTSD was made to order

What you can do and not do ..... Or claim in court varies from state to state.

PTSD and some other medical problems are diagnosed by the proper medical professionals, with the help of the DSM.

DSM definition - Medical Dictionary: Definitions of Popular Terms Defined on MedicineNet

Defense of a person accused in a court of law is the responsibility of an attorney.

Shadow 355

PTSD? Why do we have to make everything into a mental illness and manufacture medicines for it?

I prefer to think of PTSD as soldiers being too weak for war. The last thing these grown men need is to be coddled and told it isn't their fault, "chemical imbalances" are to blame.

If Americans were not so infatuated with the US military, they would tell these "soldiers" to man up and to stop acting like such goddamn pussies.

You're alive you fucking whiny babies. Get over it.

Last edited:
PTSD? Why do we have to make everything into a mental illness and manufacture medicines for it?

I prefer to think of PTSD as soldiers being too weak for war. The last thing these grown men need is to be coddled and told it isn't their fault, "chemical imbalances" are to blame.

If Americans were not so infatuated with the US military, they would tell these "soldiers" to man up and to stop acting like such goddamn pussies.

You're alive you fucking whiny babies. Get over it.

Gulf War - " Operation Desert Storm"
The highway of death . Bodies & charred bodies burnt up in a long string of vehicles hit by coalition aircraft. Pretty disgusting, and smelly. The todor was horrible.

The mind, the bodies psych, has limitations and psyche problems can occur immediately, or weeks- months and years after.

By the evidence of your posts, you never served. You never done physical training at. 4:30 am, jumped out of an airplane , went on a 12 mile road march with a 50 pound rucksack on your back and in full battle gear and rifle. You never worked three 24 hour days..... Constantly moving and no sleep. You have never been to combat, and dealt with the fear of improvised explosives - enemy snipers and chemical weapons .

So I suggest you keep your mouth shut.

Shadow 355 ( Combat Veteran )

So I suggest you keep your mouth shut.
Sorry bud, I can't be silenced that easy.

I don't care for all the gruesome stories you will inevitably tell me, or all the pity parties you will try to throw for people that were in life threatening situations. If you have a psyche problem like PTSD, you were too weak and unfit for war.

I suggest you keep your mouth shut until you can distinguish from fact and fiction. This is not la la land. Come back to reality.

stinger, I know a little bit about it.....

Though my father would never admit it, he suffered from at least minor effects of PTSD related to his time in Vietnam. Most of my family never noticed them, as they were rare and relatively minor, but he did have them.

My wife deals with severe PTSD issues related to things that happened to her as a teenager (not military related), so I have some idea of what many of these veterans are going through.
PTSD certainly does not just effect Combat Veterans. Raped men or women, surviving a horrific accident, witnessing a person getting shot etc. It was
unfortunate it took so long to be identified. Some times it described as a sane reaction to the insanity of war or any horrific event.
Here is a link that tells the History of PTSD.

War - PTSD National Center for PTSD
You have good incite into PTSD.
I'm convinced that my ex suffered from PTSD after years of abuse by her father. For the following 13 years, I was on the receiving end of her illness.

You have my sympathy. My first gave me 10 years of pure hell that I never understood until we parted. Her brother then told me their foster father had sexually assaulted her from some time. Even if I had known, I really do not think I had the maturity to deal with her problems any longer than I did.

Forum List

Back