Do You Think Conservatives Are A Dying Party?

The reactionary hard right are not dying but are diminishing.

They are an unkillable virus that are found in all conservative parties that survive on hatred and jealousy of their betters.

All countries have them.

The lefty hard liberals are quite similar in emotional motivation.

They are excellent examples of mental diseases.

The present Republican party is the third major conservative party. The first two have gone to that big conservative meeting hall in the sky. America needs two parties however, so maybe conservatives can start again with a new program of some type.

Why does America need two parties? Maybe five would be optimal.
More than two parties are awkward with our present Constitution and the electoral college. The framers did not expect nor intend political parties and it might take some amendments for them to work. Wonder if amendments to our Constitution are easy to get passed?

Actually the electoral college was created to handle more than two parties. However the two parties have made sure that it would be difficult for a third party to ever challenge them. Especially after the 90's

Political parties didn't exist at the time of framing the constitution.

Third parties are problematic for the electoral college because they unavoidably divide one side of the vote more than the other. In essence a third party that's more aligned with the left actually ends up helping the right, or vice versa. This could be fixed with some kind of "final two" election where all the others are primaried out together, but that would require too much of our feeble public.

Congratulations on posting something semi-constructive.

The present Republican party is the third major conservative party. The first two have gone to that big conservative meeting hall in the sky. America needs two parties however, so maybe conservatives can start again with a new program of some type.

More than two parties are awkward with our present Constitution and the electoral college. The framers did not expect nor intend political parties and it might take some amendments for them to work. Wonder if amendments to our Constitution are easy to get passed?

Actually the electoral college was created to handle more than two parties. However the two parties have made sure that it would be difficult for a third party to ever challenge them. Especially after the 90's

Third parties are problematic for the electoral college because they unavoidably divide one side of the vote more than the other. In essence a third party that's more aligned with the left actually ends up helping the right, or vice versa.

And the far the shows once again how they do not understand the history of this nation. They continue to show that they know nothing beyond their programmed talking points.

Proving why the far left should never be allowed to hold office.

Third parties are problematic for the electoral college because they unavoidably divide one side of the vote more than the other. In essence a third party that's more aligned with the left actually ends up helping the right, or vice versa.

And the far the shows once again how they do not understand the history of this nation. They continue to show that they know nothing beyond their programmed talking points.

oops, sorry I pulled your string again.

oops, sorry I pulled your string again.

And the far left drones continue to drone on and on as they show they are not connected to reality..

Kosh continues to demonstrate the mental illness of the far right reactionary drones. He and his ilk are part of a marginalized and weakening factor in Republican politics.

Kosh continues to demonstrate the mental illness of the far right reactionary drones. He and his ilk are part of a marginalized and weakening factor in Republican politics.

Jake continues to demonstrate the mental illness of the far left reactionary drones. He and his ilk are part of a marginalized and weakening factor in Democrat politics.

See how easy that was for me to post meaningless drivel. Took all of five seconds.

Jake continues to demonstrate the mental illness of the far left reactionary drones. He and his ilk are part of a marginalized and weakening factor in Democrat politics. See how easy that was for me to post meaningless drivel. Took all of five seconds.
Yes, when you post it, your drivel is obvious. The far right, along with the far left, got their collective asses kicked in the primaries. That means the far right conservatives, if not dying, are certainly weakened. :)

See how easy it is to reveal Percy as a weak imitator.

Flattery will only reveal his weakness.

I'm an independent, but I feel like if Conservatives continue to carry the same social views, they will eventually die out, since the social views in America have become more progressive. I'm not sure though, since there are so many other components. What do you think?
Not as long as so many dumb americans don't show up to midterm elections.

Jake continues to demonstrate the mental illness of the far left reactionary drones. He and his ilk are part of a marginalized and weakening factor in Democrat politics. See how easy that was for me to post meaningless drivel. Took all of five seconds.
Yes, when you post it, your drivel is obvious. The far right, along with the far left, got their collective asses kicked in the primaries. That means the far right conservatives, if not dying, are certainly weakened. :)

Weak? ...heh...

What primaries are we talking about any way? Last episode in this soap opera had every leftist on the planet sent to the Congressional gulags. Only a delusion could save the Democrat party in 2016.

I'm an independent, but I feel like if Conservatives continue to carry the same social views, they will eventually die out, since the social views in America have become more progressive. I'm not sure though, since there are so many other components. What do you think?
Your OP don't make no sense, are you talking conservative or republicans? Republicans: no they own more governors mansions, state legislatures, then the democrats, own everything except the prom queen.

Conservative: maybe right, they can't change their social view, how could they? Any one under 40 never got the chance to vote for a true conservative

The far right here are whining at the truth.

They got hammered in the primaries.

The GOP is a dying party. There isn't a conservative party in the US. Though I think one could potentially emerge after Jeb Bush loses the next election and be fairly successful. Though if immigration and demographic trends hold, I think the US will move towards a one party state with the Democratic Party in control, and the GOP or whomever in a secondary position. I don't think the GOP will be viable in the long run.

From what I see, there isn't a conservative officially in the race at this point and the GOP has run neo-conservative candidates of late(Bush, McCain, Romney), the last two of whom were milquetoast with no ideological core and they lost decisively. I think one of the problems with the US is it lacks a proper conservative party.

The far left drone that voted for Obama calling someone far right..

Then again anything that s not far left is automatically far right to these drones..

And that is why the far right has lost most of its influence: listening and reiterating the silliness of guys like Steinlight or Kosh..

That is why the far right candidates got hammered in the primaries.

That is why the candidacies of the Santorums and Perrys are of no importance now.

Bush or Christie or just possibly Walker will take the nomination, and the far right can do nothing at all. If Bush or Christie or Walker wins, the centrist Republicans will return in their millions.

"Conservative" is an undefined ideology, not a political party.

I think there's a significant shift going on in this country away from social-conservative views, but neither "Conservatives" nor the GOP are going anywhere.

Many of the framers did not want political parties and made no provision for the them in their new Constitution. Many believed that there were so many political facets they would cancel each other out and thus no parties. Read Washington's farewell address and his political party objections.

I think there's a significant shift going on in this country away from social-conservative views, but neither "Conservatives" nor the GOP are going anywhere.

Actually, 'conservative' is a behavioral trait. I have noticed that you tend to conserve your opinions for those occasions when you wish to make a point.

The far left has done their best to get rid of Conservatives in the (D) party..
Yep, the Dems just had to get on that darn Civil Rights bandwagon. Heh heh heh!

To respond to the OP: Conservatism is not constrained by party affiliation. There are social conservatives and fiscal conservatives. Both parties have people who are liberal on some issues and conservative on others.
Ironically, the majority of Black Christians are conservatives if you measure conservatism as being a good Christian and adhering to "just" laws of the land.

Actually, 'conservative' is a behavioral trait. I have noticed that you tend to conserve your opinions for those occasions when you wish to make a point.

There is an important distinction between "Conservative" and "conserative".

And I am "conservative" with my opinions because I think it's amusing to watch people make assumptions about them. I am always happy to explain them when I'm asked.

Forum List

Back