Do you think changing the filibuster rules was the right thing to do for our future?

Was this the right thing to do for our country?

• No

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • I love lamp

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
This is a very sad day for America. This undermines everything our Founders intended. I don't care about political party or scoring political points. This is a very, very bad thing.

Since our Founders had nothing to do with a 60 vote majority rule in the Senate (this is about 100 years old), I am not too worried about what a minority of a minority think about it.

The GOP were correct to tell Dems they would pay the due when time came.

I am hoping this will make minorities willing to compromise more in the future in hope of influencing legislation without being able to stop it.

The GOP will happily follow the rule in the future when they are in the majority while the Dems bitch.

If this had occurred when the Republicans controlled all three branches, the libs would have completely stroked out...no respect for hypocrites, and all of their grand speeches against it when it was threatened against them, is more ammunition that they're handing the GOP to flip the power in 2014.

Since our Founders had nothing to do with a 60 vote majority rule in the Senate (this is about 100 years old), I am not too worried about what a minority of a minority think about it.

The GOP were correct to tell Dems they would pay the due when time came.

I am hoping this will make minorities willing to compromise more in the future in hope of influencing legislation without being able to stop it.

The GOP will happily follow the rule in the future when they are in the majority while the Dems bitch.
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or recoil in sheer horror.

Not sure what I think about the change yet.

At best it seems like a Band-Aid and a kiss on a compound fracture with arterial damage.

I voted YES absolutely yes. Because now when the democrat party becomes the miniority they can whine all they want but it was THEY and Dirty Harry who pulled their dirty trick. I can't wait for it to back fire on the thieving democrats. It will be great to hear their howl of protest when Republicans use it against the democrats. But you know what I bet the democrats are so low of beings that if they do get kicked to the curb they will change the rule back as lame ducks. Then if the Republicans try to change it back they will cry foul. That is how low the democrat party really has sunk.

But I look at this scumbag move with great joy, although I don't believe that is what they should have done. I look at this way. Everything a liberal ever does the opposite happens from the stated intent. So this too will follow suit and the Republicans will gain greater power over the Democrats and they will pee their panties like little girls.

Last edited:
Yes it was the right thing to do, the Senate gets to make its own rules.

The Republicans should have grown some balls and done this years ago. However, this does show that the Democrats don't think they have anything to lose and payback is going to be a real bitch.

Yes it was the right thing to do, the Senate gets to make its own rules.

The Republicans should have grown some balls and done this years ago. However, this does show that the Democrats don't think they have anything to lose and payback is going to be a real bitch.
The current neoconservative republicans don't have the spine it would take to follow through and nominate a Janice Rogers Brown.

I voted YES absolutely yes. Because now when the democrat party becomes the miniority they can whine all they want but it was THEY and Dirty Harry who pulled their dirty trick. I can't wait for it to back fire on the thieving democrats. It will be great to hear their howl of protest when Republicans use it against the democrats. But you know what I bet the democrats are so low of beings that if they do get kicked to the curb they will change the rule back as lame ducks. Then if the Republicans try to change it back they will cry foul. That is how low the democrat party really has sunk.

But I look at this scumbag move with great joy, although I don't believe that is what they should have done. I look at this way. Everything a liberal ever does the opposite happens from the stated intent. So this too will follow suit and the Republicans will gain greater power over the Democrats and they will pee their panties like little girls.

More wishful thinking from the Pubs

That they have a hope of taking the Senate

Forum List

Back