Do you support unions?

• Yes and I am a Republican

• Yes and I am an independent

• Yes and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Republican

• No and I am an independent

Results are only viewable after voting.
Please get you history right... Unions have been saying for decades that China is taking their jobs and have been fighting to keep them...

You are listening to Right Wing News... Who do you think set up those factories in China or bought the good s from them? Unions(Democratic party) OR Corporations (GOP)?

Think about that?
Facts:This Graph Shows Which Political Party Corporate America Loves the Most
The biggest donor to the GOP was Goldman Sachs... after that the Democrats were biggest recipients of 29 of the 30 biggest.
Assumption again based on BIASED MSM that donated 96% to Hillary she lost the spent 4 years and 92% of news trashing Trump and then donated 90% to Biden. NO one has yet disputed the biased MSM because of the FACTS!
30corpsdonations.png

MSMdonations.png

There's another anti labor Republican belittling workers. How much education does it take to do what you do for a living? Or did?
How is it belittling workers?

How much education, training, and experience did you have when you got your first job as a teenager in high school?

hqdefault-S.jpg

I was a REALTOR for over 45 years. Although I have a degree in a different field all you need is a high-school diploma and however many hours of an approved real estate course to obtain a license. In Florida, that is a 48-hour course. From there, it is up to you and your broker to learn the profession.

How does that matter?

There's another anti labor Republican belittling workers. How much education does it take to do what you do for a living? Or did?

Even if you are a doctor we can say you are overpaid.

I saw what my cop friend did for 30 years on the force in a small/safe city. He made $85K a year to do NOTHING 99% of the time.

My brother got a masters and now he's a VP making $1 million dollars a year. 2 more years of college is worth a lot. Don't you cons discourage people from going to college? That's too ambitious you guys say. Just go be a plumber you say. MAGA? More like Make Americans Average Again. MAAA

We on the right don't discourage people going to college. We on the right discourage people going to college for a degree in things like liberal arts where there's no future or job availability.

The only other time we recommend trade school over college is when people cry about the cost and feel the only possible way to make a good living is by going hundreds of thousands into debt.

My sister sent my niece to college. She got a biology degree. She ended up waiting on tables in Florida. My nephews ex-wife went to college for advertising. She ended up at a bank processing loans. One of the reasons they got a divorce is her female time clock was ticking but my nephew insisted they pay off their college loans before even thinking of starting a family.

thanks to unions china is now doing all our manufacturing

You could say that and not be totally wrong! Don't get me wrong, unions were a great and necessary thing at one time but they ran into three problems:
  1. They never stopped to look at when a good thing was good enough or cared that it was getting so good and on and on with some companies to where it was really cutting into the company's viability and profits to where the company became desperate to be shed of them instead of delighted with the results of treating employees fairly.
  2. They didn't stop to ensure that employee productivity went up along with higher wages and benefits.
  3. The unions themselves became greedy taking too much for themselves and even selling their own workers down the river for backroom deals with the bosses which just benefited the company and themselves by actually shafting the workers.
This resulted in many companies having union workers which much like government employees, became lazy, unproductive, and assured that the bosses and company couldn't do anything about it or them---

---until they finally DID.

Private sector: All in favor of free association...."Free" being the key word.

Bureaucrat unions: Absolutely not....There's nobody representing and bargaining in favor of the taxpayers in those legalized rackets.
Elected officials are supposed to be representing the taxpayers. Instead, they struck a deal with government employee unions that would make organized crime blush. Elected officials jack up the taxes, give the money to the unions, who kick back money to re-elect them and the scam continues. Meanwhile taxpayers get screwed.

You could say that and not be totally wrong! Don't get me wrong, unions were a great and necessary thing at one time but they ran into three problems:
  1. They never stopped to look at when a good thing was good enough or cared that it was getting so good and on and on with some companies to where it was really cutting into the company's viability and profits to where the company became desperate to be shed of them instead of delighted with the results of treating employees fairly.
  2. They didn't stop to ensure that employee productivity went up along with higher wages and benefits.
  3. The unions themselves became greedy taking too much for themselves and even selling their own workers down the river for backroom deals with the bosses which just benefited the company and themselves by actually shafting the workers.
This resulted in many companies having union workers which much like government employees, became lazy, unproductive, and assured that the bosses and company couldn't do anything about it or them---

---until they finally DID.

It was more than just money. It was the virtual taking over of companies where their members worked. Unions had the power to tell them who they could hire, who they could fire, who gets promoted. No company can successfully operate that way for any long period of time.

With all my experiences with unions during my working years, the UAW workers were the worst. Talk about completely useless.

Elected officials are supposed to be representing the taxpayers.

#1 Problem: 99% of those we elect especially after they get reelected a couple of times is to represent everyone BUT us. What really gets me mad is the suggestion that it is my fault and the solution is to next time elect the right person when NO ONE runs on doing all of these stuff, and any more, no matter who you vote for, they end up sticking a knife in our backs.

With all my experiences with unions during my working years, the UAW workers were the worst. Talk about completely useless.

And look where Detroit is today. Thing is, the teacher's union is almost as bad, then there is the lawyer's union, the sports unions and the government union, even if they don't CALL themselves unions.

No they weren't. My source = your chart. Try actually looking at it.
You are partially right as I'm going to do what the BIASED MSM does... parse the words...my distinction: "The biggest donor to the GOP was Goldman Sachs"
at 52% of $11.5 million VS Democrats receiving 47%...so just in case you don't understand the distinction:
Of the total amount donated to political parties, Goldman Sachs made the largest money contribution to GOP or $6,084,000 and almost $6 million to Dems.
Now I went through 30 minutes of effort to find out that of the top 30 companies a total of the $84 million donations OR $34.5 million went to GOP
... and $50.4 MILLION went to Democrats from the top 30 companies or nearly 1.46 TIMES the amount to Democrats vs GOP!
I know, I know... the devil is in the details.

You are partially right as I'm going to do what the BIASED MSM does... parse the words...my distinction: "The biggest donor to the GOP was Goldman Sachs"
at 52% of $11.5 million VS Democrats receiving 47%...so just in case you don't understand the distinction:
Of the total amount donated to political parties, Goldman Sachs made the largest money contribution to GOP or $6,084,000 and almost $6 million to Dems.
Now I went through 30 minutes of effort to find out that of the top 30 companies a total of the $84 million donations OR $34.5 million went to GOP
... and $50.4 MILLION went to Democrats from the top 30 companies or nearly 1.46 TIMES the amount to Democrats vs GOP!
I know, I know... the devil is in the details.
This should tell all Americans the two party crime family is a scam. Both gangs are controlled by ultra wealthy individuals and big multinational corporations. Hence, both gangs do their bidding. It’s a duopoly or uniparty. They do not oppose each other. They oppose the people.

I know, I know... the devil is in the details
When you could have just read the article, then copy / pasted:
First off, there’s a lot more blue than red on the graph, indicating that Democrats rake in most of the political cash from corporate America. Keep in mind that these contributions are coming from employees who work at these companies, not the corporations themselves.
Now picture yourself working for some giant corporation and deciding one day, Hey self, know what? This company pays me way too much. I dunno what to do with it all. Wait,.. I know, I'll give Democrats $400,000 and Republicans $300,000. That'll leave me with several $million to spare.

Hold on,.. what the heck am I doing? First off, this topic concerns unions, not private / pseudo-corporate campaign donations. Next, I've just given more to the Dems than the entire MSM did according to what I just posted:
msmdonations-png.770775

And what the hell? Hillary? Trump? Neither is currently in the WH and Hillary lost a long time ago! So what exactly am I whining about? I dunno.. Some days I'm a real mess!

Last edited:
Any union involving public services should never, ever be allowed.

Even FDR, the Patron Saint of Liberalism knew that to be true.

FDR-X2.png
Something tells me they'll make an exception for the police.

It's like pensions. They are a thing of the past, except for one group. Politicians. And they only have to serve 8 years or 2 terms to get it. Sickening.

How is it belittling workers?

How much education, training, and experience did you have when you got your first job as a teenager in high school?

hqdefault-S.jpg

I was a REALTOR for over 45 years. Although I have a degree in a different field all you need is a high-school diploma and however many hours of an approved real estate course to obtain a license. In Florida, that is a 48-hour course. From there, it is up to you and your broker to learn the profession.

How does that matter?

Real estate is one of the great options for someone who doesn't want to go to college. How many people have gone to college, tried and failed in corporate America, all to end up selling real estate? If you are good, it's a great job huh? I do have one buddy who said he was a baller for 30 years then the housing crash came and that idiot didn't save anything those 30 years. You got to save. You got to assume tough times are ahead right?

My point is that back when my dad got a job at Ford, he didn't even finish high school or get a GED. I don't know how he got the job. He had a Greek accent perhaps they assumed he went to school in Greece, or didn't care? The Big 3 were hiring. I knew a lot of high school grad hillbillies who worked at the Big 3. They made great money, had great benefits and got pensions. Not bad for someone who didn't go to college. Today you Republicans would only want to pay my dad minimum wage. Can't raise a family on minimum wage. So America is worse for anyone who's not good in school. This has shrunk the middle class.

What are some other jobs? You could work at a hotel and rise to become General Manager? Run a fast food chain or any business like Best Buy or Circuit City.

I wonder what I would have done if I didn't go to college. It opened a lot of doors for me. Even though I just got a Communications Bachelor with a minor in Marketing. Check off the box. Now you have to wow them in the interview.

My point is that back when my dad got a job at Ford, he didn't even finish high school or get a GED. I don't know how he got the job. He had a Greek accent perhaps they assumed he went to school in Greece, or didn't care? The Big 3 were hiring. I knew a lot of high school grad hillbillies who worked at the Big 3. They made great money, had great benefits and got pensions. Not bad for someone who didn't go to college. Today you Republicans would only want to pay my dad minimum wage. Can't raise a family on minimum wage. So America is worse for anyone who's not good in school. This has shrunk the middle class.

What are some other jobs? You could work at a hotel and rise to become General Manager? Run a fast food chain or any business like Best Buy or Circuit City.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, there are still plenty of good paying jobs, but they require hands-on work that Americans don't want to do. So this myth that you have to go to college to do well in life, or blue collar work pays too low is nothing but a lie. But blue-collar monkey jobs have been replaced by third-worlders or automation. To get or stay in middle-class requires some effort and training.

Last edited:
And look where Detroit is today. Thing is, the teacher's union is almost as bad, then there is the lawyer's union, the sports unions and the government union, even if they don't CALL themselves unions.
I would pay good money for you to come where I work and tell the Trump loving union linemen I work with what you think about unions.

It would be epic. Truly.

Forum List

Back