Do you support unions?

• Yes and I am a Republican

• Yes and I am an independent

• Yes and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Republican

• No and I am an independent

Results are only viewable after voting.

Read the above quote and get back to me.

It’s not an 85% paycut. Unless you can’t do math either. It’s 15%.

Yes, it is not an 85% pay cut, which is why the person did not make the claim. The claim was non-union people make only 85% of what union worker do. (not 85% less, but 85% of).

If you still do not understand find a 4th grader to explain the math to you.

We just disagree on this. Only one of us though feels the need to make it personal and throw out insults. Do you find that brings a lot of people to your side?

Pretty much it was the one guy. The union won over a few more with empty promises, but not many.

The company could not do anything. Everything was frozen in place. We could not even get our normal raises and bonuses till the process was over.

But the union could throw parties with food and beer even when trying to get people to vote for them. The company could not make any sort of statement pro or con on the union.

Because it is a menial job that a trained chimp could do.
You sure do take the corporations side of the issue.

Doesn't add up. A majority of your coworkers had to have signed cards indicating interest in joining the union, else nothing would have happened.

Nope, no where close to a majority. It does not take a majority for them to come and try...or at least it did not back then.

No, I take my side of the issue. I base it on my experience and that of my wife who works for the Fed Govt and has a union.
Yes my dad worked for Ford Motor and he saw a lot of bullshit that came from the unions.

But now he's enjoying his pension and healthcare benefits he still receives from Ford because he was in a union.

I worked for a shitty union once too. Doesn't mean I'm against unions.

Ever hear the saying don't throw the baby out with the bathwater?

Yes, it is not an 85% pay cut, which is why the person did not make the claim. The claim was non-union people make only 85% of what union worker do. (not 85% less, but 85% of).

If you still do not understand find a 4th grader to explain the math to you.
Read The. Post.

Nope, no where close to a majority. It does not take a majority for them to come and try...or at least it did not back then.
No arguing with anecdotes. Provide the specifics so all can research what actually transpired. Otherwise, maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Year, Company name, Address, Union..

I'm not accusing you of cooking up stories like Ray From Cleveland. But you may just be wishfully misremembering things from long ago..

Last edited:
No arguing with anecdotes. Provide the specifics so all can research what actually transpired. Otherwise, maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Year, Company name, Address, Union..

Emergency One

Ocala Florida

Mid 1980s.

Have no idea what union it was.

Have fun with your research.

You are wrong. Today unions are more necessary than ever. You are a corporate boot licker. Either you are a corporation or top management or you are an idiot who doesn't work for a union and doesn't realize how much unions do to raise even your wages.

It wasn't only 1 person that tried to unionize your shop. And I can just imaging the tactics the company used to get 92% to vote no.

Why does Starbucks pay so shitty?

So far, the labor disputes haven't appeared to dent Starbucks' sales. Starbucks said in November that its revenue rose 3% to a record $8.41 billion in the July-September period.

You can't fire someone for trying to start a union.
So is an average monthly salary of a Starbuck customer support employee is $4,700 per month.
The average salary for a Restaurant Staff is $13.82 per hour in United States or $28,000 per year.
It is so laughable people like you make a totally unsubstantiated statement: "Why does Starbucks pay so shitty?"
and it takes less than a minute to do a search and find the average Starbuck customer support is nearly $30/hour!
If Starbucks is "shitty" at $30/hour then what is NOT "shitty"?

Starbuckpay.png

So is an average monthly salary of a Starbuck customer support employee is $4,700 per month.
The average salary for a Restaurant Staff is $13.82 per hour in United States or $28,000 per year.
It is so laughable people like you make a totally unsubstantiated statement: "Why does Starbucks pay so shitty?"
and it takes less than a minute to do a search and find the average Starbuck customer support is nearly $30/hour!
If Starbucks is "shitty" at $30/hour then what is NOT "shitty"?

View attachment 770623

Average salary, really?

So, riddle me this....One makes $200,000 a year and the other makes $10,000...what is their average salary?

Emergency One

Ocala Florida

Mid 1980s.

Yeah, thanks but that would require a visit to the local library. I did find out that Paterson, NJ is awfully excited about their E-1 firetrucks though. Perhaps it jogs some memories for ya:

Yeah, thanks but that would require a visit to the local library. I did find out that Paterson, NJ is awfully excited about their E-1 firetrucks though. Perhaps it jogs some memories for ya:

At the time it was the largest manufacture of fire apparatus at the time. 100% aluminum cabs. We were selling them all over the world. Great job at the time. Went down hill after the guy that started it sold it off and moved on.

Emergency One

Ocala Florida

Mid 1980s.

I couldn't find anything. What I did find is that you can thank the federal government for this free shit you got

I also found this

With a crime rate of 36 per one thousand residents, Ocala has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 28.

I couldn't find anything. What I did find is that you can thank the federal government for this free shit you got

I also found this

With a crime rate of 36 per one thousand residents, Ocala has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 28.

I moved away in 88 when I joined the Corps, have not been back since.

I am not getting shit from them.

If unions have truly outlived their usefulness, let's see the police and firefighters disband their unions first.

If unions have truly outlived their usefulness, let's see the police and firefighters disband their unions first.
Several local, smaller police forces joined the union while I was a Teamster. The big city ones don't care about them for some reason. We had some local school transportation members too. Many big city police unions are definitely the worst so far as retaining and protecting obviously criminal employees. In general, unions shall persist so long as skilled, dangerous work remains in high demand. Any idiot will do where any idiot will do.

Forum List

Back