• No and I am a Democrat

• No and I am a Republican

• No and I am an independent

Results are only viewable after voting.

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
I believe that over 95% of America supports unions. But I wonder if that was the case in the 1940s or maybe it has changed today. I want to be able to convince as many people as possible here that unions are pro American, they are pro Christian they are pro traditions. They are pro civil liberties, they are pro second amendment, they are pro police and pro firefighters and pro military.

Yes there are corrupt union leaders yes they are corrupt teachers, yes there are corrupt police officers, yes there are corrupt members of the NAACP, yes there are corrupt members of the United States government. There’s corruption in every country in the world. America stands out as the most liberal and free country at all of human history. Our middle class, our military , and our economy is the best in the world because of American greatness, Because of our glorious victory in World War II where we saved the free world with our brave Soviet , Chinese and British allies ….and because of the steel workers and United States military, and the will of the American men and women through history…they all made our country great and glorious.

Rather than going to a very long post as I often do I’ll make this as short as possible. I can’t think of a better image and video to show then the one below. Because after all all of the conservatives here who say they love America who say they stand by the Second Amendment, who they who say they stand by family, Christianity and American traditions I only ask you to just look briefly at the following video because the very people you aspire to be …well they are the men and the women of the following video. The steel workers of the following video who contributed to World War II who fought in World War II. Who fought in the Vietnam war who came home and who were able to get a steel job that set them for life. I can’t think of anything else to bring forward to prove my point gentlemen and ladies. I can’t think of anything else other than this. These were and are unionized workers these are steel workers.

That is patriotism^

The power of American steel we see that above. The power of American greatness in manufacturing we see this above. Our bridges are roads, our road signs and so much more come from steel. Just the term “American steel” sounds so awesome and strong.

Last edited:
I believe that over 95% of America supports unions. But I wonder if that was the case in the 1940s or maybe it has changed today. I want to be able to convince as many people as possible here that unions are pro American, they are pro Christian they are pro traditions. They are pro civil liberties, they are pro second amendment, they are pro police and pro firefighters and pro military.

Yes there are corrupt union leaders yes they are corrupt teachers, yes there are corrupt police officers, yes there are corrupt members of the NAACP, yes there are corrupt members of the United States government. There’s corruption in every country in the world. America stands out as the most liberal and free country at all of human history. Our middle class, our military , and our economy is the best in the world because of American greatness, Because of our glorious victory in World War II where we saved the free world with our brave Soviet , Chinese and British allies ….and because of the steel workers and United States military, and the will of the American men and women through history…they all made our country great and glorious.

Rather than going to a very long post as I often do I’ll make this as short as possible. I can’t think of a better image and video to show then the one below. Because after all all of the conservatives here who say they love America who say they stand by the Second Amendment, who they who say they stand by family, Christianity and American traditions I only ask you to just look briefly at the following video because the very people you aspire to be …well they are the men and the women of the following video. The steel workers of the following video who contributed to World War II who fought in World War II. Who fought in the Vietnam war who came home and who were able to get a steel job that set them for life. I can’t think of anything else to bring forward to prove my point gentlemen and ladies. I can’t think of anything else other than this. These were and are unionized workers these are steel workers.

That is patriotism^

The power of American steel we see that above. The power of American greatness in manufacturing we see this above. Our bridges are roads, our road signs and so much more come from steel. Just the term “American steel” sounds so awesome and strong.

I see the point in Private Sector unions, but public sector unions need to be ended.....

That is patriotism^

And once again you would be wrong. 71% is the numbers but that's way up from 2009 when only 48% of Americans approved of unions.

That is patriotism^

Do I support unions? It depends on what they are doing and why they had to organize in the first place.

why do govt workers get treated better than private ones?...they dont have asshole managers?....
Most government agencies have some kind of inspectors general or procedure that investigates and records become public, to protect the employees from capricious assholes in supervisory positions, but they still get a way with a lot on both sides of the management/employee fence.

Most government agencies have some kind of inspectors general or procedure that investigates and records become public, to protect the employees from capricious assholes in supervisory positions, but they still get a way with a lot on both sides of the management/employee fence.
i can only speak for the Post Office.....and the only people that stood up for them was the Union.....and the PO has a LOT of assholes in management...lots of them....

I am agnostic on them. I think they have done some good over time and have done some bad over time, and largely are useless today in part because they often divide their own ranks, negotiating for the older workers at the expense of the younger ones, and in part because most of the stuff they normally were strong on have been incorporated into laws and regulations. I mean if I had to choose between having my local whatever help me, or OSHA or the department of labor on my side, I would go with the latter. Why give a union a chunk of my check if I can bring down the government's iron fist.

That is patriotism^

Politicians bribe unions with juicy contracts if they give them their vote. This is a corrupt system that costs tax payers BILLIONS of dollars.

And once again you would be wrong. 71% is the numbers but that's way up from 2009 when only 48% of Americans approved of unions.
I think it's a lot like congress.

When UPS went on strike about 25 years ago (wow--where does the time go) the union shop I worked in shifted it's shipping from UPS to ABF Freightways. I wasn't a member of the union...I worked in distribution which wasn't a union shop. But anyway the UPS strike was one of those, "What in the hell are they complaining about?" things we talked about. UPS folks made a great living compared to other delivery drivers and relative to the skill-set they had to have. Of course, when it was "our union", the negotiations were tense but fair, the pay increases gained and concessions lost were well-reasoned, and we all sang kumbahyah at the end of it.

If you asked for the approval rate of Congress as a whole, the approval rate is in the low single digits. Yet incumbents win most of the time. It's always "the other guy's" union, congressman, etc...

Do I support unions? It depends on what they are doing and why they had to organize in the first place.
For me it’s enough of a general question. I feel the same thing as asking do you support the police do you support the military.

I support the police in general. I support the military in general. I support unions in general because these are all pro American and pro Christian. They bring glory and wealthy people. Again people don’t understand that in the American past unions prevented sweatshops we would have sweatshops today with 10 year olds working starvation wages if it wasn’t for unions. We would have a one dollar an hour minimum wage if not less if it wasn’t for unions. We would have people working 14 hours a day unable to enjoy them self and go on vacations if it wasn’t for unions.

I’ve done everything I can. I can’t think of anything else to do I’m showing videos from the American pass and every single Republican who claims to stand for patriotism who claims to stand for American oil and steel what more can I possibly do. I’m showing them oil I’m showing them steel, I’m showing them how our skyscrapers how are bridges were built by steel all of these were done with union jobs. I certainly believe that if I showed this in public it would win over 95% of all Americans. But there’s a communication issue here on the Internet that the people who are against unions are not seeing. And I could do a better job communicating this thread

I admire the oil industry, the steel industry and the auto industry these are all unionized. Folks what more do you want to see my friends in order to say you support unions.

At this point I’m trying to win over everyone to the side of unions by showing them that the Americans of the past supported the unions. I think the American culture today is really screwed up

People keep talking about things that I am not envisioning that is really what is upsetting. Perhaps I could do a better job with communications because every single person on this form who has opposed unions has not commented on World War II, they don’t comment on the steelmills they don’t comment at the sight of strong men and women who had great jobs that set them for life. We have a problem in our country today with a high divorce rate, high obesity rates, Americans are keep eating McDonald’s. We have fast food chains all over the place ….what happened to the proud site of American factories.

everyone should talk about the good unions … I see the critics of unions ..they’re not talking about the 1940s 1950s 1960s that was a golden era in the United States of America

Last edited:

That is patriotism^

unions have been great for China....all our jobs are over there now

There is never an easy answer. Municipal unions might be a good idea or they might result in the bankruptcy of small municipalities while they bankroll slick union leaders. .

Hossfly

Brother of all people I would’ve thought you would vote pro union.

what do you think about the 1950s when our country had honor and integrity and we could go get a job at the steel mill. Look at how disgusting our country is today look at the people in charge what is the bankers. I stand by American strength and dignity. What religion are you?

There’s a ton of people in banking… who oppose unions. All about wealth greed money. Who’s side are you on ?

Forum List

Back