Do You Remember Fire Drills?

I can understand on active or suspect shooter, but not a bomb threat.
I'm not an expert on this part, but I think there is also the aspect of the potential of remote detonation by someone watching the school being motivated to push the button if they see everyone being evacuated. My relevant expertise is in close quarters, hand to hand. If someone wants to harm my students, they have to come through me. Beyond that, I'll leave the strategy to those who I sure hope know better.

I'm just sure they want to avoid a Beslan situation.

I'm not an expert on this part, but I think there is also the aspect of the potential of remote detonation by someone watching the school being motivated to push the button if they see everyone being evacuated. My relevant expertise is in close quarters, hand to hand. If someone wants to harm my students, they have to come through me. Beyond that, I'll leave the strategy to those who I sure hope know better.

I'm just sure they want to avoid a Beslan situation.
I just didn't know. My experience was as a student back in 1971 or 72. This was the old days. The first time, I think we ended up buying new locks for our lockers. All false. The firebombing of the school was at night with nobody there. And yes, it was a little sick fk that went there.

Kids stacked against the walls like chord wood, sitting leaning against each other in duck and cover position and sometimes in the dark. Our school even practiced it with flashlight getting us down the stairs and lining the walls, fitting us all in.
1704592103126.png

Looks like you just 'dated' yourself W6..... ;)
1704592125583.png

but hey, they just don't build desks like they used to.....

~S~

View attachment 884514
Looks like you just 'dated' yourself W6..... ;)
View attachment 884515

but hey, they just don't build desks like they used to.....

~S~
With what we know now, they were keepin it real.., Real Stupid.
People don't realize, most people had never even see the classified government footage, common on YouTube, only the aftermath pictures WWII Japan.
It was a strange time and surreal drills of little kids.

I remember grade school being the only school having bomb drills. Middle School and High School didn't have bomb drills.
We had to sit in the hallways, crouched down, with our hands over our heads........like that was going to save us from a nuclear attack or a bomb blowing up our school......ROFL!

I think we had a couple of fire drills in middle school, but I don't remember any kind of drills in high school.

We had fire drills that put everyone outside, and we also had tornado drills where we gathered in appointed windowless spaces within the building.

Forum List

Back