Do You Remember Fire Drills?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
This just randomly popped up on my recommended YouTube page. I'm glad that finally somebody brought it up. 😆 (I mean I know that you obviously can't run and trample each other but come on! XD)

This just randomly popped up on my recommended YouTube page. I'm glad that finally somebody brought it up. 😆 (I mean I know that you obviously can't run and trample each other but come on! XD)

You should have been around for the nuke drills in the 60s (it wasn't just hiding under desks if we saw the flash) for the trips to the basement hallway. Kids stacked against the walls like chord wood, sitting leaning against each other in duck and cover position and sometimes in the dark. Our school even practiced it with flashlight getting us down the stairs and lining the walls, fitting us all in. They did this in case electricity had already been knocked out, the stairs going down and the basement hall being totally black, as there was not much in the way of battery emergency lighting back then. Ah, the good old days.;)

Last edited:
You should have been around for the nuke drills in the 60s (it wasn't just hiding under desks if we saw the flash) for the trips to the basement hallway. Kids stacked against the walls like chord wood, sitting leaning against each other in duck and cover position. Our school even practiced it with flashlight getting us down the stairs and lining the walls, fitting us all in. They did this in case electricity had already been knocked out, the stairs going down and the basement hall being totally black, as there was not much in the way of battery emergency lighting back then. Ah, the good old days.;)
We did the same thing
Our school had a bomb shelter in the basement

1704583853290.png

We were assembled by where we lived in case we had to be evacuated

Last edited:

that wasn't the fire drill. they line up like that so the active shooter canfeel like he's at the carnival shootin' gallery. .

We still have fire drills.

And now lockdown drills.
Hey Unk. Do you guy have bomb breaks? That is what we used to call the at Lone Oak High School, in Lone Oak, Kentucky, just outside Paducah. They became frequent in my Junior year, when some idiot would call in, saying there was a bomb in the school. It was just like the fire drills, but with PA and megaphone announcements on the back parking lot away from the school. Talk about a cluster fk.

Hey Unk. Do you guy have bomb breaks? ...
If there is a bomb threat, or a "swatting," schools go into a lockdown. The police arrive and search the school. Happened at my school and several others very recently. Brought in the dogs and searched the whole place. Nothing found. About a two hour lockdown.

In another district where I taught years ago, one day there were bomb threats called into EVERY school in the district at just about the same time. The police of course had to go check and search every school.

Almost 10 banks in the area were robbed that day.

Your obvious lack of an education is explained by your idiotic attitude and stupid fantasies. Congratulations on being nothing more than a mindless animal telling pathetic little stories. Enjoy.
So much for teenage angst. Deleted Post. Don't repost like that on the board, even in the basement.
That is totally unacceptable to advocate it being any kind of OK to kill Teachers. You ought to be ashamed of yourself, Cat Breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is a bomb threat, or a "swatting," schools go into a lockdown. The police arrive and search the school. Happened at my school and several others very recently. Brought in the dogs and searched the whole place. Nothing found. About a two hour lockdown.
Wait. You lock down in the classrooms, to wait for the dogs to find it all clear or the kids blown up in place, whichever comes first? What am I not understanding?

I admit. It was a large high school. And it is true, they never ever had as many kids back in class as before the bomb threat if we came back that day or not, especially if it was cold outside. When it went, there wasn't any going back to lockers for coats and while not as cold as your neck of the woods, we were out there once with light snow falling.

Wait. You lock down in the classrooms, to wait for the dogs to find it all clear or the kids blown up in place, whichever comes first? What am I not understanding?
The idea is that they don't want a bomb threat to flush everyone out of the school and into a hail of potential bullets.

The idea is that they don't want a bomb threat to flush everyone out of the school and into a hail of potential bullets.
I can understand on active or suspect shooter, but not a bomb threat.

Forum List

Back