Zone1 Do you ever feel betrayed by God?

And some of us are paying for others sins and have for decades. You wouldn't know the details though and those who know the truth sure as hell wouldn't repeat it. They know what they did.
Only if your forefathers 4 generations or less did bad. As a person that's lived in this world, I notice the "bad" diminishes from generation to generation as well. It's just the way the world was made. Karma works like clockwork. If you mess with it, you're going to lose.

You pray, you try and walk the righteous path but God punished you. Have you felt this way? If so, how do you overcome the feeling?
No. Life was never meant to be easy. Each experience has a lesson to be learned.

When you've been sawn in half like one of the apostles, then you can wonder -- but THEY never did.

Only if your forefathers 4 generations or less did bad.

A long time ago I made a pact, "don't lie". Maybe a little white lie now and again, but try and be legitimately honest no matter how bad it appears or how much it embarrasses etc.

You can bet the farm, some of us have been royalty screwed and the worst approach the U.S can take is to emulate us.

A long time ago I made a pact, "don't lie". Maybe a little white lie now and again, but try and be legitimately honest no matter how bad it appears or how much it embarrasses etc.

You can bet the farm, some of us have been royalty screwed and the worst approach the U.S can take is to emulate us.
I don't really understand what you're getting at.

I don't really understand what you're getting at.

I decided to be transparent and honest, to a fault at times.

My only hope and prayer was that there were enough good people to defend such a position.

As for God, I've prayed for a long time. It's tough to get an answer.

I decided to be transparent and honest, to a fault at times.

My only hope and prayer was that there were enough good people to defend such a position.

As for God, I've prayed for a long time. It's tough to get an answer.
I wouldn't depend on the middle part, but trust God.

Also know that you're doing the right thing.

Last edited:
You pray, you try and walk the righteous path but God punished you. Have you felt this way? If so, how do you overcome the feeling?
What if we are but specks of insignificant matter in the mind of the cosmic creator? Then what? Then I suppose we've no one to blame but the man in the mirror. There is no righteous path for the wicked, just as there are no wise men; we are all corrupt and craven. Do you really think you can bribe a cosmic being into giving you rewards with your good behavior? Talk about an epic case of hubris. Vanity at such a level should not be rewarded.

Good behavior should be something we do automatically—not for the motivation and purpose of receiving some kind of reward . . . like a dog. I believe people have God all wrong. If God gave us uninhibited free will then that absolves him from pretty much everything bad that can happen to us under the sun.

People should also keep in mind . . . the events of the bible, if true, are past tense—extreme past tense. What happened thousands of years ago is very likely done and over and long ended. Ah, well, I'm ranting.

I think God owes us at least a few basic things.. I mean, who among us asked to be born into this hideous world?
Man, that takes balls. God allowed His beloved son to suffer and die on a cross so you could spend an eternity as the Royal Son of the Most High. He wipes your slate clean and gives you a perfect record, covered in the blood of Christ to make sure you end up with Him forever and not the oppressor. What else do you think He owes you?

shockedcanadian, This is earth, where the rain falls on the just and the unjust.
And Satan goes to and fro causing hardship where ever he can. And no one promised us a rose garden. I know you know that though.
If you feel like Job then remember that God stayed very close to Job during his oppression. And remember how much faith God had in Job's loyalty, and how very much He loved him. You have that same loyalty. And, Job is doing great right now! Take comfort in that. Your misery is temporary.
Even if you never have another happy day on this earth, remember we are only here for a vapor, and what we have to look forward to is worth the trouble. Perhaps you are learning a lesson in long suffering to prepare you for your work in eternity. God works that way. This is merely basic training. Don't lose faith. He is with you always. And he'll get you through this. Pray for the peace that surpasses understanding.
Praise His name in the sunshine and the rain. He's got you...

Last edited:
What if we are but specks of insignificant matter in the mind of the cosmic creator? Then what? Then I suppose we've no one to blame but the man in the mirror. There is no righteous path for the wicked, just as there are no wise men; we are all corrupt and craven. Do you really think you can bribe a cosmic being into giving you rewards with your good behavior? Talk about an epic case of hubris. Vanity at such a level should not be rewarded.

Good behavior should be something we do automatically—not for the motivation and purpose of receiving some kind of reward . . . like a dog. I believe people have God all wrong. If God gave us uninhibited free will then that absolves him from pretty much everything bad that can happen to us under the sun.

People should also keep in mind . . . the events of the bible, if true, are past tense—extreme past tense. What happened thousands of years ago is very likely done and over and long ended. Ah, well, I'm ranting.

It's not specifically the "good behaviour" that I expect to be rewarded, loyalty and Faith maybe that what is in ones heart is known to God. It's moreso the evil deeds and those who bear false witness that I would expect to be prevented from success.

Nope. God gave me a chance the rest is upto me. If things are messed up it is a sure sign ya need to change your approach.

I've tried every approach. Victims of state abuses don't receive support from the very apparatuses that ruin them.

We have to do good before we pass, it's mandatory. This is the way to overcome the evil around us.

It is difficult to do good when one is oppressed.
for sure... sounds like a prayer I once said to God..

Sometimes you do wonder... why He allows so much evil... you can't help but wonder... But the fact that the earth is swarming with those not-always-trustworthy creatures called humans... well, there u go.. God gives them free will and most of them use/abuse their freedom to do EVIL. That's why Jesus said that FEW find the way to eternal life.

PTSD is the best explanation I can raise. It's a really worrisome issue.
I'm w / Calypso.. If you stay, you are allowing and enabling evil. It seems to me both of you may be better off separated.. That's just my view, not saying you should do what I or anyone else suggests... But anything that furthers evil is evil itself... that much I know

I'm w / Calypso.. If you stay, you are allowing and enabling evil. It seems to me both of you may be better off separated.. That's just my view, not saying you should do what I or anyone else suggests... But anything that furthers evil is evil itself... that much I know

There is nowhere for me to go, this is my home.

It may be time to sell, I am financially strapped.

PTSD is the best explanation I can raise. It's a really worrisome issue.
I have that, severely, so I can empathize

Again, what broke my addiction to an evil person was the rosary. I can't say that all my problems went away after praying it... but.. well, let's just say certain things changed, even for the better.. other things, not so much... That's life, though.. God is probably up there in heaven saying to all us Christians "I never promised you a rose garden"

Forum List

Back