Do We Need More Tolerance, Or Do We Just Need Less Narcissism?

I whooped your ass last November, tissue? :laugh: We control the House, the Senate, the White House, the next several SCOTUS nominations and you control, well nothing. Ha ha its still funny you lost

.....and you're doing a "fantastic" job with that repeal and replace, that wall, that tax reform, that infrastructure, those millions of jobs from China.....should I go on with your "praises"???..............LOL

Ace referencing a Jim Geraghty article regarding people who seem to equate what they like to do or how they like to think with the view that everyone should like those things or think that way.

Do We Need More Tolerance, Or Do We Just Need Less Narcissism?

"I'm a childless adult, telling all of you people out there to stop having children." "I'm a vegan, telling you that you have to stop eating meat." "I'm an urbanite who doesn't own a car, telling you that your automobile is destroying the planet and gas taxes should be higher to support the costs of mass transit."

The not-so-subtle subtext is, "why arent you more like me?"

And the simple answer from most people is "because I dont want to be more like you."
[\QUOTE]

But I don't expect the left to understand this or to care even if they did to understand, because like most cultists who are in a religion not for the actual religion or learning or quickening of the spirit, but just for the unearned sense of superiority and a list of new insults to cast upon others, they really do not give a shit whether anyone leads a good life.

They're in this for the narcissism. They're in this for the preening. They are in this to fill the emptiness of their souls with something warm and fulfilling and offering them an easy feeling of superiority -- in short, they're in it precisely for the hatred, so telling them "you'd be better at spreading your Religion-Without-God without all the hatred" is a pointless endeavor.

It's the only reason they're the anti-church in the first place.

These are arguments between people who bank on commentary for the most part.

I watched this in action with Amanda Marcotte before. She is completely self serving and really thinks she is going to "teach" others. These people are carrying on conversations between themselves and I refuse to get sucked into the idiotic bullshit.

Whole lot of millennial narcissism in action.

Forum List

Back