do moderate dems and independent voters still believe Biden is a moderate ?

many so called moderate dems and independent voters claimed Biden was not a far leftist .....they claimed that Biden was a moderate democrat that would bring the 2 sides together and govern from the middle ! bwaahaaahaaa suckers ! Biden has caved to the far left and is turning out to be the most extreme radical left POTUS in history ! and before the expected attack on the op or source please [those of you who thought you were voting for a moderate that would unite the country by governing from the middle ] tell us you still believe Biden is a moderate ... Biden is the most radical left-wing president in US history, period
Moderate independents do.

So if a whacked out leftist like you declares him "moderate," that puts Biden square in the middle of whacked out leftist

imo a test will be whether the gop can accept any tax hikes on upper earners and corporations up to ... say 24-25%, and if Biden can accept not raising taxes on anyone making $400-450,000.

If the gop can't accept that, don't bitch about Biden not being a moderate. IF they can't, He'll jam it up the gop's ass if he can get 50 votes.

And FYI, I would prefer to limit any tax hikes on individuals to those making $500K and more. And eliminating cap gains and just treating them as income, and not having any step up basis for those worth more than a couple of million

The only Dems and independents who still think Xiden is a moderate keep repeating:

"Joe Biden is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

Have you noticed we mostly only see the frowning angry Biden now, he's losing it.
ever see a happy marxist ? me neither .
That's nothing. I haven't seen a happy trumpkins in 5 months, and nobody cares about any Marxists, anyway.:D
dems won the election and they still aint happy . heck they seem angrier [especially the dem leaders ]than ever .
Which ones? Haven't noticed. Most of the stories seem to be about unhappy republicans. Trumpy is pissed at his VP for not overthrowing the election and he also called McConnell a dumb ass, even though McConnell was the minority leader that kept him from being convicted during impeachment twice and even voted against impeachment himself. Republicans in Georgia are upset that Coke, Delta Airlines, Major League baseball and some others disapprove of the republicans attacking the voting of the majority of the state, just because they didn't vote the way they wanted. Gaetz is pretty unhappy, his buddy going to take a plea deal and probably testify against him. So, who's upset besides the republicans. Just looked at Drudge and Memorandum, but didn't see any unhappy democrats.

Omigawd are you delusional. The insanely hateful people burning up cities, looting and terrorizing people are Lefties, swampy.

Normal people just want to be left alone and don't have politics as the locus of their identities. You Prog Dupes do.
You have seen "Dem leaders" rioting in the street? Give us a name. The rioters ("dem leaders" not among them) are back because it is more comfortable to riot in 65degrees than 25 degrees.
You really need to talk to the democrat mayors and governors. They are the ones putting up with it, as it is local to them and they think hands off as much as possible is the way to go. Not like that in Tennessee, so we didn't have the problem in the whole state. Local leadership is the problem not national leaders a thousand miles away. Bitching about national leaders won't make local politicians take a different tactic.
So Trump is not responsible for any of the rioting?
Definitely responsible for the attack on the capital. Rioters of the BLM (horrible slogan name) was not a reaction to trump, but spurred by bad leadership at the local level to local and non-local events and then copy cat extremism to get free shit. Trump's belligerence and quiet support of militias, proud boys, etc certainly did not help.

Xiden isn't running the show.

He's a completely detached sock puppet for his radical fascist Kabinet Kommisssars.
Have seen no evidence if that.

many so called moderate dems and independent voters claimed Biden was not a far leftist .....they claimed that Biden was a moderate democrat that would bring the 2 sides together and govern from the middle ! bwaahaaahaaa suckers ! Biden has caved to the far left and is turning out to be the most extreme radical left POTUS in history ! and before the expected attack on the op or source please [those of you who thought you were voting for a moderate that would unite the country by governing from the middle ] tell us you still believe Biden is a moderate ... Biden is the most radical left-wing president in US history, period
And what about Biden's policies do you think marks him as moderate?
He is re-aligning with historic international partners and ally countries., for one thing. Starting with what historically works is a moderate idea, far more than the go it alone or align with totalitarians we had under trump.
I have to repeat my question then as that is not a policy but a platitude. "...re-aligning with historic international partners and ally countries" does not have a meaning. It is a ra-ra bullet point with no meat.

And I am not saying it is not true - just that it tells me nothing of why you think he is a moderate. From my side, he certainly is being better to our allies then Trump was but pretty much sticking with Trumpism via China and all indications are that problems with Russia are simply going to increase and may do so rather drastically. NONE of that makes him a moderate or 'extremist' though. Not being an asshole to your allies is hardly moderate - it is not even a policy. It is just plain normal governance.

Sanders is not a moderate. Rand is not a moderate. Neither would be doing much different with our allies at this moment.
In comparison with trump and trumpism, by being an asshole to our allies, instead of supporting Russia and more extremist centralist ideology leaders is definitely more moderate.
I would contend that being more 'moderate' than Trump in the manner that you are using it is like winning 10th place at a 3 man race - absolutely irrelevant to that actual question as to being moderate or not. And my question remains unanswered.

Not Trump != moderate just like not Pol Pot != democratic

The only Dems and independents who still think Xiden is a moderate keep repeating:

"Joe Biden is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

Have you noticed we mostly only see the frowning angry Biden now, he's losing it.
ever see a happy marxist ? me neither .
That's nothing. I haven't seen a happy trumpkins in 5 months, and nobody cares about any Marxists, anyway.:D
dems won the election and they still aint happy . heck they seem angrier [especially the dem leaders ]than ever .
Which ones? Haven't noticed. Most of the stories seem to be about unhappy republicans. Trumpy is pissed at his VP for not overthrowing the election and he also called McConnell a dumb ass, even though McConnell was the minority leader that kept him from being convicted during impeachment twice and even voted against impeachment himself. Republicans in Georgia are upset that Coke, Delta Airlines, Major League baseball and some others disapprove of the republicans attacking the voting of the majority of the state, just because they didn't vote the way they wanted. Gaetz is pretty unhappy, his buddy going to take a plea deal and probably testify against him. So, who's upset besides the republicans. Just looked at Drudge and Memorandum, but didn't see any unhappy democrats.

Omigawd are you delusional. The insanely hateful people burning up cities, looting and terrorizing people are Lefties, swampy.

Normal people just want to be left alone and don't have politics as the locus of their identities. You Prog Dupes do.
You have seen "Dem leaders" rioting in the street? Give us a name. The rioters ("dem leaders" not among them) are back because it is more comfortable to riot in 65degrees than 25 degrees.
You really need to talk to the democrat mayors and governors. They are the ones putting up with it, as it is local to them and they think hands off as much as possible is the way to go. Not like that in Tennessee, so we didn't have the problem in the whole state. Local leadership is the problem not national leaders a thousand miles away. Bitching about national leaders won't make local politicians take a different tactic.
So Trump is not responsible for any of the rioting?
Definitely responsible for the attack on the capital. Rioters of the BLM (horrible slogan name) was not a reaction to trump, but spurred by bad leadership at the local level to local and non-local events and then copy cat extremism to get free shit. Trump's belligerence and quiet support of militias, proud boys, etc certainly did not help.
So we can say the left has not been helpful but do not bear any responsibility?

Ill have to think of that a bit.

What's the love affair with being a moderate?

From where I'm sitting, moderates seem to always be just okay with all of the bad, anti-liberty legislation coming from both sides of the party of one in Washington.

It is my view that this makes moderates the single most dangerous threat to the cause of Individual liberty in America today. It is my view that one either supports the constitution and the cause of Individual liberty or one opposes it. There is no logical in-between and there needs to be as much division as possible to separate the two opposing views so that it is clear who opposes it and who defends it.

So I ask again. What is so desirable about being identified as a moderate? All I've found is that moderates aren't held accountable or responsible for supporting their position and seem to be rather comfortable with the luxury of not having to be.

Last edited:

What's the love affair with being a moderate?

From where I'm sitting, moderates seem to always be just okay with all of the bad, anti-liberty legislation coming from both sides of the party of one in Washington.

It is my view that this makes moderates the single most dangerous threat to the cause of Individual liberty in America today. It is my voew that one either supports the constitution and the cause of Individua lliberty or they oppose it. There is no logical in-between and there needs to be as much division as possible to separate the two opposing views.

So I ask again. What is so desirable about being identified as a moderate?
Because an extremist is generally a purist and purity fails 100 percent of the time. 100 percent. There is no workable 'pure' ideology because life is not simple and people are not rational.

Does that mean that being moderate is desirable? Not really IMHO but it does mean that not being on the extreme and not being a purist is desirable. Just do not think that lands you at moderate.

He's definitely governing more to the Left than I had expected.

I'd rather he didn't.

And yet, I remain so relieved that he replaced the former guy. So fuckin' relieved.

Not surprised. He is in a catch 22. He has to appease both wings of his party.

Because an extremist is generally a purist and purity fails 100 percent of the time. 100 percent. There is no workable 'pure' ideology because life is not simple and people are not rational.

Does that mean that being moderate is desirable? Not really IMHO but it does mean that not being on the extreme and not being a purist is desirable. Just do not think that lands you at moderate.

There's certainly validity in your thought there.

I just find that the term 'moderate' is kind of a weasel word that lends more to the luxury of not having the responsibility of supporting and defending one's actions or positions. Truth be told, I'd contend that most mainstream 'moderates' lean remarkably one way or the other in reality and choose to roll with the moderate label so as to avoid having the responsibility of being intellectually honest in their intent.

Last edited:

I just find that the term 'moderate' is kind of a weasel word that lends more to the luxury of not having the responsibility of supporting and defending one's actions or positions. Truth be told, I'd contend that most mainstream 'moderates' lean remarkably one way or the other and roll with the moderate label to avoid having to be intellectually honest with their intent.
Cant argue with the general use of the term. Most people use it as a stand in for not caring IMHO. Pew has done some research into this too and finds that many people calling themselves independents that lean one way or the other (and I would claim they see themselves as moderates and that many define moderate in this way) tend to be at least as partisan as those claiming to be republicans or democrats. Not sure how well they actually fleshed all that out though.

I just find that the term 'moderate' is kind of a weasel word that lends more to the luxury of not having the responsibility of supporting and defending one's actions or positions. Truth be told, I'd contend that most mainstream 'moderates' lean remarkably one way or the other and roll with the moderate label to avoid having to be intellectually honest with their intent.
Cant argue with the general use of the term. Most people use it as a stand in for not caring IMHO. Pew has done some research into this too and finds that many people calling themselves independents that lean one way or the other (and I would claim they see themselves as moderates and that many define moderate in this way) tend to be at least as partisan as those claiming to be republicans or democrats. Not sure how well they actually fleshed all that out though.
Maybe partisan (or uncompromising) on certain issues? For example, I know gays and people who are progressive on gay rights who are pretty conservative on tax and spending, and vice versa.

And I thought this brief politico blurb was interesting in that most gopers support school and internet funding as "infrastructure." But again, gop activisits are as intolerant, or more, than AOC, so I doubt any gop politician will support this stuff
POLITICO Playbook PM: Voters say: If we like it, it’s infrastructure - POLITICO

I just find that the term 'moderate' is kind of a weasel word that lends more to the luxury of not having the responsibility of supporting and defending one's actions or positions. Truth be told, I'd contend that most mainstream 'moderates' lean remarkably one way or the other in reality and choose to roll with the moderate label so as to avoid having the responsibility of being intellectually honest in their intent.
The term has largely been dependent upon the position of the Overton window....Today's "moderate" was a blood-shooting-out-the-ears leftist freak 20 years ago.

They do because they are indoctrinated and fucking weak mentally.

Moderate is middle ground where the majority of normal thinkers may be found.

Agreed. The problem is that they get labeled mugwumps and attacked for not picking the appropriate “team”...

And what about Biden's policies do you think marks him as moderate?
He is re-aligning with historic international partners and ally countries., for one thing. Starting with what historically works is a moderate idea, far more than the go it alone or align with totalitarians we had under trump.
I have to repeat my question then as that is not a policy but a platitude. "...re-aligning with historic international partners and ally countries" does not have a meaning. It is a ra-ra bullet point with no meat.

And I am not saying it is not true - just that it tells me nothing of why you think he is a moderate. From my side, he certainly is being better to our allies then Trump was but pretty much sticking with Trumpism via China and all indications are that problems with Russia are simply going to increase and may do so rather drastically. NONE of that makes him a moderate or 'extremist' though. Not being an asshole to your allies is hardly moderate - it is not even a policy. It is just plain normal governance.

Sanders is not a moderate. Rand is not a moderate. Neither would be doing much different with our allies at this moment.
In comparison with trump and trumpism, by being an asshole to our allies, instead of supporting Russia and more extremist centralist ideology leaders is definitely more moderate.
I enjoyed Putin’s slap down of the demential riddled old fool inviting him to a live televised discussion. What a weak minded pathetic leader the leftists stole the election for just because their feelings were hurt. Leaders of the world laugh at Dementia Kid Killing *Joe.

Forum List

Back