Do flies get drunk?

Houseflies or horseflies? Even if horseflies, that would be pretty impressive. Any way you slice it, you got a fly problem. I recommend permethrin 36.8% at two or three times the recommended ratio for the 10% you see in the stores, across your entire property. I am environmentally aware, though not a fanatic about it, but I hate flies, mosquitos, ants and wasps. Not a sporting as you are and maybe not even as good a shot.
no no no --think about it -over 60 days ---that's way less than 4 per day..and it was the summer--I stayed out in the backyard '''all day''

Houseflies or horseflies? Even if horseflies, that would be pretty impressive. Any way you slice it, you got a fly problem. I recommend permethrin 36.8% at two or three times the recommended ratio for the 10% you see in the stores, across your entire property. I am environmentally aware, though not a fanatic about it, but I hate flies, mosquitos, ants and wasps. Not a sporting as you are and maybe not even as good a shot.
no fly problem

I knew a gal that nailed sandwich bags full of sugar/honey water on the trees. Caught up and killed a lot of flies, but you also start looking for a dead body cuz those suckers stink.

James bought a bug slapper that looks like a tennis racquet but has electric wires on it. Pretty gross, especially with bigger bugs. But it'll fry them till tuesday or till you let the button go.

The epitome of fine hillbilly entertainment!

no no no --think about it -over 60 days ---that's way less than 4 per day..and it was the summer--I stayed out in the backyard '''all day''
Still seriously good shooting, and I am sure very entertaining, but still recommend the permethrin. I get it online at that strength, as they don't let people like me buy it in this state, but that means I get it sales tax-free, also as that company does not have a brick and mortar outlet in this state.:D

I used that stupid sad emotie cause there ain't a pukin one.
I remember when I was much younger, I rode my 10 speed bicycle through what seemed to be a storm of gnats (I lived in peach country). Couldn't help but swallow a bunch of the little fellas. Don't have a clue to how many.

Still seriously good shooting, and I am sure very entertaining, but still recommend the permethrin. I get it online at that strength, as they don't let people like me buy it in this state, but that means I get it sales tax-free, also as that company does not have a brick and mortar outlet in this state.:D
well--it's like trick shooting [ or just about any of this weird crap you see people do ] some people do--if you do it '''everyday'', it's not that hard ...I learned where to aim

I knew a gal that nailed sandwich bags full of sugar/honey water on the trees. Caught up and killed a lot of flies, but you also start looking for a dead body cuz those suckers stink.

James bought a bug slapper that looks like a tennis racquet but has electric wires on it. Pretty gross, especially with bigger bugs. But it'll fry them till tuesday or till you let the button go.

Sitting on the back porch at night and watching the bug zapper is cheep entertainment where I come from.

I remember when I was much younger, I rode my 10 speed bicycle through what seemed to be a storm of gnats (I lived in peach country). Couldn't help but swallow a bunch of the little fellas. Don't have a clue to how many.

LOL! Ack!

Fuckin bugs.

I'd eat a bowl of flies if I could never again deal with spiders.

Wait- that's a lie, but still.

When I was a kid, my cousin and I were out gathering blackberries for our gramma. We were eating a lot too, and with bad manners to boot.

I threw a handful in my face and immediately bit into some bitter, nasty assed beetle.

I'm sure I needed therapy, but hillbilly kids don't get that- they get "Now you go on and stop that throwing up and trembling before I give you something to tremble and throw up about.

Alcoholic flies aren't a big deal, it's the alcoholic bees, hornets and wasps that are more concerning. And down south, the fire ants too.

They all best just stay away from me. I have a zapper.

Those things are a lot of fun for those big wood bees. Even if they don't sizzle, it is very satisfying to hear that "Ting" like a bad mitten racket and see them sail across the yard.:hyper:

LOL! Ack!

Fuckin bugs.

I'd eat a bowl of flies if I could never again deal with spiders.

Wait- that's a lie, but still.

When I was a kid, my cousin and I were out gathering blackberries for our gramma. We were eating a lot too, and with bad manners to boot.

I threw a handful in my face and immediately bit into some bitter, nasty assed beetle.

I'm sure I needed therapy, but hillbilly kids don't get that- they get "Now you go on and stop that throwing up and trembling before I give you something to tremble and throw up about.

Yeah, we had blackberry bushes. They had MASSIVELY huge berries on them every year. And I loved to eat as many as I could.

One year, I was picking some, and started to put my hand through an opening in the vines to grab some berries............until I noticed this sitting there.........

black-and-yellow-spider-floyd-hopper.jpg

It was as big as my hand!!! I ran into the garage and got a glass jar with a lid and scooped it up.
Took it to my science teacher at school the next day. She collected spider specimens.

After that, I looked VERY carefully at everything, BEFORE I put my hands anywhere near it!!!

Forum List

Back