Zone1 Do Christians Proselytize out of “Love” - or Arrogance?

Mary is called the immaculate conception. Jesus is called the son of God. Do you understand the distinction?

You either mistyped or are just wrong. Best thing to do is to type next, "Yeah I was wrong" or "I mistyped". Not dance around this.

You either mistyped or are just wrong. Best thing to do is to type next, "Yeah I was wrong" or "I mistyped". Not dance around this.

Nope. Catholic tradition is older than the gospels. Mary is called the immaculate conception. Jesus was born of a virgin.

the jewish sages of that time HAD NAMES. They did not write anonymously. Antiochus is very WELL
KNOWN ---not some sort of forgotten player as you
so often assert. What he was doing is also well known. Check your nite table in your local flop house-----the book of Maccabee is in DA BIBLE. "scholars say...."
Whoever did write the book------it remains of some questionable validity. The jewish sages WERE and ARE very fussy-----christian scholars like the really
vague imagery knocking about in the aramaic----they can ascribe all kinds of BS to it.

Most Christians don't know about the Maccabees or Antiochus IV.

Protestant Bibles don't contain the book about the Maccabees.

Nope. I said Mary is the immaculate conception.

The tradition is older than the New testament.

Most Christians don't know about the Maccabees or Antiochus IV.

Protestant Bibles don't contain the book about the Maccabees.

oh------no Maccabees in jelly-bean school?---well--that's ok-----it is a kind of war story novella-----of course Antiochus is an important player, historically
it is clear to me that the story does not fit snugly
in the roma-hellenism of the christian narrative

oh------no Maccabees in jelly-bean school?---well--that's ok-----it is a kind of war story novella-----of course Antiochus is an important player, historically
it is clear to me that the story does not fit snugly
in the roma-hellenism of the christian narrative

??? Antiochus was Greek.

There were no Christians when Antiochus IV Epiphanies was alive.
OH GEE!!!! watta revelation!!!!. Your brain is still
intact-----ISN'T IT? I will help rehabilitate you.
Hellenism is a big issue in Judaism. <<< does that statement RING A BELL?

OH GEE!!!! watta revelation!!!!. Your brain is still
intact-----ISN'T IT? I will help rehabilitate you.
Hellenism is a big issue in Judaism. <<< does that statement RING A BELL?

Yes, look at the Decapolis. The north was more prosperous than than Jerusalem.

Yes, look at the Decapolis. The north was more prosperous than than Jerusalem.
right-----there is no question----those of Judea who licked the shit of greece and rome -----had ended up with more money. Where have you been these past 2000 years?

right-----there is no question----those of Judea who licked the shit of greece and rome -----had ended up with more money. Where have you been these past 2000 years?

Sargon 2 settled four Arab tribes in Samaria around 500 BC so the Jews in Jerusalem looked down on the northerners as half breeds.

Rome wasn't involved until 63 BC.

Sargon 2 settled four Arab tribes in Samaria around 500 BC so the Jews in Jerusalem looked down on the northerners as half breeds.

Rome wasn't involved until 63 BC.

you keep posing that bullshit "ARAB TRIBES" nonsense-----with absolutely no supporting evidence that ANYONE "looked down" on the northerners as "half breeds" Half breeds is an anglican construct

you keep posing that bullshit "ARAB TRIBES" nonsense-----with absolutely no supporting evidence that ANYONE "looked down" on the northerners as "half breeds" Half breeds is an anglican construct

The tribes are named here.

The tribes are named here.

you made no point at all-----that filth was imposed
on JUDEA by you and your is nothing new. That "HALF BREEDS" libel is a church thing you got in sunday school

you made no point at all-----that filth was imposed
on JUDEA by you and your is nothing new. That "HALF BREEDS" libel is a church thing you got in sunday school

It was during the time of the Babylonian exile. Remember Greek was the lingua franca .

It was during the time of the Babylonian exile. Remember Greek was the lingua franca .
roflmao SO? HELLENISM IS YOUR PERVERSION-----btw during the babylonian exile---aramaic was the lingua franca for jews -----the issue of GREEK was a distasteful imposition-----NO HISTORICAL EVIDENCE that "jesus" spoke a word of it-----but keep trying

roflmao SO? HELLENISM IS YOUR PERVERSION-----btw during the babylonian exile---aramaic was the lingua franca for jews -----the issue of GREEK was a distasteful imposition-----NO HISTORICAL EVIDENCE that "jesus" spoke a word of it-----but keep trying

Greek was the language of commerce.

Mary is the immaculate conception, not Jesus.
I didn’t say Jesus was the immaculate conception in my post. I said that (according to Christians), he was the product of immaculate conception.

Still, not sure what your point was.

I didn’t say Jesus was the immaculate conception in my post. I said that (according to Christians), he was the product of immaculate conception.

Still, not sure what your point was.

Forum List

Back