Zone1 Do Christians Proselytize out of “Love” - or Arrogance?

Nobody said that as far as I can see….find it.

Besides, it’s semantics. Does it really matter?

I said it, because an "immaculate" conception is one without sin. That only happened, Biblically, in Jesus Christ. Not whatever Catholics made up about the magic when Mary's mom and dad conceived her. I'm however enthralled with Surada's claim that Catholicism precedes....the Gospels.

I said it, because an "immaculate" conception is one without sin. That only happened, Biblically, in Jesus Christ. Not whatever Catholics made up about the magic when Mary's mom and dad conceived her. I'm however enthralled with Surada's claim that Catholicism precedes....the Gospels.

Paul died before the destruction of the temple. 68AD, I think.

The gospels we're written after 85 AD.

Not whatever Catholics made up about the magic when Mary's mom and dad conceived her.
Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, and Cyril of Jerusalem developed the idea of Mary as the New Eve, drawing comparison to "... Eve, while yet immaculate and incorrupt — that is to say, not subject to original sin." So too, Ephrem the Syrian said she was as innocent as Eve before the Fall. Ambrose says she is incorrupt, a virgin immune through grace from every stain of sin. It was John Damascene's opinion that the supernatural influence of God at the generation of Mary was so comprehensive that it extended also to her parents. He says of them that, during the generation, they were filled and purified by the Holy Spirit, and freed from sexual concupiscence. Consequently according to Damascene, even the human element of her origin, the material of which she was formed, was pure and holy.

Her theology is a cobbled together mess. Only the Catholics think of Mary being conceived "immaculately" and that is just a tradition, not an established doctrine.
Incorrect. Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, and Cyril of Jerusalem developed the idea of Mary as the New Eve, drawing comparison to "... Eve, while yet immaculate and incorrupt — that is to say, not subject to original sin." So too, Ephrem the Syrian said she was as innocent as Eve before the Fall. Ambrose says she is incorrupt, a virgin immune through grace from every stain of sin. It was John Damascene's opinion that the supernatural influence of God at the generation of Mary was so comprehensive that it extended also to her parents. He says of them that, during the generation, they were filled and purified by the Holy Spirit, and freed from sexual concupiscence. Consequently according to Damascene, even the human element of her origin, the material of which she was formed, was pure and holy.

Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, and Cyril of Jerusalem developed the idea of Mary as the New Eve, drawing comparison to "... Eve, while yet immaculate and incorrupt — that is to say, not subject to original sin." So too, Ephrem the Syrian said she was as innocent as Eve before the Fall. Ambrose says she is incorrupt, a virgin immune through grace from every stain of sin. It was John Damascene's opinion that the supernatural influence of God at the generation of Mary was so comprehensive that it extended also to her parents. He says of them that, during the generation, they were filled and purified by the Holy Spirit, and freed from sexual concupiscence. Consequently according to Damascene, even the human element of her origin, the material of which she was formed, was pure and holy.

I don't care what he said, if Mary were conceived in such a manner God would have us about it in the Scriptures. Surada's "belief" is as I said, a cobbled together mess.

Several links have already been posted on this thread.

Dogma and extrapolations do not interest me, only the Word. Rationality would dictate that if Mary were conceived "immaculately" it would thus follow that Jesus was too. Your mind cannot grasp the breadth and depth of the Word as written.

Well that's nice, but Mary came after Eve.

Dogma and extrapolations do not interest me, only the Word. Rationality would dictate that if Mary were conceived "immaculately" it would thus follow that Jesus was too. Your mind cannot grasp the breadth and depth of the Word as written.

I understand it perfectly.

I said that (according to Christians), he was the product of immaculate conception
"Accordinary to christians"?

ONLY Catholicism teaches this nonsense.

This is the problem I have with your. bigoted thread.

Imagine if I posted a thread with the title,

Do the Jews Proselytize Out of Love or Arrogance

ALL Christians are not in lockstep.

Not all Christians are Catholic. Most of us utterly reject Catholic doctrine. It has its roots in paganism.

Thanks. I never knew anyone to say that Mary was the product of an immaculate conception.

Greek was the language of commerce.
SO? what is your point. Daniel is written in
aramaic. Aramaic, in the first century BCE---was the
language of the street in JUDEA ----but you MUST
have known that very simple fact. EVERYONE
knows it.

Catholics believe this. They really venerate Mary a lot, even to the point of praying to her. Protestants do not.
the very first THEOLOGICAL argument that I heard took place between two if my playmates ---age ~ 6.
Lenore ACCUSED catholic Sandy of "praying to Mary"
Sandy said "NO --we pray FOR mary" ----I was clueless

Forum List

Back