Do asylum seekers from Venezuela fly to Mexico and then enter Texas?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I was wondering how those folks got here, so I googled "Venezuela to Texas." All of the suggested routes that came up looked a lot like this:

1663844856269.png

No website showed an overland route, even if I googled "by car," or "on land."

Yet, they don't land in Houston, because here they are entering Texas.:

1663845085474.png

Those people don't look like they just walked through Central America and Mexico. They would would have lost some of that pudge on a journey like that. They flew to Mexico to play the role of poor unemployed workers needing to cross into the U.S. But when caught, they claim to be escaping oppression as a persecuted group which is what an asylum seeker is.

That's the part I don't get. How do you fly away from a dictatorial regime? Do they really just let you hop on a plane and leave? In the airport does one guy say, "I'm going to Mexico City representing El Presidente Compenero Maduro," and another guy says, "Oh, I'm going to the U.S. to escape Maduro's brutal totalitarian regime. But don't tell anyone, OK?"

Did the Jewish victims in Germany, and the Refuseniks of the Soviet Union just not think of that?

Where does someone that oppressed get the money for several plane tickets? The Democrats certainly want us to think they are fleeing an Orwellian nightmare state. Karine Jean-Pierre said that they are "fleeing a communist country." Wow! I have not heard a Democrat say the word "Communist" in a negative tone since Jimmy Carter.

Who knows, maybe they will start treating Cuban refugees as if they are fleeing a communist country. Naah . . .

Here's the thing. I worked in Guatemala for several months. Mexicans actually consider Guatemalan's to be poor. The border between Mexico and Guatemala is one of the most heavily guarded in the world. To keep Guatemalan's from entering Mexico illegally looking for work.

I was wondering how those folks got here, so I googled "Venezuela to Texas." All of the suggested routes that came up looked a lot like this:

View attachment 699735

View attachment 699739

Those people don't look like they just walked through Central America and Mexico. They would would have lost some of that pudge on a journey like that. They flew to Mexico to play the role of poor unemployed workers needing to cross into the U.S. But when caught, they claim to be escaping oppression as a persecuted group which is what an asylum seeker is.

That's the part I don't get. How do you fly away from a dictatorial regime? Do they really just let you hop on a plane and leave? In the airport does one guy say, "I'm going to Mexico City representing El Presidente Compenero Maduro," and another guy says, "Oh, I'm going to the U.S. to escape Maduro's brutal totalitarian regime. But don't tell anyone, OK?"

Did the Jewish victims in Germany, and the Refuseniks of the Soviet Union just not think of that?

Where does someone that oppressed get the money for several plane tickets? The Democrats certainly want us to think they are fleeing an Orwellian nightmare state. Karine Jean-Pierre said that they are "fleeing a communist country." Wow! I have not heard a Democrat say the word "Communist" in a negative tone since Jimmy Carter.

Who knows, maybe they will start treating Cuban refugees as if they are fleeing a communist country. Naah . . .
Don't they always look so well dressed and groomed as well, like they just stepped out of the shower?

View attachment 699735

View attachment 699739

To get from Venezuela (or anywhere in South America) to Mexico by land would necessarily involve crossing the Darién Gap, which is a very difficult and dangerous place through which to travel. Some migrants do indeed cross that way, many others die making the attempt.

Here's the thing. I worked in Guatemala for several months. Mexicans actually consider Guatemalan's to be poor. The border between Mexico and Guatemala is one of the most heavily guarded in the world. To keep Guatemalan's from entering Mexico illegally looking for work.
We gave Mexico a lot of $$$ to reinforce that border years ago.

Forum List

Back